Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > CLAMP Series

Unread 07-20-2004, 11:31 PM   #1
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Magic Knight Rayearth

I'm currently working on a costume for Fuu Hououji, from the series, not the OVA ( I do own both however). It's the final stage of the armor with the cape and mostly seen in season two when the girls return to Cephiro.

I do plan on making an Umi and Hikaru costume of the ame, but this comes first, cause it just seems like the easiest out of the three, but I'm kind of stumped on the boots. I've never been really good at boot covers, any ideas?

Much thanks!

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Alexia Ishtar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

boot covers i think i can figure how to do it. all you do is get some high heeled shoes that are the color you need then get matching fabric like suede of pleather and just cut it into a strip as muc as you need, then sew it so it connects to each other then just put it over the boot i think that should work.

Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2004, 10:36 AM   #3
Mew_Pudding
Tits.

*Shudders* Boot covers... >.< I`ve only made one pair (for Zakuro.) But, my upcoming Hanon costume will prolly need them too. I actually used a pattern that I had found that was perfect. I don`t remember the number off hand. x.x; But, it was probably too high for Rayearth boots. ^.^; Although, if you look through some childrens halloween costume pattersn, you could probly find some.

Hope I helped at least a little. ^.^

~*Pudding*~
Mew_Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2004, 02:21 PM   #4
nozomiwhitewolf
J'adore Lady Oscar.

Oh Fuu's is so cute!! I own all of the dolls and armor so it's easy for me, I just look at the doll clothes and try to duplicate it. I have some extra Fuu armor (the kind u are making) and I am gonna sell it on eBay soon...
nozomiwhitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2004, 07:29 PM   #5
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Kid's costumes huh? Never thought of that. -_- but whatever works. So far about the only thing I've got going is her sword. My cousin laughed cause it's made out of styrofoam, but it will have plaster on it, but it's still so light ^-^() kind of like her sword. But meh...I'll post pictures once I get the costume started.

So far I'm sort of using patterns and modifying them:

Simplicity5098
Simplicity4996
Simplicity5794

Any other tips would be appreciated!
Much thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew_Pudding
*Shudders* Boot covers... >.< I`ve only made one pair (for Zakuro.) But, my upcoming Hanon costume will prolly need them too. I actually used a pattern that I had found that was perfect. I don`t remember the number off hand. x.x; But, it was probably too high for Rayearth boots. ^.^; Although, if you look through some childrens halloween costume pattersn, you could probly find some.

Hope I helped at least a little. ^.^

~*Pudding*~

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Unread 07-24-2004, 12:14 AM   #6
Luna Hoshino
Snarkmistress

Heh, I actually made that as my first costume ever years ago. ^^;; What I did for the boots (that actually worked really well) was buy some thick knee socks (so I could fold the tops over), cut a hole for the heel of the shoes I was wearing underneath and then simply pulled them on over a pair of ivory-colored high heels. It was a piece of cake to do and looked just fine.
Luna Hoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2004, 06:16 PM   #7
Maayacola
Marginally Intoxicated.

Knee socks? Cute idea!!!
Maayacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2004, 06:29 PM   #8
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Now I feel insanely stupid! Knee socks! OMG I love you!! solved my problem. I absoluetly despise boot covers -_-

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Unread 07-25-2004, 09:25 PM   #9
Luna Hoshino
Snarkmistress

Hehe, no problem! That was my feeling as well-- I'd done enough sewing on the costume as it was, and I wanted something that would fit comfortably. Plus, since they go on over the shoes, you don't have to worry about them slipping off or anything like that.
Luna Hoshino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2004, 07:44 PM   #10
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Hoshino
Hehe, no problem! That was my feeling as well-- I'd done enough sewing on the costume as it was, and I wanted something that would fit comfortably. Plus, since they go on over the shoes, you don't have to worry about them slipping off or anything like that.
Oh my *giggle* Well, I finished the boots, well almost, I just need to put the gems on the side, but, I tried the idea with socks, it wasn't really working for me, so I um...modified it a bit. And I must admit I LOVE DUCT TAPE!

Yes Duct Tape. I used the idea of the socks and then covered them in white duct tape. *giggle* they look like vinyl or something now. But yay Duct Tape *does a happy dance*

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Unread 08-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #11
SongofAmazon
Sing me Mercury

I made entire shoes of duct tape once then covered them with fabirc and they looked like real shoes. ^_^ Anyhew... on another duct-tape related note, wouldn't their first stage armor look cool and stiff if it was duct tape covered in that off white fabric? It would be fairly accurate for harness. I want to do a Fuu costume some time, but I'm not exactly sure which.

Costumes for this Season:
Subaru - .hack//SIGN
Crystal - Pokemon
Li Kohran - Sakura Taisen
Eirote - Scrapped Princess
Sarasa - Basara
SongofAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2004, 01:14 PM   #12
Alexia Ishtar
aka - Chibi Lenne

Actually, I'd have to agree with you, the armor in the first stage would look pretty good done that way. It might take a lot though...and a lot of patience >.> *looks at her large pile of crumped up duct-tape*

Need a Hogwarts Robe?
Unread 08-17-2004, 03:10 PM   #13
Inamichan
abbreviate!

Ooh, neat! I love Fuu, she's my favorite character from the series... I plan on cosplaying her eventually, in her Fahren clothing because it's just too cute. xD Good luck!

TBA: Winry Rockbell, Utena Tenjou, OVAII Nuriko
Inamichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2004, 04:53 PM   #14
Goddess Zara
Powers of Randomosity

*Looks around at all the potential Fuu cosplay ppl* Waah! Come to AX, I could be a pimpin' Ferio! XD

Alexia Ishtar, how were you planning on making the armor?
Unread 08-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #15
Kairi G
*shiny*

My friend had a Fuu costume at Otakon and im working on Umi, which i was gonna wear to otakon but couldnt get done in time. We made the Celestial versions with the pretty skirts and armor stuff. We made our armor out of paper clay.
i do have Umi's sword just about done. it just needs to be sealed with resin. Its so awesome, ive spent nearly 15 hours just on the sword! I have pics in my gallery if people wanna see. I should have Umi done within the next few weeks some time.
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote