Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #1396
Heavens_Night
Little Lotte

Hello everyone!
I finished sewing my Heather vest. It came out great, but unfortunately it's too big so I'll have to modify it a bit. ;_;

I might put off Eileen until 2012 because of my budget.
Heavens_Night is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #1397
Alessa
Mother of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
Hello ^_^

Longtime lurker, first time poster here. I have been working on a Lisa Garland costume from 'Origins', and finally got the chance to upload some pics tonight:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/322632/

I was hoping to get some opinions on the wig I'm wearing..... I was thinking about replacing it for something that isn't quite so thick, and wouldn't cover my left eye as much as this one does. However, some friends have told me that they like the 'covered-eye' because it looks more mysterious.

So now I'm on the fence regarding what I should do. Should I keep this wig as is, or look into getting a replacement? If I do opt for a replacement, should I go for the "mysterious" look? I'd truly appreciate your feedback!
I personally think that maybe a new wig would look better, although this one isn't too bad, really. I definitely see the "mysterious" look to it, but if you rather go for accuracy, you might want to find one that looks less thick, or thin this one a little bit. I often see some affordable ones on ebay that look really good. And if you're quick enough, cosplay.com shopping still has the 10% off some of their wigs going on until tomorrow.
If you go more for the color of Lisa's hair in the artworks of the first game, this wig might be a great choice:
http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs/cosworx...illow-144.html
Or this one in medium blond:
http://shop.cosplay.com/wigs/new-look/d-boy-l.html

Actually the wig "bothers" me less than the dress though: as nice as your cleavage is, it is rather inappropriate for a 16 year old nurse trainee to have a dress that tight and revealing. You can tell right away that it is bought from an "adult costuming" site, or at least it looks like it. Looks about exactly like the one I used as base for my Bubblehead Nurse costume.
But if that's what you were going for, then wear it!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing you! Just trying to give constructive critique since you already worried about the accuracy of your wig.

And apparently I liked using "" in this post

A Silent Hill Cosplay Website

Last edited by Alessa : 08-21-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #1398
~H~
Original H

Alessa: Thanks for the C&C. I know what you mean regarding the clevage thing. Although her dress does look kind of revealing to me, it's not quite so "open" as mine is. After seeing the pics I decided to try wearing a different bra next time, hopefully it will help to tone it down *_*.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 02:02 PM   #1399
Lucifer

New to this thread, but an old lover of all things Silent Hill. Finally, after years I'll be working on a Bubblehead Nurse uniform (two, if I'm lucky). More based on the film since I liked the texture of their outfits...and their grosser.

Only purchased the mask so far, and done some testing on texturing the fabric. Progress photos in the coming weeks! If I survive, they should be done by AWA

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #1400
~H~
Original H

Lucifer: The mask looks amazing! I look forward to seeing more *_*.
Unread 08-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #1401
CreativeGuy

Finally started to continue building a Silent Hill 3 costume I started a while ago. Going for it this time Closer.
Unread 08-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #1402
CreativeGuy

Ahhh the Closer is turning out awesome so far. I'm so tempted to post progress photos but I'm forcing myself to hold off on posting any photos until the costume is completed. It's working out nicely though, got a lot of good height to the costume. Should look especially creepy when it's finished!
Unread 09-02-2010, 02:31 AM   #1403
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeGuy View Post
Ahhh the Closer is turning out awesome so far. I'm so tempted to post progress photos but I'm forcing myself to hold off on posting any photos until the costume is completed. It's working out nicely though, got a lot of good height to the costume. Should look especially creepy when it's finished!
No fair with the teasing!!! ^_-
Unread 09-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #1404
Zander
FEAR THE SCARECROW

Debuting this at AFest this weekend.

Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #1405
Avianna
Lights Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~H~ View Post
No fair with the teasing!!! ^_-
I AGREE!

On a costuming note of my own:
I still have Claudia half finished. Want to see what I can do about new lining fabric. However, I think I'll be doing Punk Rock Dahlia for Youmacon
Unread 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #1406
Alessa
Mother of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avianna View Post
I AGREE!

On a costuming note of my own:
I still have Claudia half finished. Want to see what I can do about new lining fabric. However, I think I'll be doing Punk Rock Dahlia for Youmacon
Punk Rock Dahlia FTW. You're gonna look SO amazing! :3

A Silent Hill Cosplay Website
Alessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #1407
CreativeGuy

Getting there with the costume. It just takes forever because I'm using a lot of expanding foam for this and I have to wait for it to dry most of the time before I can do anything else.

Pretty pleased with how its turning out so far though.

Last edited by CreativeGuy : 09-08-2010 at 08:14 AM.
CreativeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2010, 12:34 AM   #1408
Avianna
Lights Out?

Just cause I'm overly excited about it, I wanted to let you guys know that we have almost EVERY character in Shattered Memories planned for a group at Youmacon. Soltice_Wind as Harry, Leesers as Cheryl, Straywind as Lisa, Miri as Fur Collar Coat Cybil, Ammie as Red Dress Michelle and myself as Punk Dahlia! OMFG! SOOOO EXCITED!
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #1409
MagiFox
Spacey-Wacey

Hey there! N00b Silent Hill fan here. I watched the film a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVED it to bits (haven't played the games, unfortunately, but I shall at some point!), which lead to the idea of making a "Dark" Nurse costume for Halloween this year.

I did some research and studdied on the techniques on several Silent Hill Nurse cosplayers online and they used a 'sexy' nurse costume as the base for the outfit. Mainly a question to any Nurse cosplayer on the forums, but did you buy an 'adult' nurse costume and modified it or did you make most of design from scratch? Along with that, do you wear short-shorts or an appropriate, not revealing undergarnment underneath the skirt to avoid infamous 'panty' shots in photos?
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Randy Cunningham [Ninja Suit] (RC9GN)
Hades [Female] (Hercules (Disney))
Sixth Doctor [Female] (Doctor Who)

[~Upcoming Events~]
Otakuthon 2014 l Montreal Comic Con 2014
MagiFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #1410
Avianna
Lights Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiFox View Post
Hey there! N00b Silent Hill fan here. I watched the film a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVED it to bits (haven't played the games, unfortunately, but I shall at some point!), which lead to the idea of making a "Dark" Nurse costume for Halloween this year.

I did some research and studdied on the techniques on several Silent Hill Nurse cosplayers online and they used a 'sexy' nurse costume as the base for the outfit. Mainly a question to any Nurse cosplayer on the forums, but did you buy an 'adult' nurse costume and modified it or did you make most of design from scratch? Along with that, do you wear short-shorts or an appropriate, not revealing undergarnment underneath the skirt to avoid infamous 'panty' shots in photos?
For my nurse outfits in the past I've worn boycut shorts in beige. I liked that idea cause then they are skin colored just in case they show when I squat or something, but that they also cover me COMPLETELY.

Also, I made a tutorial of how I made my nurse costume on my website.
Here: http://aviannacosplay.wordpress.com/...l-nurse-dress/
I talked about making it on here: http://www.visitsilenthill.com/tutor...emonnurse.html
And there's a great reference and suggestions site for all Silent Hill cosplay Here: http://www.visitsilenthill.com/tutorials.html (Look at the bottom for the nurses)