Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Guilty Gear

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 01-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #1456
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsien-Ko View Post
This is such a kick ass Anji Mito! ^.^ I really love how you made the sleeves and the costume,it's really awsome =3

Do you perhaps have any tips on how to do Ky Kiske's coat? my Sweet Heart wants to be Ky and I've drew the costume to help me analyse it better Oo but I still have troubles to understand how to make it.
There are two ways to do Ky's coat. The accurate way, and the convenient way. The accurate way is having a shoulder-less shirt with an attached skirt. We did not do it the accurate way, obviously. So we did it the convenient way, which is to make a mandarin collar coat that velcro's closed. For that, look no further than the Matrix coat costume pattern, available at any fabric store.

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #1457
Hsien-Ko
Fun Sized

Thank you a bunch Danzikumaru ^.^

You saved me the trouble of breaking my brains thinking of a way to do the coat for my sweety ^.^ Now I know what I'll do! Woo!

oO....how about the very very long sword?
Hsien-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 12:38 AM   #1458
Danzikumaru
Walk me to the Graveyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsien-Ko View Post
Thank you a bunch Danzikumaru ^.^

You saved me the trouble of breaking my brains thinking of a way to do the coat for my sweety ^.^ Now I know what I'll do! Woo!

oO....how about the very very long sword?
In the sprites, Ky's sword comes up to about mid-upper torso. Middle of the ribs, pretty much. You have one hand width for the pommel, and two hand widths for the handle, The blade should be no wider then the end of the blue part of the guard. So long as you have your proportions right, it should look great (mine is disproportional to me, so I have compensate). Materials I can't help you with really, as each con has different rules and I'm not certain what your comfortable working with. Mine is wooden, made from shelf wood.

Danzikumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 02:54 AM   #1459
SvK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr4mer View Post
Big thanks for the idea. Just one question though, how did you get them attached to the coat?

My Faust coat has foam hemispheres as well. I hotglued a snap on the flat side and sewed snaps onto Faust's coat, so I can snap the balls on and off. I can detach the hemispheres when storing or washing the coat, so I don't have to worry about them being damaged. They'll also pop off instead of ripping the coat if they get caught on something and removed.

SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #1460
Naykomii
Saves lunch $ for cosplay

*tippy toes into the thread* Um... I'm planning to do a Jam cosplay? ^^;; I haven't started yet, as I am still looking for fabric and other supplies. I like her character design and personality so I figured it'd be fun. ^_^ Plus my hair falls mid thigh at the moment so I think I can get away with her hair with just using a few extensions. n_n;; Anyone have points or tips for her cosplay?

Naykomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #1461
Raging Tofu
Badass Bookworm

Well, since you also have long hair (my falls to about my bum) I will suggest this idea I had of how to do Jam's hair.

The idea I had was to pull it up into a ponytail and use one of two methods to get the O-ring-

Idea 1)- braid a small section of hair around some fexible, but strong wire (maybe 10 or 12 gauge), shape it into the O-ring, then gather the rest of the hair around it, (hiding the braid and wire) and proceed to hairspray (and possibly gel) the hell out of it to hold shape.

Idea 2)- Ponytail it, and feed it thru a tube of netting (either wire-frame or fiber) shape O-ring and proceed to kill your hair with lots of hairspray and gel. (Basically the same concept as Idea 1 minus the wire-fu) Remove netting when dry.

For the can, I would try to design something that could open via a small hinge that would clamp around the base of the ponytail (thus hiding it). So something like a T-joint, but with out the vertical part, just a hole. Does that make sense?

I haven't tried either of these ideas yet so I don't know if they'll work, but if you'd like to experiment, have at it. The only problems I can foresee with doing either of these is if your hair's really thick and heavy because the weight may pull it down so you end up with more of an oval than O-shape.

Of course, I could just be talking nonsense...

Last edited by Raging Tofu : 01-31-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Raging Tofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 02:29 PM   #1462
Naykomii
Saves lunch $ for cosplay

Thanks. ^^ I was thinking along those lines. My hair isn't thick at all if I straighten it. n_n Otherwise it tends to be pretty thick. But I straighten it before doing any cosplay at all, so I don't think that'll be much of a problem. x3 Thank you for the ideas. n_n I can't wait to start on this.~

Naykomii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #1463
AusC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMastrInuYasha View Post
I found a tutorial on how to make the Waist cuff, But not really a hole lot on the Yo-yo. I know most people just use a regular Yo-yo. But I want to make one like his

Also, Roger ( the bear) Any suggestions? Just a regular plush bear will work?

(bridget)
I intend to make a wooden yoyo like his, based off this old wood yoyo tutorial I found a year ago ^.^; I'll post the link if I find it again.
Ohh, that cuff tutorial would help a lot.

Last edited by AusC : 02-01-2007 at 04:56 PM.
AusC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #1464
Angel Tifa
Survivor of Horror 4-ever

I'm almost done with my Baiken costume ^__^. If memory serve's me right, I think it was MyCroft who gave me the tip on Baiken's socks, but I've finally made the socks, without using the common knitting method. I even made the pattern. What I did was made the pattern design looking like the shape of a Christmas stocking. The pattern came out too small for my foot at first, so before cutting out my black fabric, I used leftover fabric to test out the pattern, keep extending the pattern, until the socks fit my foot properly. Thanks again anyway MyCroft ^^.

I know I've asked this awhile back about difficulty finding pink hair extensions, but no worries on that either. I guess I could just buy the blonde hair extensions, and try dying those with a pink sharpie. For practice today, I've tested a sharpie on some of the pink hairs I've cut off from my Baiken wig, and it really works ^^.

Besides the wig, the only things I need done with the costume is to make the chain claw and the sword (yeah I'm going to attempt to make it, since I've constructed a more complicated sword in the past), then I'm done ^^.

2008 Cosplay list:
Ada Wong/Resident Evil 2 Completed
Heather Mason/Silent Hill 3 Completed

I claim -Tifa Lockhart/Final Fantasy VII- at the claiming thread
Angel Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #1465
Mycroft

AngelTifa: At least you got it figured out. Good luck with the sword and claws! Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.
not with a bang but a whimper.
"
The Hollow men - TS Elliot
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #1466
Faust-ni-gami
Neutral SPY

actually, the only thing i'd be worried about is the mat she kicks. (move is FRCable, too.)
Faust-ni-gami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #1467
KumagoroD

My Bridget costume in the alternate colors is finished. Check it out in my gallery and tell me what ya'll think!
KumagoroD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 03:06 PM   #1468
Angel Tifa

KumagoroD, your Bridget costume look's supa kawaii ! If you don't mind my posting the link, I took a quick look at this photo;

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=970127

The colors are very bad-ass. I was wondering, is this an alt. color in the Guilty Gear Isuka? If not, which GG game is it?

2008 Cosplay list:

Unread 02-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #1469
Mycroft

KumagoroD: Those colours are definitely, like Angel Tifa said, bad-ass. THe colours together just looks so cool! And you did an awesome job on making it. It looks really crisp and clean. You need to take more pictures of the costume come con-time.
not with a bang but a whimper.
"
The Hollow men - TS Elliot
Mycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #1470
Angel Tifa

Okay, I think I've finally finished my Baiken wig (to being happy with it). *take's a deep breath*

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=977224

Hope this look's alright ^^. Let me know what you guys think (with constructive critique of course ).

2008 Cosplay list: