Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-02-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Nancyboynoire
Glomp.

Funny Crossplay Stories!

Alright folks I'm feeling a little bit down... my fishy died... I know you're probably all laughing I know it was just one fish but gosh-darnit! he was the prettiest fishy I ever had, his name was Beauty, and now he's gone -__-;;

So, entertain me with some of your funny crossplaying Stories, anyone get hit on while being mistaken as a member of the opposite sex? had any funny comments chucked your way? I'll start I suppose !

Erm, just last Month at Anime North I was Cosplaying as WallMarket Cloud and I made a few friends at the con, David ( the crazy chinese pro-communist who brought a liftime supply of Ramen and Bread to for the week-end) A Tseng Cosplayer, and Jenny (cutest little muffin *huggles her*) and well we're all going out to dinner that night and I'm like " hold up ! I need to go the bathroom!" because I hate eating with Bindings on. I run into the bathroom, take off the tensor bands and tape very slowly. I come out a few minutes later and David and Mr.Tseng just stared at my chest and they're like " WHOA!!! HELLO where did THOSE come from!? " and well during supper all they would do is keep asking me where I " put them" when I crossplay...

*sighs* Boys will be boys...
Nancyboynoire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #2
Isaboo
(Insert random quote)

I remember a long while ago, me and my boyfriend went as Eriol (sp) and Li from CCS. We were clinging to eachother when a group of 10-14 year old girls ran at us and started commenting on how cute a couple we look, how Li is suppost to like Julian and whatever. So then a few of them decided to take pictures, and this one girl asked for a pic of us kissing. >_> All the other girls were like "Yeaa!" so we did, and after we freaked them out, one of them said "Two guys kissing, never would have thought." So I turned to look at her and I look off my hat, letting my hair down, and said "Who said I was a guy?" XD. Best day ever.
Unread 07-02-2004, 06:36 PM   #3
evenstar1
heart of darkness

i went as inuyasha to animazement 2004. on friday i was with a group of 3 inu's and it got really hot. before this one of the inu's left for a little bit. i took off my wig revealing my really long dark brown hair and took off my kimono......( i had a spigetti strap top on). when she came back, she stopped right in front of me and asked the other inu where i had gone. i told her i was right beside her. i think i scared her because she almost fell over. she said she had thought i was a guy the whole day. after that i had a kikyo who followed me around for awhile, that is until she found out i was a girl. i think she had a crush on me or something. also after that there was another kikyo who is a good friend of mine. she and i were walking around and a guy asked for our photo, so we did a pose. he then said that he wanted the pose when kikyo tries to take inuyasha to hell with her. they are kissing in that scene and i was like.... uh, how about just a hug, so we did.
evenstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
YaoiTenshi

Oh gosh..well hmm lets see which story to say.
well at Ushicon 2004 (this was my first convention)
It was Sunday and I was walking around as Quatre Winner from GW
I kinda thought no one would reconize me so I just began walking around when all of a sudden there I heard someone yell out Quatre.
I turned around and there was this guy running towards me with his arms open. Though it was my first comvention I knew what was coming so I dropped my bag, and opened my arms and waited. OMG...Did that guy Tackle glomp me! We both fell onto the floor then he picked me up and hugged me tightly and lift me in the air! Now, thats what I think I can call a Tackle glomp! The guy said he wished he was Trowa X3 I just patted his head and laughed.
But yeah, oh yes at A-kon I got glomped by Scott McNeil! X3 Ohhhh that was so cool!
YaoiTenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2004, 01:03 AM   #5
xiaolong

Well, I was dressed as Isabella (Paradise Kiss) at AX, and it was a long day, so I was getting cranky. Our group went to Denny's at about 10 pm. The waiter walked around and asked everyone what they'd like to drink. And I said in my regular, masculine, cranky voice: "Just water."

I couldn't see him because of my hat, but I understand that he freaked out completely. I decided to let my friends speak for me when I ordered my food... ^^

Oh, and then the next day I was dressed in an EGL-inspired outfit, and my girlfriend and I were walking around. These two nerdy guys held signs up to us that said something like "EGL's please give me a hug," and after I hestiated, I figured it wouldn't hurt, and I knew my fake boobs were realistic enough. Little did he know he was hugging a male anime nerd just like himself... ^^
Unread 07-07-2004, 03:02 AM   #6
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

Okay, three short stories:
1. My friend and her friend were Dark Magician and Celtic Guardain for a halloween contest at school. They stopped at Coldstone for Ice Cream at the mall and there was a kiddie area. One kid turns to them and yells "DUEL MOSNTER!" all the other kids turn and yell "CELTIC GUARDAIN!" and they all ran over and glomped them (whil CEltic guardian's covered in Ice cream. I don't think they ever realized the two people were girls.

2. Same halloween, same friends. I scared kids, I got my ass grabbed, I poked someone in the but witha gun. I made one of my firend's dreams come true by spoofing evil dead in the costume tho.

3. Different friend same halloween. She was dressed as Akeifa. She had this coat on, and nothing underneath. She had it glued over her breasts just right that some guy was talking about how girly the other Yugioh costumes were and says 'Now that's a guy's costume.' This was the second time it happened, because at yaoicon, when she was collecting her bags from the hotel, they addressed he as 'sir.'
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #7
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyboynoire
(snip) and well during supper all they would do is keep asking me where I " put them" when I crossplay...

One of the more common questions I get from people (well, women primarily) not used to seeing someone like me is where do I "put it" since there's no lump in my skirt/pants... I think it's just a curiousity thing. I too would probably needle someone a bit though if she went from flat to very rounded in so short a time ... "what's your secret, I want to be able to do that" .. lol -

One of the funnier things I can think of was Halloween a while back when I was working in a donut shop, on the overnight shift. I dressed up as a sort of cutesey witch with a short black dress, fishnets and a cheap hat. Mostly because all I had to buy was the hat. A woman comes in and walks up to the counter and I gave her the usual 'can I help you' ... and she about falls over, stammering something like 'oh! I thought you were really a ....' and she couldn't finish. My voice is deep, so if nothing else that will give me away, cause you can't whisper to people when you're working like that. I go from that to a 'The Beach Boys' falsetto, so I don't see much point in even trying to talk like a girl.

For some reason we got tips in there, and I did about 3 or 4 times what I normally got that night... surprised a lot of people.

That happened once in the club I go to, too. I stuck my head in the mirror to check my face and all and said 'excuse me' and surprised a girl already using it. I don't know why, you really have to not be paying much attention to not be able to spot something that gives me away... but it's funny when it happens.

Edit: In getting a new computer and moving stuff from the old to the new I found a photo of the night from the mirror story. That girl had to be off in dreamland, it was a long time ago and let's just say my makeup skills have improved considerably. The last couple times I went to the mall done up, I passed fairly well. Was funny watching this one teenage girl with her family stare at me as i talked to the girl I'd gone with, the one halloween. This year, I was in a store where a lot of them had dressed up and some guy starts asking me about some book on a table like I worked there. Funny stuff.

Last edited by animeBecky21 : 12-25-2006 at 03:19 PM. Reason: adding some things and no sense making a new post.
animeBecky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2004, 09:56 PM   #8
xiaolong

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeBecky21
One of the more common questions I get from people (well, women primarily) not used to seeing someone like me is where do I "put it" since there's no lump in my skirt/pants... I think it's just a curiousity thing. I too would probably needle someone a bit though if she went from flat to very rounded in so short a time ... "what's your secret, I want to be able to do that" .. lol -
A guy asked me if I felt a breeze while wearing a skirt. I honestly don't feel a breeze because of all the stuff I wear to shape my body. But, I decided not to divulge too many details about what exactly goes on under a crossplayer's skirt hehe... Didn't want to freak him out..

And then I hugged a girl once, and she said, "Oops, I don't want to get in the way of your boobs!" And I said, "Oh, it's okay, they're fake. Poke!" And she started poking my breastforms and giggling.

When you really think about it, the process of changing one's body is pretty interesting!
Unread 07-07-2004, 11:12 PM   #9
Nancyboynoire
Glomp.

LOL those are all great stories folks. I'm holding a crossplay panel next week, wish me luck, I'm a little nervous. lol
Nancyboynoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 04:18 PM   #10
Sparki
Here's your sign...

At AX I had to strip down out of Watari because I was keeling over from the 5-ish layers I was wearing, so me and my group went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner - I was just wearing a duct tape "corset" because I didn't want to take off the bindings without a bra nearby, but I was quite obviously female. Then the waiter comes up and starts blatantly hitting on me, despite the fact that my boobs are bound down nearly flat. He commented on the duct tape, and I was like "Yeah, I was dressed as a guy earlier." and he was all "...I won't ask."
Eventually I was convinced to remove the corset and just wear a shirt without a bra for the time being, so Sexy Leopard and I went into the restroom and she cut it off. When I came out, everyone at the table and a couple waiters were like "O.o DAMN!"

Xialong - I saw you guys! You looked soooo cute! ^.^
AnimeBecky - That's just hilarious, heheheh
Sparki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 04:56 PM   #11
vyrax778
Resident Gun Guy.

at Anime Expo 04 I was in EGL and carrying around my Felix the Cat and this girl goes "oh my god shes got a felix the cat can I take a picture with you" me:"um sure" her: "Oh my god I thought you were a girl"

me: I think we just made each others day.
vyrax778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:10 PM   #12
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Not truly a "crossplay" story, so to speak, but some amusing friends about a long haired friend of mine who often gets mistaken as a girl...

One time, he was hanging out in my dorm room playing "counterstrike" on my computer because his wasn't working. The door was open and two guys walked by. One of them commented "Whoa, dude, she's playing Counterstrike!" They started trying to talk to him, and finally one of them said "I don't think she wants to talk to us." (That was about three years ago)

The other time was when he and his girlfriend got asked if they were lesbians. *sweat drop*
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:43 PM   #13
Sephiroth-chan
Miniature Sephiroth Clone

I love crossplay stories! My favourite was at o-chibi con when i was dressed up in my Sephiroth costume. You see....I've practiced and perfected the art of chest bonding to a point where I can wear open shirts and jackets and baffle people. So...the bare chest and straps of the silver haired god was fun...an relievingly breezy in the heat.

This boy comes up to me and looks a little nervous. I simply smiled and said "Let me guess. Three questions. 1.Am I a guy or girl. 2. Is this prosthetic, and 3. Could you touch it." Taken aback, the lad just gave a nervous yes.

So...I let him touch my chest...and he went.. "You're a DUDE?!"

I had him going until Kyandi ruined my fun and told him I was a girl. Nuts. And I was about to ask him out on a date.lol.
Unread 07-10-2004, 07:32 PM   #14
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyboynoire
LOL those are all great stories folks. I'm holding a crossplay panel next week, wish me luck, I'm a little nervous. lol
Don't sweat about it. We'll cover each other's bums and laugh at each other's jokes so it should be fine.

Besides..... nobody knows me in Durham, so you can blame everything on me .
Unread 07-11-2004, 04:33 AM   #15
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLegato

The other time was when he and his girlfriend got asked if they were lesbians. *sweat drop*
Thats when you do what a couple of straight girls I know do to the guys - offer to kiss for $20 or $50 for whichever guys want to watch. They usually get 'em to pay $10 or $20 EACH to watch. Just have the girlfriend do all the talking...lol.. I'd think getting paid to make out is like stealing!
animeBecky21 is offline   Reply With Quote