Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon > Rides / Roommates

Unread 07-15-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Will Pay for Ride from Philadelphia (from University City)

Me and a fellow female friend need a ride to Otakon on Thursday evening or early Friday sometime. We don't really care when or with who. Guys and girls are all the same since it's just sitting in a car together.

We'll be happy to pay our share of the gas money and parking fees.

I only need the ride there, my friend may need ride back as well. I'm continuing back home to Toronto right after (so if anyone's from Toronto, I'd love you if I could get a ride home after Otakon).

Me and my friend are 19 and 22 respectively, so "responsible adults"...right...-_-;;

Please reply, or PM me or something. Thanks lots you bunch

Next Convention: Youmacon
2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...

Last edited by Amy the Yu : 07-15-2004 at 12:46 AM.
Amy the Yu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
OdangoAtama
Pop Tarts!

No promisses yet...but philly isn't too far from me...I'm having a bit of car troubles...but if it's all straightened out by otakon I'm going down there thursday night...I should have off work that day so I'd be happy to come get you n ur friend...everybody i was gonna give a ride to (cept one) backed out so i gots some room ^_^ I'll pm u with a definite when i know...which shouldn't be too long from now

Everybody DANCE!
OdangoAtama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

That would be awesome. If you can let me know in about a week, even if it doesn't end up working out we should still be able to manage a ride from elsewhere.

Thanks. ^^

2009 Cons: Katsucon, Con-G, MacTAC, Ad Astra, Anime North, Colossalcon, Polaris, Otakuthon, Otakon, CN Anime, Youmacon, DTAC maybe more...
Unread 07-15-2004, 01:26 PM   #4
ヒドラ鴛
Banned

Hm, I'd offer, but we're leaving Thursday morning :/
ヒドラ鴛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #5
OdangoAtama
Pop Tarts!

Okies will do! I'll prolly ask my friend if we can use his car...that might be easier since his is a lot newer than mine (92 vs. 2002 lol) So i'll ask him and let you know whats up. Also we'll have to go somewhere else to get another friend of mine...opposite of where i'm going...but it's all good ^_^ Alrighty so i'll let you know in the next few days ^_~

Everybody DANCE!
OdangoAtama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdangoAtama
Okies will do! I'll prolly ask my friend if we can use his car...that might be easier since his is a lot newer than mine (92 vs. 2002 lol) So i'll ask him and let you know whats up. Also we'll have to go somewhere else to get another friend of mine...opposite of where i'm going...but it's all good ^_^ Alrighty so i'll let you know in the next few days ^_~
I seriously have issues. I enjoy getting to events as much as the events themselves...the anticipation is something I really like savouring, so I'm more than not complaining about getting another friend of yours...especially since you're giving us a ride.

Oh, one thing I thought I should mention though, since I'm moving right back to Toronto after Otakon, I'm bringing all my crap from this summer with me, so I need there to be enough room to stuff a large suitcase of crap in the car. The only other thing I have is my backpack (and my teddy bear, who I refuse to shove in with my luggage) which can sit in my lap.

Unread 07-15-2004, 06:09 PM   #7
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ヒドラ鴛
Hm, I'd offer, but we're leaving Thursday morning :/
If things with Odango don't work out, I might take you up on that offer cause I have no problem leaving Thursday morning, but my friend has a lecture she doesn't want to miss in the afternoon and I don't really want to leave her to her own devices after saying I'd try my best to find her a ride.

I already warned everyone at work that Wednesday will be my last day, so I'll be all packed and sitting around on Thursday anyway.

Unread 07-20-2004, 05:32 AM   #8
bgulizia
Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy the Yu
If things with Odango don't work out, I might take you up on that offer cause I have no problem leaving Thursday morning, but my friend has a lecture she doesn't want to miss in the afternoon and I don't really want to leave her to her own devices after saying I'd try my best to find her a ride.

I already warned everyone at work that Wednesday will be my last day, so I'll be all packed and sitting around on Thursday anyway.
My brother-in-law just informed me last night that he has to work friday night so he and his gf are going to be driving down seperate from me, which means I have room in my car. I live basically 20 min north of Atlantic City in NJ and take the AC expressway out to the turnpike so Philly wouldnt be all that much out of the way. So if you still need a ride I could swing out and pick you and your friend up, let me know if you are still looking. I plan on getting to the con early friday morning (as in around the time it opens) so we'd be leaving fairly early in the AM.

-bg
bgulizia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #9
Amy the Yu
Uber-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgulizia
My brother-in-law just informed me last night that he has to work friday night so he and his gf are going to be driving down seperate from me, which means I have room in my car. I live basically 20 min north of Atlantic City in NJ and take the AC expressway out to the turnpike so Philly wouldnt be all that much out of the way. So if you still need a ride I could swing out and pick you and your friend up, let me know if you are still looking. I plan on getting to the con early friday morning (as in around the time it opens) so we'd be leaving fairly early in the AM.

-bg
Thanks for the offer. We actually just got "okay-ed" by OdangoAtama for a drive from her on Thursday evening.

Unread 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #10
bgulizia
Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy the Yu
Thanks for the offer. We actually just got "okay-ed" by OdangoAtama for a drive from her on Thursday evening.

Okee

If anyone else needs a ride from NJ or philly, let me know and I'll see what we can work out.

-bg
bgulizia is offline   Reply With Quote