Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-26-2004, 03:25 PM   #16
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharasun
spray paint and styrofoam don't play well together. the spray paint will deteriorate the styrofoam ball until it's just a mishapen lump.
yes.... sadly i learned this the hard way..... well raven is my all time fav teen titans character and im gonna cosplay as her one day. they do sell styrophome rings that would easily fir over a half circle. im probably going to make mine ouf od clay or something but it's great to find other ravens! truth be told im more loyal to yuna but if i ever have to go to a comic convention i know im going as raven. -Aseret Yuna

Unread 08-26-2004, 05:08 PM   #17
pyrosam
APPLE JUICE NOTHING MORE!

yay for teen titan people, I'm personally not going as a teen titan but its a cool anime-ish show!, I'd say go to goodwill and ask if they have old hippy belts, cuz I know they used to have loops *my mother has one ¬__¬* it should be easy to find if not their should be a way to get one fromt target like *forget who* said. I dont know about anything else you'd have to make the cloak and other things... nice to know I'm not the only anime fan that likes teen titans
Unread 08-26-2004, 09:23 PM   #18
sharasun
Desert Chikin

I just finished my Raven belt a couple days ago, after I get my digital camera working again, I'll take a couple pictures and post them along with how I did the belt.
Unread 08-28-2004, 02:46 AM   #19
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

very nice, all good idea considering im going to target wed. Im glad people posted, and finally kinda a touch off topic but in the same field, how you do the things that are ontop of raven's hand, ive looked over them and thought of several ways but I would like other peoples input also, I was thinking of maybe like cutting a glove or somthing, I'm not sure, again any suggestions are welcome
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #20
sharasun
Desert Chikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami
very nice, all good idea considering im going to target wed. Im glad people posted, and finally kinda a touch off topic but in the same field, how you do the things that are ontop of raven's hand, ive looked over them and thought of several ways but I would like other peoples input also, I was thinking of maybe like cutting a glove or somthing, I'm not sure, again any suggestions are welcome
You mean the black parts? Because the jewel parts are just like the belt so i just made those peices the same. The black parts though, when I bought my leotard I made sure the sleeves were a bit longer than my actual arms, and then at the hem at the end of the sleeves, i put in a small hole and slipped my finger through it, because to me, it looked like it was just her leotard sleeves.
Unread 08-28-2004, 12:48 PM   #21
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

hmmm i see.... excellent idea thanks sharasun.... I will try and hunt down a bigger leotard.... cause the one I have now is exactly arms length found it at thirft so if I find a bigger one its not that much of a crisis

Last edited by Ami : 08-28-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 08-28-2004, 01:17 PM   #22
sharasun
Desert Chikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami
hmmm i see.... excellent idea thanks sharasun.... I will try and hunt down a bigger leotard.... cause the one I have now is exactly arms length found it at thirft so if I find a bigger one its not that much of a crisis
I notice by your sig and an earlier post you go to Sakura Con. Any chance you might be heading to Kumori Con next weekend? I know a lot of Sakura people are going. If you're gonna be there, you'll probably see me there as Raven and we can talk about the costume if you want, I know I'm wearing Raven a day, I'll only be there Sat and Sun though, I have a painfully early flight home Monday morning (6.15am)
Unread 08-28-2004, 03:27 PM   #23
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKnight
And FFGirl13, learn to type, you sound like a total n00b. Newbies are okay, but please learn to type.
It may have come off mean, but I agree. Netspeak makes me want to cry, English is a screwed-up enough language as is (Don't get me started on that one, though)! One day it will die, though ... I swear it! Netspeak, I mean.
[harle]quin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #24
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

Quote:
I notice by your sig and an earlier post you go to Sakura Con. Any chance you might be heading to Kumori Con next weekend? I know a lot of Sakura people are going. If you're gonna be there, you'll probably see me there as Raven and we can talk about the costume if you want, I know I'm wearing Raven a day, I'll only be there Sat and Sun though, I have a painfully early flight home Monday morning (6.15am)
hmm.... lets see... im not sure ive been thinking about it the only problem is that I have to get aroudn parents and that might be a problem... i'll see what I can do..... thanks for the offer hopfully I can take you up on it
Unread 08-29-2004, 06:46 AM   #25
sharasun
Desert Chikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami
hmm.... lets see... im not sure ive been thinking about it the only problem is that I have to get aroudn parents and that might be a problem... i'll see what I can do..... thanks for the offer hopfully I can take you up on it
Yep! If you see me and want to/can talk, just be like "Hey! I'm Ami from the cosplay boards!" or something and I'll be all "Oh!! Yes, the Raven one!!" or something
Unread 08-29-2004, 02:26 PM   #26
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

lol very nice one last thing im wondering about and Im sure someone here has the answer.... ravens shoes... Im thinking of black tenni's covered with purple felt any other ideas?
Unread 08-29-2004, 02:45 PM   #27
thebebop
confused fanatic

i havent seen the show, but from the pictures ive seen of raven, i would go with felt over the shoes, just make it the same colour as your cloak and your good to go

are you going to put the little blue band things on your wrists? jw
thebebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2004, 02:54 PM   #28
sharasun
Desert Chikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami
lol very nice one last thing im wondering about and Im sure someone here has the answer.... ravens shoes... Im thinking of black tenni's covered with purple felt any other ideas?
I think any kind of shoes would work as long as you're confortable with them, I don't like tennis shoes at all so I tend to make my costumes shoes from sandal bases, unless its just obviously that tennis shoes are better, such as Android 17 from dragon ball z. I cosplayed him this spring and he's shoes are exactly like Chuck Taylor All Star Converse high tops. So I just bought those and wore them with the costume.

For Raven, I used the same fabric as the clock (In my case, that was a sort of velvet material) and make bher boots over a sandal base, which was hard because her boots have no laces or seams in the pictures, so I had to figure out a place to put a seam that wouldn't look too bad or be too noticeable. I ended up putting it up the back of my ankle.

This coming Labor day weekend, I'm wearing Raven to a con so I should get some decent pics of it and I'll let you all known.

I did a slight variation with my Raven, instead of using blue for her cape boots and wrist things, I used a purple velvet material for the cape and boots, and a purple satin material for the wrist things. And on her belt, cloak clasp, and hand things, instead of making the red gems, I made them purple as well. I really like the way it came out.
Unread 08-29-2004, 10:20 PM   #29
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

thanks definitly sound advice I look foward to your pics when you get them up, unfortuily I won't be able to make Kumori Con *mutters about school, work and parents* but I look foward to your pics, maybe if you dont have anything against it I might incorporate some of your ideas Sharasun into my costume, anyways i'll have to see what the thift store has to offer I keep you posted on what I findout I head out of town wed for the day for costume materal shopping, and yep you got it thebebop im going to copy that costume down to every last piece of fiber.....

Last edited by Ami : 08-29-2004 at 10:23 PM.
Unread 09-01-2004, 11:29 PM   #30
Ami
Grand Maester Mercury

after some scrouning around I have found a couple ideas for the jewels and sleeves and I thought id post them just in case anybody else is interested, for the sleeves that look like they go all the way to her hand, I got a a pair of black arm length gloves, you can find them at places like claries or at some thrift stores, and Im going to cut the fingers away and use those, I can do it one of two ways, first I can use the entire glove as the sleeve to the leotard or since I got a leotard with sleeves this leaves the second metiod, and thats just tuking the gloves beneth the leotard sleeves, now for the jewels, I found the simplist things ever, those huge buttons that you like put your picture in, im going to use one of those and wrap it in gold foil, and for the red thing, a red button without any holes, and for the hand jewels, same thing only im going to use smaller buttons, and smaller red things, those are just some ideas, the chakra is going to be a bit complicated but I'm thinking of somthing along the line of the childs jewerly stuff you find at the dollar store.....