Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Unread 07-01-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

FFX Yuna Skirt

I'm having problems getting the pleats on the skirt to stay pleated near the bottom. And also problems with getting them the right size as Yuna's. Are hers equal length inside and out? I just need a pretty basic construction idea since stuff I'm doing isn't working. Thank you in advance. I appreciate all help A LOT.
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
Flowery

Last edited by Flowery : 10-14-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Flowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 06:15 PM   #3
dizzylizzy
I sew things

STARCH!!! lol get some good starch and iron the pleats in. the pleats are equal size straight down and across. but yeah... starch is my friend.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #4
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

I did starch and iron. I just think there wasn't enough pleat inside for them to stay put I guess. I'm re-pleating sometime soon (it was waaaay too big anyway)
Unread 07-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #5
YunalescaSummon
Blurple!

when you pleat the yuna skirt, sew along the edges of the pleats about a half centimeter in and for about three inches down. (Do it on the inside please, it looks really bad if you sew on the outside --duh) It's kinda hard to explain, but works. I did it for my Yuna costume, and it stays in place beautifully. The extra stitching forces the pleats to stay folded, and if you IRON them majorly before you wear it, you should have no problem getting it to stay that way all day. Also, when you store your costume, make sure the skirt's on a hanger, that way gravity also forces the pleats in place.

"Conformity is for those with no imagination."
YunalescaSummon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2004, 03:04 PM   #6
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Well...the skirts made an all now. But thank you all for your help. It actually turned out decent. I'm just remaking it anyways though...
Unread 07-28-2004, 04:39 AM   #7
Becca_Yuna
Addicted to Cosplay

mines blue. but it does look purplish at times *not mine, yunas*
Becca_Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2004, 02:56 PM   #8
GoddesSilverRos
Angel Silver Rose

There is a fabric I got my hands on some of it. There is a few pic's were my skirt looks blue and others were it looks purple but I am scaping that for a new skirt.
GoddesSilverRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2004, 07:01 PM   #9
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

The skirt has always seemed like a deep blue to me. I think because of changing lighting it sometimes gives off a purple hue (blue is pretty close to purple). But from the character art in my cousins guide book (which is what I used for reference) the skirt is definitely dark blue.
Unread 07-31-2004, 07:36 PM   #10
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

If there's so much debate ovr it, I doubt it matters which you choose then.

It could also be somehting like Yuna's shoes, where it's not really constant.

What might be cool if fabric that changes color accoring to how the light hits it. That'd be so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyChan
The skirt has always seemed like a deep blue to me. I think because of changing lighting it sometimes gives off a purple hue (blue is pretty close to purple). But from the character art in my cousins guide book (which is what I used for reference) the skirt is definitely dark blue.
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2004, 10:30 PM   #11
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Well, sometimes people use like, really light purple and that kinda bugs me. It took me like 3 months to find the right color blue but I don't like the thickness of the fabric which is why I'm redoing it. I hope I can find something thinner in the right color. If it isn't weighed down enough I figure I can just add those weights they put in curtains in the hem.

I always thought her shoes were flat heeled knee high boots. They never seemed like anything else to me. But flat boots without laces are impossible to find unless you want to buy a 100 dollar pair of riding boots.

I saw this purple fabric that kinda had red sprinkled throughout it depending on what light it was in. Only problem was it was shiny and well...Yuna's outfit isn't shiny (with the exception of the obi).
Unread 08-01-2004, 12:28 AM   #12
Anna
Still Alive

It's actually navy blue but that's close enough I geuss. Oh here's something that might be usefull.
http://www.driftingheart.net/yuna/media/cosplay.html
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2004, 12:48 AM   #13
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

First I drew on the design using white fabric pencil(there should be approximately 6-8 pleats going across the front depending on your reference...I had 7). Draw the design on first because you will make mistakes and need to redo it. Start at the bottom so it all fits too. The vine pattern goes in and out of the pleats so you need to paint both. (I'm pretty sure the design that's on the top of a pleat is repeated underneathe it.) It's a continuous vine pattern so there shouldn't be any breaks.

I painted on the vines first, letting the top dry and then painting the inner pleats later. I had to use two coats of paint to get it non see through and an even color. I then painted the stars in. I needed three coats for these since it's such a pale pink. Don't forget the yellow dot in the center.

It probably took me 10 or more hours to paint the entire skirt (although I'm remaking it since I'm not entirely happy with the accuracy). Which is nothing since my obi took me close to 20.
Unread 08-03-2004, 01:02 AM   #14
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Aww thank you ^^ ::glomp::

Well, the obi is staying the way it is for a little longer. At least until the small details that aren't accurate bug me to death.

Oh, buy quadruple your waist length for the skirt. I only bought double and ended up with a weird double pleat to hide the seam line. There's a pleat inside a pleat. Main reason I'm remaking the skirt.
Unread 08-03-2004, 02:21 AM   #15
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

I looked around for a skirt everywhere. I felt much better about making it myself though for some reason. You feel all accomplished when you're done.