Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #1
Anna
Still Alive

Ghaleon from Lunars SSS's skin

Okay I have a friend who plan's on crossplaying as ghaleon. And she's wondering how to make her skin really pale like his. Because she's been working on a tan for her Rikku costume but she also wants to pale for ghaleon(P.S she asked me to post this because she got grounded from the computer yesterday but she REALLY wants to know)oh and I attached an image of him if you don't know what he looks like.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-10-2004, 02:19 AM   #2
Wakusei
Kaizoku no Oujisama

Any serious gamer knows that sly grin of the gloating Ghaleon...
Going as the fully armored Magic Emperor Ghaleon would throw out all difficulties, but since you asked I will share my secret, Powder.

Either powder or a thin layer of a skin friendly air brush paint would be how I would do it. The bad thing is that probably won't do as good of a job given that your friend has been trying to achieve a tan.

My biggest suggestion goes out to your friend...
If you want a tan just for an outfit and you know you don't for another then use a tanning creme or spray.
Wakusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 10:31 AM   #3
dizzylizzy
I sew things

mmmmm.... ghaleon. fyi- let your friend know that there is a lunar photo shoot at otakon. friday, 4pm at the inside fountains, charles street entrance. ^^

as for the pale skin, i agree with the poster above. also, check out ben nye make up. they may have something along the lines you're looking for and are a good company.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #4
JunJun
Plaid Cat

:x I've wanted to do a Jean costume from Lunar SSS for so long. I dig the skirt thing, and the sweet green hair.

Juno-chan dot net

"Thank you! When I rule the world, your death shall be quick and painless!" - Stuey, Family Guy
JunJun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 10:44 AM   #5
Anna
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzylizzy
mmmmm.... ghaleon. fyi- let your friend know that there is a lunar photo shoot at otakon. friday, 4pm at the inside fountains, charles street entrance. ^^

as for the pale skin, i agree with the poster above. also, check out ben nye make up. they may have something along the lines you're looking for and are a good company.
Sadly we aren't going to otakon (we only get to go to cons in Dallas I mean comon are parents won't even take us to oni-con!) . But thanks for the offer. Now I need to track down this makeup.thank you
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #6
Seraphims
You don't Nyo me

easy easy easy, Buy a pancake makeup (like revlon, ect) in a light color and apply to you ENTIRE face and neck and then powder with a light colored powder (NOT transparent if you can find it) you'll look like your wearing makeup, but it'll work, just ask your mom to help you blend it and you can make it look natural.there is also this stuff... trying to think of the brand name, they sell it at Walmart it's a silver can and it's "Fast and Flawless" airbrush in a can basically, they have the "No color" type maybe they have the light color. I use to stuff on my arms and legs for photoshoots and it makes you look perfect.

Important part of being pale, still use a little brownish or dusty pink blush, otherwiss you look sickly
Seraphims is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2004, 12:06 AM   #7
kaliko_rosa
Kaliko Rosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphims
they sell it at Walmart it's a silver can and it's "Fast and Flawless" airbrush in a can basically, they have the "No color" type maybe they have the light color. I use to stuff on my arms and legs for photoshoots and it makes you look perfect.
My question is, would this makeup be something effective for wearing all day? I think I'm more interested in the spray on stuff, because regular makeup doesn't work for me very well. See, the thing about having tan skin and needing pale skin is that a lot of tanned people (including myself >_<;; ) have oily complexions, so makeup stays on for a max of like 4 hours. My foundation usually disappears after a school day. Not to mention that a lot of foundation also tends to smear on things.. and I can't risk that for my cosplays. I was wondering if the spray on would avoid those problems better?