Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Guilty Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 05-19-2003, 10:30 AM   #61
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

aelith, the way I made my wings is I got a picture of the structure of bird wings and then I formed 12 gauge wire to the form I wanted, put cloth to hold the smaller feathers and some stuffing, and then I bought all the flight feather(writing plumes) from all the craft stores in my area, I just kinda cut different wires and put them in areas that needed support and attached it to a bra. When I have time, and if I remember, I may put better directions up sometime. At the moment I am in class right now so, later than.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2003, 10:32 AM   #62
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

Quote:
Originally posted by Jehuty
Ah I see it now. What a kawaii Dizzy you make.
Thank you, I hope to fix it more and take better pictures of it later. I really want to wear it to another convention as well, if my parent's would let me.
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #63
aelith
Effervascent dreamer

thanx for the tips alisa ^_^;; i'm sorry i'm still pretty new at all these cosplaying stuff i've still got a lot to learn..hehe, btw i saw your pics, cool! i really like how you did the wings...hope i'll make cool wings like u sumday u_u ^_^v

http://geocities.com/dyeane/blubutton.txt
aelith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:41 AM   #64
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

Quote:
Originally posted by aelith
thanx for the tips alisa ^_^;; i'm sorry i'm still pretty new at all these cosplaying stuff i've still got a lot to learn..hehe, btw i saw your pics, cool! i really like how you did the wings...hope i'll make cool wings like u sumday u_u ^_^v
I am sure you will. Wings are not hard to make. You might need a friend to help wire the position of the wings on you.

materials used:
wire
lotsa hot glue
lotsa feathers of all kinds
stuffing
cloth
thread for sewing
harness(bra)
oh and fabric paint, or airbrush is better.
Unread 05-19-2003, 11:35 PM   #65
Jehuty
"Lets go ADA!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle Biscuit
I decided to cosplay Zappa too. It won't be at the same con as Johnny, but it'll be soon after. Either AWA or Katsucon or something. I know I'll be able to pull off all his weird ass poses and walks, and even the voices, but the one problem I'm having, is which spirit to make as an accessory. (For those of you that don't know Zappa, he summons 4 different spirits. A demon dog, a giant sword that looks like a razor, a trio of ghosts, and a giant lightning god named Raou) I've figured out how to do the sword, but I think I'd reeeeally like to do the dog. But either way, it's not -that- important. Zappa just too much fun.
The lightning god would be really huge and probally heavy. The dog don't know how you plan on doing that. The sword yeah that's easy, you could probally also do the thress spirits since they're attaced to him.

"This is what I live for, this is the purpose for living for those who have no life" - ADA
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 12:25 AM   #66
Jehuty
"Lets go ADA!"

Quote:
Originally posted by aelith
does anybody have any good references of dizzy? or any pics of dizzy cosplayers? O_o;; how many costumes does dizzy have? how do you guys make the wings? O_o;;

err...sorry if i have so many questions >_<;; ^^;;
-look on this site for the cosplayers there should be several

-If memory serves me correct Dizzy has 3 different costumes
1. Her normal battle outfit
2. Her Dress
3. Her Sailor outfit

this is a good site that shows many pictures of dizzy from the game
[url]http://ggx.sprite-central.net/dizzy.html[/url

"This is what I live for, this is the purpose for living for those who have no life" - ADA

Last edited by Jehuty : 05-20-2003 at 02:09 AM.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 03:06 AM   #67
kynthiamoon
fool!

It will be hard, and i don't think i'll fit in many doors or elevators for that matter. lol. I still want to try. I've been looking into as many lightweight options with support to get them to stay. Of course theory doesn't always match to reality! Alisa, your dizzy costume is so cute! i hope i can make one at least half as good ^_~
kynthiamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2003, 07:11 AM   #68
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

Quote:
Originally posted by kynthiamoon
It will be hard, and i don't think i'll fit in many doors or elevators for that matter. lol. I still want to try. I've been looking into as many lightweight options with support to get them to stay. Of course theory doesn't always match to reality! Alisa, your dizzy costume is so cute! i hope i can make one at least half as good ^_~
Thanks. I hope to wear it somewhere else, so I can fix things up a bit and take better pics. I put most of my time on the wings, and everything else was a last minute thing. I want to redo the shirt and make sure everything is quality sewn on. The shirt is basically totally safety pinned and the only way to put it on, is if I have someone safety pin it to me. Good thing for the wings, they hide those things. The next shirt I make, I want to use either two openings in the back with buttons. I have to go buy some more leather, therefore I can redo the arm belts. Thery weren't long enough, so I couldn't put them on by myself, and my friend was getting sick of dressing me up, so they were just kinda' hanging there.

Oh yeah, I actually didn't really have any trouble fitting through doors and stuff. The white wing was originally positioned to stand straight up and avoid other people. I started having problems when some person ran into me full force and manage to bend my white wing down. It is fixed now, but I had to be really careful with it and try to bend it back when I was wearing it.

"Good lighting fixes everything."

Last edited by Alisa : 05-22-2003 at 05:23 PM.
Unread 05-21-2003, 12:50 AM   #69
kynthiamoon
fool!

That sucks about your wing. The costume still looks good, you can't see any of the safety pinning in the photos. OF course it is nice not to have to rely on friends to pin everything for you. I've had to do that the last two years. lol. I'm going to give her a break this year. Does anyone have any tips or pointers on doing Testament, Millia Rage, Sol Badguy, or Chip? If things work out, i'll be needing to attempt at least two for friends. ^_^ (My friend Tammy, and my boyfriend have already fought about who gets to do testament.)
kynthiamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #70
JyuuSan
How ya'll doing?

Quote:
Hai, Hai!

Quote:
Originally posted by Blayne
I might as well jump in here too. ^_^
At this A-kon, I'll be Venom and my bro is gonna be Slayer.
Dude, that's cool!! My friend cosplayed as Venom at Acen last week. I wanted to ask though, are you going to be able to see well, cause my friend could hardly see anything!!

Quote:
Originally posted by kynthiamoon
[B.... Does anyone have any tips or pointers on doing Testament, Millia Rage, Sol Badguy, or Chip? If things work out, i'll be needing to attempt at least two for friends. ^_^ (My friend Tammy, and my boyfriend have already fought about who gets to do testament.) [/b]
I've cosplayed as Testament. What tips are you looking for?
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:09 PM   #71
Blayne

JyuuSan:
I'm not sure about the sight thing yet. Haven't finished the wig. But I should do ok. I'm not using an all over the face styled wig, I'm making the parts in the side.
Just curious-how did your friend do the eye on the wig?
Blayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 05:21 PM   #72
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by JyuuSan
Hai, Hai!
Arigatou Gozaimasu!!! *^-^*

Unread 05-24-2003, 10:11 PM   #73
TheLoneWolf
The Beast From The East

hm
my question:
The Cross Ky has on his costume.It's fairly apparent that the 4 large buttons aren't doing much to hold it up.What is keeping it in place,then?
TheLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2003, 08:50 PM   #74
Alisa
Spoony Bard Violinist

Quote:
Originally posted by TheLoneWolf
hm
my question:
The Cross Ky has on his costume.It's fairly apparent that the 4 large buttons aren't doing much to hold it up.What is keeping it in place,then?
I think it is just sewn on. Saeru has made two Ky costumes, and I am sure she wouldn't mind helping you out.

Unread 05-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #75
digikoomi

if I can go I will be pink Jam
digikoomi is offline   Reply With Quote