Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 11-30-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

Crossplay?

Girl--> Guy
Guy--> Girl

I was kinda wondering because I'll be doing my first crossplay at Megacon, and I'm a bit nervous about it, even though I've seen it done all the time^_^

I'm going as Riku from Kingdom Hearts in the black bodysuit and I've muscled the whole thing out, so everything except my legs is very realistically guy-ish^_^ (Yes, I even padded 'down there' O.O What...? I had an extra pad left ^___^ )

So, what are your thoughts, experiences, reactions, etc. ? ^_^
PretearWink is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2002, 09:44 PM   #2
die-sama
xxxxx

hm i have never actually -cos-played
always end up cosplaying a male character and last time i checked i was female ^^

but i've never had any problems o,o, and not really any strange reactions since i think its pretty often that girls will cos/ guys..and guys vise versa
esp if your cosplaying a bishonen...in my opinion. most girls can pull off bishonen better than guys but of course....there are many guys who can pull them off as well ^_^ *heck they can even be bishojo!*

*laughs at "I even padded 'down there') Lol... i suggest socks ^^;;
Unread 11-30-2002, 11:10 PM   #3
psythe

I'm crossplaying Chloe, Pretearwink. It's my first crossplay as well. Megacon will be the second con I wear it to. I think it's fun, the added challenge to make it believable is great.

^^v
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 01:12 AM   #4
khamryn
SE Addict

I have yet to do a female cosplay. >.>;; Even though I am one...

::Pads down there as well and, upon Rosiel's suggestion, uses socks. Feels funny.:: But it does help. Hehe. u.u;

Are you strapping yourself down? (I've seen a lot of crossplayers that don't, it really helps if you do... and what's cool is a squished chest can look muscly with something over it. XD )

Crossplaying is my favourite pasttime.. but I've always liked confusing people as to what sex I am. ^_^ :ork, wanders off. ^_^::
Unread 12-01-2002, 02:35 AM   #5
Choice
fashion consultant

interesting........

i was so naive, i was making believe.
no i didn't believe
http://www.sidewinderband.com/choice/pockyeat.jpg
Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 01:35 PM   #6
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

I've never cosplayed a female character,just haven't had the motivation to do one.

Cross-play is really all I do ^^; and I like it that way.

as for wrapping/binding: argh! I can't wrap the flipping gauze right! help! ..It's either this or buy a stomache-wound binder thingy.

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 02:05 PM   #7
Sami
» star*stealing girl

I like crossplay. ^__^ I've always enjoyed roleplaying the male characters instead of the female, so why not cosplay them as well? It can get tough to choose one based on my body type (short, petite) but I usually just go with it and have fun. I've done about an equal amount of crossplay to my normal cosplays, and I've got at least 2 crossplays planned for this upcoming year..

I especially like crossplayers that leave you guessing their real gender! ^_-

sen - ti - ment - has - got - me - feelin'!
Sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 05:05 PM   #8
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

You're going to Megacon too, Psyth? Maybe we could meet up ^__^ And Chloe is from.....? ^_^;;;

Thank you, everyone^_^ By the way, does anyone have any..er..."binding tips"? ^_~;
Unread 12-01-2002, 05:10 PM   #9
psythe

Yepper. I will be there, Chloe is from a series called Noir. Sure, we can meet up, I think it's still gonna be at the Convention center, no? They switched it on us from the Expo Center to the Convention center last year....
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 05:16 PM   #10
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

Yeah, same convention center^_^ I've been hearing a lot about Noir....better go check it out ^_^ *scurries off to Kazaa and Google.com*
Unread 12-01-2002, 05:59 PM   #11
penultimate03
Pwnage.

I've crossplayed as Gackt and Gabe (from http://www.penny-arcade.com) Nothing really hard about it ^_^ except for the breasts part >_<

Crossplaying to me isn't different from other cosplaying. Sometimes it's more fun ^_^
penultimate03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 06:32 PM   #12
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

Regrettably (for the topic under discussioin), I have a very obviously "feminine" body (good hips, curvy waist). While I can strap myself down pretty flat, there isn't a lot I can do about my hips. There's a lot of crossplay I'd *like* to do, but I'm simply not built for it - usually I run into this problem in j-rock costumes, where not only are my sources male, but they're skinny little stick-boys. I've given up on making myself resemble the source and just try to do the best I can with what I have.

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2002, 09:02 PM   #13
Scoti
Lv. 99

I only Crossplay so I'm use to the odd staring match with confused con goers.it's intresting..My only problem is washrooms. So many times I've been corrected by people in the halls saying "yo the mens is that way man!" followed by "oh sorry I thought you were..nevermind"..

your pretty brave walking around with "padding" lol I could never do it with a straight face.
Unread 12-01-2002, 09:14 PM   #14
PretearWink
Check Q and A ^_^

I'M not the brave one ^_^ I once saw a Dante crossplayer who was 'stuffed', crotch-thrust her way across a stage in front of a thousand people....THAT'S brave XD
Unread 12-01-2002, 09:44 PM   #15
nekochan
PILE IT ON!! xD

lol.. that's so cool. i'd like to be that brave someday.. but i doubt it.. it's hard enough for me to GO on stage. but yeah i've been meaning to crossplay but so far.. not yet. i prefer it tho.. in my opinion, it's easier for girls to crossplay because a lot of girls wear guys clothes often anyway. however, it's not that common for a guy to wear a dress outside of crossplay.. ^^