Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-09-2002, 05:25 PM   #1
Blade

Question Cosplay Groups -Random-ness!

-How many people exactly are there here in Cosplay groups (and what is the name of YOUR cosplay groupie)?
-And how many don't have any?
-Those of you alone ~ Why are you going solo? And can I join in on cosplaying some costumes with you!? *ish despret*

Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2002, 05:48 PM   #2
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

*raises hand* As previously mentioned, I'm solo! ^^ Why? Mainly 'cause the closest cosplayers I know live 45 minutes away and are pretty much completely uninterested in the costumes I would want them to do anyway. *sob*
Hey, I'm always looking for someone willing to go along with my sometimes odd cosplay ideas! Muahaha! I have a taste for characters/series that are on the unappreciated/obscure side, which makes me less popular, I guess, but more original. XD
Philia Philis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #3
Blade

Wai! ^___^ Coolies. What kinds of series did you have in mind?
Unread 05-09-2002, 06:11 PM   #4
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Wellll, let's seeee..... *think think* You'll notice that most of these are RPG characters, which are pretty much all I like doing. XD Anywho....

SUIKODEN! XD

Yes, it seems there are hordes of people doing Suikoden 2, but there are veeery few Suikoden 1 cosplayers. (Not counting all the McDohls.) There are very good reasons for this, of course, such as the character design and art being far better in Suikoden 2. XD But still! Most Suikoden 1 outfits are pretty simplistic.... you'd think I'd have more luck at convincing people to do them. ^^;;; *shrug*

Also, Tales of Destiny (or any Tales game for that matter), Thousand Arms, *thinks some more*....

Ooh, Arslan would be awesome, as Rosiel and I are currently plotting to do those sometime. ^^

Don't worry, I'll think of more. Oh, yes. I will. XD
Unread 05-09-2002, 06:24 PM   #5
Blade

oOo! Do you have any links with some good pictures of the characters or something? I'm willing to make just about ANY costume from just about any series. I just need some other people to let me string along with them. If you have any ideas for a character you think I could cosplay just tell me and I'll check it out! ^_~ It's all good!
Unread 05-09-2002, 06:58 PM   #6
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

*___* SERIOUSLY?

Ohohohohoho~
Oh boy, do I have some ideas for you then. *cackles evilly*

It would be good to see a piccy of you and let me know your height and stuff is so I can find ya a good chara. ^^ And are you okay with wearing wigs? And strange things? 'Cause the one Suikoden chara I REALLY want to find is....
MILICH! MILICH! MILICH!
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/lis...enheimer01.gif
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/lis...enheimer05.gif
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/lis...enheimer02.gif

I actually know a couple of people who are considering doing the costume, but it's unlikely either of them will. ;_; It'd be hilarious if all three of you ended up doing it and there were triplet Milichs walking around. Oh my goodness, that would be sooo scary!

But, if you don't like Milich, just take a look around here: http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/
The Suikoden 1 ones are REALLY easy to tell from the Suikoden 2 ones because the styles are way different. Of course, Suikoden costumes from ANY of the games are good. ^__^

Here are Tales of Destiny pictures: http://www.anime-underground.com/anime/tod.html
The costume I have is the girl with the white dress and green hair. I would sooo love to find a Woodrow, but everyone seems to be very much daunted by the armor. ;_;

I'll find some more galleries with interesting characters you could do. *nodnod* ^^ I think the Suikoden/ToD ones will keep you occupied for a bit though. Hehe...
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:01 PM   #7
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Rosiel:
Yeah, I'm trying to get groups together for all of my characters. Most of the time, I just walked around alone, but I got to be in a Thousand Arms group with Mappy and Maryssa last year, and it was sooooo much better than being by myself. ^^

OOH, that reminds me. Blade, think you might be interested in doing a T.M.Revolution costume? ^___^
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:08 PM   #8
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...

Quote:
Hey, I'm always looking for someone willing to go along with my sometimes odd cosplay ideas! Muahaha! I have a taste for characters/series that are on the unappreciated/obscure side, which makes me less popular, I guess, but more original. XD
Someday you will manage to conscript me to cosplay with you, Erin ^^;;
Like, when I have time to create it and then go to ___-con so that we can actually, yanno, BE a group ;P

Alas, for I too merely glomm onto whatever group of people happens to be convenient ^_^;
Unread 05-09-2002, 07:30 PM   #9
Blade

*speechless at the long list of characters on this site*
^-^;;; Oh well. *looks through ALL of them*

*time passes*......*more time passes*......

d00d! I found one one I can SO pull off! http://www.suikosource.com/chars/lis...66/eilie01.gif Whoa, this is scary I just bought new black bike shorts. I can just alter them slightly and... wal-la! ^_^ I can do this.

Anyways, you wanted to know my height? I'm 5'7" to 5'8" depending on which pair of boots I wear. ^_^

> Philia Philis: And are you okay with wearing wigs? And strange things?

Yup! I am ready to wear just about anything! Even costumes of guys... not buff guys because I'm slinder *shows picture of Rei in Plug suit* like that.

> Rosiel: Never say things like that around me. LOL
I am a lone cosplayer who is always scrounging up groups of people into makeshift "cosplay groups" for cons.

Uh... oh? ^_^; But like I said before: "I'm willing to make just about ANY costume from just about any series." And that is no lie. ^-^;
Like I said before!

> Philia Philis: Blade, think you might be interested in doing a T.M.Revolution costume?

Sure! Send me a linkie and I'll see what I can do! ^-^

---{@ Lady Blade *still wondering what she's gotten herself into*
Unread 05-09-2002, 08:15 PM   #10
Philia Philis
I <3 Peppermint Patties!

Ooooh, tall! I should find some bishounen costumes for you, then! ^___^

How about Shuuuuuuuuu? Heeeeeeeee....
http://www.suikosource.com/chars/list/img/293/shu01.gif

But Eilie would be very cool, too! ^^ Yay Suikoden!
I'm actually pretty surprised I've never seen anyone do Rina or Eilie before (except Japanese cosplayers).

I'll find a good TMR for you to do. ^__^ If I can find a picture of it online.... *starts looking*
Unread 05-10-2002, 01:06 PM   #11
Blade

Oh goddess, I have SO many costumes I'm working on right now. I don't think any of these should be a problem for me to piece together since I'm going to be finishing up the four other costumes I've been working on, this weekend. So, that means I can start these ones up right away! Keep the ideas a flowin'.

---{@ Lady Blade
Unread 05-12-2002, 07:08 PM   #12
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

well.. we haven't thought of a name.. but my friend Kitty and I are gonna do cosplay duo stuff... O.o
Unread 05-12-2002, 10:38 PM   #13
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Mm Uka and I are part of Yuuki (Courage) Cosplay aside from our own little cosplay duos (i.e. Usyagi duo XD).
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2002, 06:02 AM   #14
Adella
MalonxLink 4 EVAR11

Yep Iknow. I added your site and the Yuuki site to our links database this morning. Glad to have you on board Babbit-chan! Didn't even know you'd heard of this place
Unread 05-13-2002, 09:43 AM   #15
Babbit_Chan
Sarcasmic

Whee people know we exist *-* I forget where I picked up the link - maybe M:C?? I dunno...
Babbit_Chan is offline   Reply With Quote