Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-16-2004, 03:57 AM   #1
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

Seymour's make up

I'm not much into make up and I'll have to put it on my boyfirend at a con soon.

I'm not talking about the cool blue lines on Seymour's face.

I have a wallpaper of him and it's obvious he's wearing... uh, something. I'm just not sure what. I think he's got eyeliner, mascara, and pale eyeshadow. His lips look made up too, but there's too many lip things for me to havea clue what he's using.
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-16-2004, 11:52 PM   #2
Arista
Once Upon a Dream

I think you're right. I'd use a dark liquid eyeliner, mascara (sparingly), and just a hint of eyeshadow (maybe something with a faint blue tint to bring out the blue of his eyes and hair). I wouldn't really do too much lip-wise. If anything maybe just a light dusty rose lipstick - definitely not gloss... Though even that's probably not necessary. His eyes (and blue lines) are really the main focus of his face. Good luck with that! Sounds like it'll be a fun con for you. ^_^
Unread 07-17-2004, 12:53 AM   #3
pink_killer
The One He Lost

Uh, I just want to say something that liquid eyeliner is a little hard to handle for those who haven't used it or are used to putting eyeliner on. -Trust- me on this one. Just make sure you go over the lines first perhaps in pencil and then go over in dark eyeliner but doing it on someone else is a bit harder. I had someone try to do it to me and I kept laughing..didn't work well.

I heard there's this gel pen thing for the eye and it's softer yet like a pencil but it'll still work with more control. For lips, I would suggest lip balm or some chapstick. It'll make the lips soft yet not shiny girly like. For the blue eyes perhaps blue eyeshadow or what you can do is draw them faintly and then use eyeshadow on top to shadow it. It'll give it more detail.

Otakon Line-up
TBD

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney
pink_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 01:54 AM   #4
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

Wha's the easiest eyliner to use? The only thing I've ever managed to put on that didn't look like somone blind put it on was this giant crayon like thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_killer
Uh, I just want to say something that liquid eyeliner is a little hard to handle for those who haven't used it or are used to putting eyeliner on. -Trust- me on this one. Just make sure you go over the lines first perhaps in pencil and then go over in dark eyeliner but doing it on someone else is a bit harder. I had someone try to do it to me and I kept laughing..didn't work well.

I heard there's this gel pen thing for the eye and it's softer yet like a pencil but it'll still work with more control. For lips, I would suggest lip balm or some chapstick. It'll make the lips soft yet not shiny girly like. For the blue eyes perhaps blue eyeshadow or what you can do is draw them faintly and then use eyeshadow on top to shadow it. It'll give it more detail.
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2004, 01:07 PM   #5
Arista
Once Upon a Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalesca
Wha's the easiest eyliner to use? The only thing I've ever managed to put on that didn't look like somone blind put it on was this giant crayon like thing.
If you want to get a nice sharp look, liquid is still the best to use. It's not difficult at all. For each eye: lower the eyelid and paint the eyeliner just above the eyelashes. Don't worry if you make a mess (I usually do ^^. Next, take a damp Q-tip and go over the top of the eyeliner, leaving however thick of a border you want. This creates a nice sharp edge to the liner and gets rid of any drifting lines you may have created. It'll give you more of a dramatic look and will last longer so you won't have to pull your boyfriend over for touchups ^^;. It's less intimidating, too - no pointy lead hoving near your eye. Hope that helps. ^_^