Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
inSaniTy
T_T college

Ouchies... that hurt! (Eyebrow waxing)

I've been getting my eyebrows waxed for over a year, so I'm used to it. Yesterday I had them done...by A NEW GIRL. She ripped off some of the epidermis under both my brows. They're still sore and sensitive! Does anyone have any tips for post painful waxing?

Unread 07-13-2004, 08:14 AM   #2
Lady
Sexy vonSexpants

Ouch, that happens with wax sometimes. I would recommend keeping the area cool - maybe some cold compresses? That should help numb the pain a bit.
Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
taochi
the adorable one

If you feel she did a shotty job, I definitely would have complained right away to the manager. I admit accidents do happen, but to both brows sounds a little iffy to me. I've been having my brows waxed on a regular occasion for the past two and a half years and I've never had a bad expirience. But I would recommend applying aloe vera gel over the affected areas till the redness and soreness go away.

teehee
taochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2004, 01:05 PM   #4
dani
Boots were made 4 walking

...... Emla?
Unread 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #5
Pendrell
yea for thou art kickass.

Ugh. I got mine waxed by a random woman at a salon once.. BAD TIMES. She ripped off a few layers of skin and left me with raw spots. It was right before AWA 9, and I had huge red peely patches under my eyebrows all weekend. Anyhoo, my friend loaned me some variety of cream used for treating burns and damaged skin to lessen the pain. I don't recall the name of the product (it was in a little stubby jar with a blue lid, but that's all I can remember), but I DO know it had aloe vera in it. So I second the aloe motion. ^^; There's usually at least one lotion of this type at any given store that carries cosmetic lotions and whatnot. I hope everything turns out alright for you!
Pendrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
inSaniTy
T_T college

Thanky spanky everyone. =D I used aloe vera, and it's helped a lot.
Unread 07-14-2004, 04:30 PM   #7
aaobuttons
Everyday Cosplay Costume

Another good thing to use is Neosporin or Polysporin. Its what hospitals use on cuts, burns, just about everything. Its everywhere grocery store, walmart, gas stations even! It helps stop infections and helps healing faster. I scar real easy, so whenever I get anything I ply it on and it keeps the scars from forming.
aaobuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2004, 10:22 PM   #8
nekhochan

As an esthetician, someone who does waxing all day long, make sure you contact the salon and let them know what happened. This could have been caused by bad wax, too hot of wax or improper technique. I had a few people complain about one of the girls I manage, and by them saying something and causing me to check up on what she was doing, we discovered why it was happeneing and prevented future occurances.

Sometimes, for reasons unknown to me, it happens. Some clients are very sensitive. I can tell immediatly if I've done that. So what I make sure to do(after giving them 10% off and apologizing.) I put neosporin on it right away, reccomend they do the same, and suggest using cool water when cleansing and maybe aloe vera. Most times my clients return and say "oh, it didn't get scaly cause you told me about it, so we could keep it from getting bad."

Sorry, got OT there. But getting the neosporin on immediatly seems to keep it from getting scaly.
nekhochan is offline   Reply With Quote