Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-24-2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Heather
shadow.walking.tactician
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 246
Silent Hill cosplay thread~

I know there's a couple threads scattered out there, but there hasn't been one in awhile and with the fourth game coming out soon... I think SH needs a cosplay thread to discuss the outfits from the games!

This can be a thread for tecnhiques on certain parts of outfits, helping fellow SH cosplayers and sharing your work.

Anyone working on a Silent Hill costume as of right now? Or have any pictures to share of ones you've already made?
__________________
Traitor's Interface - my cosplay site! ;D
GTI - my personal site.
yjiml - the ELJAY of doom. XD


"Suffering is the fuel in the engine of civilization." - Jacen Solo
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-24-2004, 04:49 PM   #2
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)
 
daguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,838
*that pyramid head guy from katsucon*

well, i've REALLY wanted to do some of the creepy-ass monsters, but it hasn't come out yet and there aren't many good pics to use. Either that, or i'm just lazy and not looking for them.
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #3
Heather
shadow.walking.tactician
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 246
Any specific monsters you're looking for? I'm sure I have pictures somewhere, or can find them easily.
__________________
Traitor's Interface - my cosplay site! ;D
GTI - my personal site.
yjiml - the ELJAY of doom. XD


"Suffering is the fuel in the engine of civilization." - Jacen Solo
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2004, 03:36 PM   #4
tisri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4
I'm doing Heather for AX

I'm totally having a hard time(plus I put it off til the last minute). So far I've got:
orange armbands(from claire's boutique)
black chunky watch
brown knee boots with buckles(from zappos.com)
Blonde hair, and cut, with slight dark roots growing in
pink shimmery lip gloss etc.
dark green (coffee colored almost) mini skirt (from rampage.com)
heather flashlight(frys)

I'm missing:
orange mock sleeveless top
white hoodie vest

I NEED HELP FINDING THESE IN THE NEXT WEEK!!! Crazy- plus my boyfriend is dressing as Vincent, my best friend is doing James, and my brother is Harry. I had twins doing Mary and Maria, but they backed out.
tisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)
 
daguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
Any specific monsters you're looking for? I'm sure I have pictures somewhere, or can find them easily.
Well, basically any of them. I mean they're all lingering in my nightmares
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2004, 06:12 PM   #6
NeonRainDrop
Sabaku Sousou!
 
NeonRainDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 97
I saw a Heather carrying a pipe at ACEN 2004... hehe.

I also saw Pyramid Head too.. with a Hugh Jass cleaver

'twas awesome, droogies, awesome.
__________________
It doesn't matter if the food is old, or cold, or covered in mold! It's for the shorties.
-Sir Loin (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
NeonRainDrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2004, 05:17 AM   #7
Logik
Registered User
 
Logik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 10
I remember taking a picture of a couple of pyramid heads with their huge machetes at Fanime this year.They even gestured for me to come over to them. Sure they were posing, but it was still freaky... Anyways, the thing is, I don't have a web site to put any of my pictures on. I found some other sites with pics of the two, but forgot what the site addresses were. I'll search around and post back with the links.
__________________
"All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrrow will be what it should be - even if it isn't what you expected." -Harry Dresden
Logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 07:39 PM   #8
HybridTwist
Here to help
 
HybridTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,856
Hey, I was wondering if you could help me on this. Do you know where I can find any clear pics of the main character for SH4?
__________________
Proud Member of Coconut Bubble Sex Cosplay


If you need help on props, PM me and I'll try to help you.
HybridTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 10:15 PM   #9
Aya Brea X
Rockman Fan
 
Aya Brea X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisri
I'm totally having a hard time(plus I put it off til the last minute). So far I've got:
orange armbands(from claire's boutique)
black chunky watch
brown knee boots with buckles(from zappos.com)
Blonde hair, and cut, with slight dark roots growing in
pink shimmery lip gloss etc.
dark green (coffee colored almost) mini skirt (from rampage.com)
heather flashlight(frys)

I'm missing:
orange mock sleeveless top
white hoodie vest

I NEED HELP FINDING THESE IN THE NEXT WEEK!!! Crazy- plus my boyfriend is dressing as Vincent, my best friend is doing James, and my brother is Harry. I had twins doing Mary and Maria, but they backed out.
I actually found the white hoodie vest at New York & Company for less than thirty dollars. I had to go to EB just to make sure I wasn't dreaming and I actually found it. Though it's got no vest pockets, so I don't know how you're going to do the flashlight.

New York & Company Webiste But I dont know if the item is actually listed there. I went to two of their stores, but only one had them. (that was in Lakewood, CA)

I'm still missing the orange sleeveless top and the boots, but I'm kinda on a budget, so I think I'll just go with kneehigh socks and the shorter black boots I already own. If I dont find the sleeveless top, I'll just go the Japanese Soundtrack Heather style, just the white top, no orange top underneath.
Aya Brea X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 10:40 PM   #10
HybridTwist
Here to help
 
HybridTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,856
Oh, also my friend (GTC) will be cosplaying as well. I'm pretty sure that he is doing James.
__________________
Proud Member of Coconut Bubble Sex Cosplay


If you need help on props, PM me and I'll try to help you.
HybridTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2004, 11:22 PM   #11
Heather
shadow.walking.tactician
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 246
For pictures on monsters and on SH4 characters, a good place to look is Silent Hill Network or Central Silent Hill~

And hopefully I'll finish the Silent Hill cosplay page soon. >_< I really need to finish that up... so I can start adding SH4 characters too.
__________________
Traitor's Interface - my cosplay site! ;D
GTI - my personal site.
yjiml - the ELJAY of doom. XD


"Suffering is the fuel in the engine of civilization." - Jacen Solo
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #12
tisri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Brea X
I actually found the white hoodie vest at New York & Company for less than thirty dollars. I had to go to EB just to make sure I wasn't dreaming and I actually found it. Though it's got no vest pockets, so I don't know how you're going to do the flashlight.

New York & Company Webiste But I dont know if the item is actually listed there. I went to two of their stores, but only one had them. (that was in Lakewood, CA)

I'm still missing the orange sleeveless top and the boots, but I'm kinda on a budget, so I think I'll just go with kneehigh socks and the shorter black boots I already own. If I dont find the sleeveless top, I'll just go the Japanese Soundtrack Heather style, just the white top, no orange top underneath.
THANK YOU SO MUCH---that store is at Del Amo--awesome!!! Oh and Landsend.com has the mock-but it's white so I'm gonna dye it!
tisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2004, 12:03 AM   #13
Aya Brea X
Rockman Fan
 
Aya Brea X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tisri
THANK YOU SO MUCH---that store is at Del Amo--awesome!!! Oh and Landsend.com has the mock-but it's white so I'm gonna dye it!
You're in that area? Cool XD But just so you get the correct mall, it's the one at the Los Cerritos center, on South St off of Studebaker in Cerritos (sorry, I got my cities mixed up O_o was in too many malls yesterday. It's not the Lakewood Shopping center one that's off of Del Amo, that one is the one that doesn't have it.) When you walk in the store, it should be on the wall to your left. I was just there yesterday and got it then. Good luck!

Lands end... hm... it might be too late for me to get it there, since I need it on Thursday (AX)
Aya Brea X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 07:28 PM   #14
DJCelicaStyle
Red with a Twist
 
DJCelicaStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 86
I wish I lived near you guys *sad* I'm about 1/2 done with Heather's default outfit, I can't find the shirt and vest. But I did finish the game reactor shirt. I've also done the memory of Alessa, but I lost the vest
DJCelicaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 07:52 PM   #15
Aya Brea X
Rockman Fan
 
Aya Brea X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCelicaStyle
I wish I lived near you guys *sad* I'm about 1/2 done with Heather's default outfit, I can't find the shirt and vest. But I did finish the game reactor shirt. I've also done the memory of Alessa, but I lost the vest
I simply gave up and went out to buy a white mock neck that's long sleeved (closest thing I could find) and bought two boxes of RIT dye from JoAnn Fabrics and it turned out pretty well. I cut off the sleeves. The only downside is that I bought a men's shirt and it doesn't stretch too much, so it's a bit tight in the chest area.

As for the white vest, do you have any New York & Company stores in your area? They're usually in one out of every two malls I visit, kinda like Express. The vest is from the New York Jeans line.
Aya Brea X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.