Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #1276
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post
I actually thought of something you guys could maybe help me with. I've noticed from looking at reference pics that the Demon Nurses have an odd grey, dead look to their skin. Would there be a simple way to achieve that effect?
Water based cake makeup. Get white and apply it all over the exposed skin and smooth it out while it dries.
Using a makeup sponge, blend grey-ish makeup into the lower areas of skin to create 3d definition.
http://www.campusmen.com/male-modeli...abs-trick.html

edit: Please go EASY on the fake blood spattering

Note to self: "Napalm sticks to babies" is not a good campaign slogan

Last edited by daguru : 11-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.
daguru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #1277
Gaku_X
All around dork-face

Dood-Ben Nye Dead Flesh=nursey win.

Also.How would one go about trying to do the Closer arms properly?Basic ideas,but putting the spike tube in might drive me crazy.Especially since I would LOVE to figure out how to make it so I can make the spike shoot out.
In other news:I will look damned hilarious as a short Closer.

Silent Hill Hybrid Nurse(For Haunt)
Angelique-Hellraiser(For Haunt)
Kirie Himuro-Fatal Frame
Gaku_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #1278
Amata
Shunpo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguru View Post
Water based cake makeup. Get white and apply it all over the exposed skin and smooth it out while it dries.
Using a makeup sponge, blend grey-ish makeup into the lower areas of skin to create 3d definition.
http://www.campusmen.com/male-modeli...abs-trick.html

edit: Please go EASY on the fake blood spattering
Thank you! And don't worry, I will. The Demon Nurses generally don't have any blood on them in the reference pics, so less is definately more.

Avatar Korra - The Legend of Korra
Amata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #1279
Alessa
Mother of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata View Post
Thank you! And don't worry, I will. The Demon Nurses generally don't have any blood on them in the reference pics, so less is definately more.
In case you need some good reference pictures:
http://www.visitsilenthill.com/tutor...emonnurse.html
Click on the nurse to see close up pictures of dress, face, shoes and gloves.
Good luck with your costume!

A Silent Hill Cosplay Website
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #1280
Amata
Shunpo Queen

Thanks a lot, I've already seen that site but I do appreciate you trying anyways, it's been hard for me to find good reference pics of the Demon Nurses.

Avatar Korra - The Legend of Korra
Amata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #1281
Sirene
Love made you into this.

Hey all! I was finally able to make my Bubblehead Nurse cosplay for Youmacon last weekend. It was so much fun to wear, even if the outside photoshoot was positively freezing. (I have goose bumps in a lot of the pictures, eep.)

Speaking of which, I'm uploading the photos slowly because I don't want to spam the site, but the costume link is here: http://www.cosplay.com/costume/265525/. Just in case you're curious~.

Also, I owe DMG a whooole lot. She did my makeup for me, and without her, I would've just been a hideously pale nurse instead of a hideously grimy nurse. Much love, m'dear!

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Miss Martian, stealth suit (Young Justice)
- Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom)
- Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Sirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 08:32 AM   #1282
Alessa
Mother of God

Oh yeah, freezing while taking Silent Hill photos... *memories*
Just two things I want to say: it is the Dark Nurse you made, not the Bubblehead Nurse.
Second: The hat seems a bit off. Too big and kind of flat ? It also should sit further back on your head, not on the very top of your head.
Nice job on the make up and the stains on the dress, also the idea with the black makeup on your eye-are is not bad at all!

A Silent Hill Cosplay Website
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #1283
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ Alessa: Hm, really? I wasn't aware the movie Nurse and the game Nurse had different names - I've always seen them both referred to as Bubbleheads. I've never heard them called Dark Nurses before (especially considering when I run a search for it on the site, most of what comes is the Nurse Joker from the Dark Knight~). If that's true, though, I'll still probably keep it listed as a Bubblehead, as that's what people primarily search for when looking for this costume.

The hat is probably my least favorite part, but as it's built onto the mask - which I have absolutely no intention of messing with - I won't be redoing it. I'm alright with it, really (because goodness knows I've seen worse). It did get a bit squished in transit, so I'll make a note to make sure it's puffed out before putting on the mask again! As far as placement and size of the hat is concerned, I used the Nurse movie poster as a reference for that (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/18...dea561ec3c.jpg - namely the nurse on the far right).

Thank you so much for the compliments on the dress, that really was my favorite part to do for this costume! And the makeup was an absolute blast, albeit washing it off was definitely an interesting experience. (The bathtub in our hotel room was a bit nasty by the end of the weekend, considering KH2Riku_4ever had to wash off his Tidus tan, and CourtoonXIII had to wash off her Medusa tattoos, too. Yum. Fortunately I was able to scrub it clean before we left!)

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Cyclone (DC Universe)

Last edited by Sirene : 11-21-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Unread 11-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #1284
Avianna
Lights Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirene View Post
@ Alessa: Hm, really? I wasn't aware the movie Nurse and the game Nurse had different names - I've always seen them both referred to as Bubbleheads. I've never heard them called Dark Nurses before (especially considering when I run a search for it on the site, most of what comes is the Nurse Joker from the Dark Knight~). If that's true, though, I'll still probably keep it listed as a Bubblehead, as that's what people primarily search for when looking for this costume.

The hat is probably my least favorite part, but as it's built onto the mask - which I have absolutely no intention of messing with - I won't be redoing it. I'm alright with it, really (because goodness knows I've seen worse). It did get a bit squished in transit, so I'll make a note to make sure it's puffed out before putting on the mask again! As far as placement and size of the hat is concerned, I used the Nurse movie poster as a reference for that (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/18...dea561ec3c.jpg - namely the nurse on the far right).

Thank you so much for the compliments on the dress, that really was my favorite part to do for this costume! And the makeup was an absolute blast, albeit washing it off was definitely an interesting experience. (The bathtub in our hotel room was a bit nasty by the end of the weekend, considering KH2Riku_4ever had to wash off his Tidus tan, and CourtoonXIII had to wash off her Medusa tattoos, too. Yum. Fortunately I was able to scrub it clean before we left!)
I really liked the mask when I saw it at Youma. I was one of the Robbie Girls in the room. I don't remember if I said 'hello' or how awesome I thought the hat was because I was extremely exhausted from working two full days in the exhibit hall. I have you in some video footage on my Vlog on YouTube! you waved at my camera at the photo shoot.

Yea, the hat on the head does seem high up, but I think that's because when people associate nurses with the movie nurses they think of the nurse in the front of your reference picture. If you were using the back nurse as the reference its dead on!

Oh and, I totally understand keeping it Bubblehead nurse for the searches. I think Alessa is referring to the fact that the credits call the nurses "Dark Nurses" However, no one ever categorizes nurses right anyway, so if you want it to be seen I suppose it would be best to keep it as Bubblehead.

Either way, awesome costume! DMG did a wonderful job with your makeup.
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #1285
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ Avianna: Haha, if you said it, I probably wasn't able to hear it! I was pretty much deaf and mute in that mask, because I couldn't hear what anyone said to me, and no one could hear what I said to them. But I do remember you, your Robbie costume was just so adorable! I loved the concept, especially the slippers and the severed arm. (And I'll have to go check out your vlog, definitely!)

Right, I liked the look of the nurse in the back more, mostly because you can see more of her than the one in the front. Though I did use the front nurse's face to get the main concept for the disfiguration on the mask, as that's more detailed in the reference. Really, none of the nurses look the same as far as their faces and hats, so I felt it was alright to be a bit liberal with the specifics.

And this is why I should probably sit through the credits in movies. But that will definitely be noted for future reference!

Thank you so, so much, it really means a lot! And gosh, I owe DMG so much, she was such a trooper because I know she wasn't feeling so well that night. But she did an amazing job nevertheless!

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Unread 11-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #1286
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Yo. Anybody have good pictures of the clawfingers from SH1? The only pics I can fins are microscopic. I'll be making an over sized one, and hopefully I will have it ready for Ohayocon.

Unread 11-23-2009, 02:26 AM   #1287
Avianna
Lights Out?

@Dag

http://circleofdestruction.net/silen...ictures008.jpg

All I could find thus far.
Unread 11-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #1288
Avianna
Lights Out?

Did this thread order a Original SH1 Dahlia costume?
Unread 11-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #1289
daguru
(SebastiAn Remix)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avianna View Post
YES! Thnx! This helps a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avianna View Post
Uh... no. I didn't order this with sausage. XD

Unread 12-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #1290