Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 07-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Ellehina

Inuyasha Character quesiton

Ok I've been wanting a reason to make a cool Japanese costume for a while a more traditional costume not necessarily a cosplay costume but of course I really don't have an excuse except cosplay so when I started watching Inuyasha(I'm not a huge fan but I do watch from time to time) I thought I'd be sure to find a character in there. I was doing some searches online and found this image http://inuyasha.arabuusimiehet.com/ss.php?imgid=1709 . I want to know who the character in the purple kimono with the "fish fin" head dress on the right hand side is and if anyone's seen anyone do this costume before. Also how hard do you think it would be to do and what do you think would be necessary?
Thanks

Current projects - Faye Valentine from Cowboy Beebop
Ice Fiary - original
Future projects - Faye's Swimsuit
Cheza from Wolf's Rain
Gunner Paine from FFX2
Songstress Yuna from FFX2
Lots more Faye and Lots more Paine
Ellehina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #2
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

If I guess correctly from the way it's labelled, I think her name is Kaguya. I haven't seen it done before, but then, I don't pay that much attention (and I wouldn't have recognized it anyway).

I don't think it would be that hard, but it would be a very hot costume. You have multiple layers of kimono, which are fairly easy to put together, but when together, very hot. It seems she's wearing a jacket on top, but I can't be sure. No idea how the obi is tied, since it's blocked by the purple jacket/outerwear. It reminds me a little of Heian period wear, but she doesn't have as many kimono. Might be worth looking into, though, just to see what it looks like and if it's similar. A handy thing to have is a fake kimono collar. They sell them for about $30 online, and it helps to get the kimono sitting nicely. It's a modern thing, and not completely necessarily. Also, to get the right effect, read up on how to wear kimono, so that you know how to put them on. And choose an obi bow to tie them shut, since none are shown in the images (but perhaps it is in the movie).

There's tonnes of good pages listed all over this forum for kimono webpages.

Have fun!

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2004, 08:15 PM   #3
Sakumo-kun
Seme'd.

*blinks* That's Kaguya; a bishoujo baddie from Inuyasha(Movie two, I believe...). She was a demon who ate a 'celestial maiden' and became immortal and beautiful. She convinces Kagura and Kanna to steal/retrieve a substace representing each of the five elements for her. The shows heroic little faction runs off to stop her dead in her evil, caniballistic tracks and, as usual, end up getting in a heap of trouble which ends up with Kagome being put in seemingly imminent mortal danger. With Inuyasha bounding off after her to save her. She then steals Kanna's mirror and nearly manages to trap Inuyasha's human soul within it, causing him to become a true youkai and basically going insane, since he can't handle being a full demon. Of course, Kagome, being the heroine of the series and thus able to bend fate to her will, saves Inuyasha.... by kissing him. -__-' Then, of course, our beautiful evil woman Kaguya ends up being defeated and generally getting her comeuppance for all of her dastardly deeds.

As for the costume... it's based on the high-society style of kimono adopted by well-off women of the tenth century CE, I believe.
Unread 07-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Ah. I saw the end of that one! But she wasn't wearing this outfit...it was much cooler. Armor, kinda serpenty, red.... Different hair style, I think, but still black. That one looked great. I don't see any images of her in it, but I suppose that would give it away.

But anyway.... I'm off topic now.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #5
touma
Archer of the Heavens

I loved that movie. I was planning on cosplaying her, but I never got the chance to yet. Here is what her other outfit looks like if anyone wants to know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inuyasha08b.jpg (87.1 KB, 0 views)
Naruto: Because you called me a loser
touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

Kaguya wears 2 different outfits in the 2nd InuYasha movie (Castle beyond the Looking Glass). The first is the more traditional purple kimono and is the one seen in most of the promotional ads. The second outfit is more a battle type outfit, after a quick transformation she goes to her castle. Initially, the battle outfit has a cape, but that comes off soon after. I was also planning on doing the battle outfit but was unable to get the fabric I wanted. Maybe later.
Here are a couple screencaps:
Kaguya Kimono
Kaguya Battle Outfit
My Cosplay Website: www.gamergirlx.com
My Cosplay Facebook Page:
Just For Fun: Click here to help me grow my city
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2004, 06:57 PM   #7
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

WOAH WOAH WOAH DID U JUST THROW A HUGE SPOILER LIEK THAT OUT!? oy....i know ive seen the movie, but u shoudl at leats warn people about spoilers.....*sigh*
Valerie, Ace of Pilot Fish (Pandect) 40%
HisuiKirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2004, 08:10 PM   #8
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Seriously, she wanted to know who the character is, not the plot of the movie,she could have looked that up herself....ah well, I 'm sure I'll forget what I read by the time I actually see the movie. ^_^ Eleryth, do you know where online you can buy those Eri Sugata (faux kimono) collars? Everywhere I saw wanted at least $60... Oh! Slightly off topic but to anyone who needs a juban (plain white under kimono like Sesshy, Inuyasha, and Shippo wear, I found a site where they're only $26, but with shipping it's more like $45. They are easy to make but if you have multiple costumes that need one and need to wash it frequently, these are more durable and breathe well.

http://www.taketoshi.com/html/juban2.html
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2004, 09:02 AM   #9
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!

looks to me like the kimono one would be the easier one, but yah thats kaguya from inuyasha the movie2 : tower beyond the looking glass. GREAT movie !
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #10
InuPhoenix

kaguya whoa! i havent seen her done but ive seen AND OWN THE MOVIE!!!! love it to bits!!! ::sigh:: for the action and the ::cough cough:: fluff hee hee if youve seen it you know what i mean ^_~* for kaguya i sugeest you find a kimono pattern and fake the second collar, much easier than making two kimono.
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote