Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-23-2004, 01:00 AM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Eurobeat King Presents: San Diego Comic Con 2004 Pictures!

Hey everyone,

I managed to survive Day #1 of San Diego Comic Con, and exhausted and all, I've still got the drive to stay up and post pics from the day. Thanks to Admin for making the gallery, you can check out what I post from the day(s) here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=9033

I took about 450+/- pics, which include the costumes that I saw around the con, some of the cool booth displays, and photoshoots of my friends that I took of like Kell, SomethingLulu, Sana-chan, Freya, Suzushichan, Nemesiscat, Pikminlink, Mich, ZenDragon, and more. Thanks to everyone who posed, and I look forward to more in the following 3 days!!

Enjoy, please comment, and I'll post again here with updates of pics throught the weekend!! ciao~

Last edited by Eurobeat King : 06-22-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2004, 01:56 AM   #2
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

gah you are so fast~
Unread 07-23-2004, 02:06 AM   #3
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Kell: I wish the hotel I'm at had faster internet, else I'd post the 450+ pics I took just for today a LOT faster, and hopefully be finished before I really get tired.. But, I'll take what I can get.. Sorry I missed you She-Ra costume this morning, but at least I got your Tira costume (from He-Man) and your Hild (OMG) and will take more pics of what you wear, w/o missing any tomorrow..
Unread 07-23-2004, 09:55 AM   #4
sarabug

these are great! keep posting, i couldn't make it out there this year, so it's great to be able to see some of the amazing costumes so early! thanks a ton!

sarabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 11:23 PM   #5
Reaver
Take What You Can

Man! u are fast! sux that there isnt faster internet though XP. Ah well, Thanks Eurobeat!
Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2004, 04:01 AM   #6
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

UPDATE: Day #2 got better, with a lot more Star Wars and LOTR cosplayers appearing, but overall I was surprised that after 2 hectic days of SDCC I only came out with 1077+/- pics for both days. I'm guessing because there weren't too many organized gatherings like at AX, where I could go to a gathering and just shoot away with pics while the cosplayers just stood there and posed. But I'm glad I got more photoshoots today with cosplayer friends, and tomorrow will be even more hectic with a LOT of pics of Star Wars cosplayers and the 501st gathering.. not to mention the masquerade.. hehe Picture-wise: I managed to post ALL of Thursday pics, and a little from Friday's pics, so rest assured if I took your picture on Friday but haven't posted it, it's due to this bloody hotel's 56k modem, otherwise all the pics would've been posted by now, and I'd get to sleep each night sooner..

Here's the break-down (so far) of the pics that I've taken, so that you'll know when each day starts & finishes and which cosplayer pics belong to which day. Enjoy, and keep those comments coming!!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=9033

Thursday, July 22nd: cc0001 to cc0441
Friday, July 23rd: cc0442 to cc1077 (+/- a few when I get around to them)
Unread 07-24-2004, 04:13 AM   #7
kyojin_alex
It is a good day to die!!

Damn dude, you got those pics up fast. you rock.
kyojin_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #8
sarabug

why can i only see the first 546 photos?

Unread 07-24-2004, 10:55 AM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

sarabug: I've u/l 1047 pics onto my hard-drive only, so I know the total # of pics I've taken for the first 2 days. However, due to the slow speed of the internet at the particular hotel I'm staying at, it takes about 10 mins. to post 20 pics.. My DSL modem at home usually posts 20 pics in 2 mins, so there's quite a difference being away at home.. So I'm able to only post as many as I can before going to sleep around 1-2am, and getting up around 7:30am to do it alllll over again the next day.. Next year I'll choose a different hotel, and so I should be able to post a lot more each day.. I appreciate your (and everyone else's) patience as I post them. When I get home on Monday, the u/l process of the pics will be a LOT faster..

UPDATE: Since I'll be taking pics of the masquerade tonight (Saturday) I won't be able to u/l any pics until late this evening, and if I do they won't be too many, probably 100 maximum, and they'll be from Friday's pics.
Unread 07-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #10
sarabug

Ah, ok, that's fine, i thought i was doing something dumb! hehehe, thanks soooo much for taking the time to post these for us, i'm totally living vicariously through your album! great job!

Unread 07-25-2004, 01:44 AM   #11
Scruffy Rebel
Nerfherder

Awesome pics, man! You got some great ones of some of my friends...lol, and somehow none of me in costume. Hopefully you have one that you have yet to upload. I was going around with a particular friend all Thursday through today, and I can't imagine how you would have missed us...especially since you've seen to have gotten the majority of all main costumes seen there.

~Oracle

K.Y.O. Cosplay Member
Scruffy Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2004, 01:04 PM   #12
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

oracle: Thanks for the compliments! Incidentally, which costume(s) did your friends wear, and which one did you wear that I missed? (my apologies if I did!)

UPDATE: Posted up to around 3:30pm on Friday for now, finishing up with the RaiderQuest forum group shots and Kell's gorgeous Phoenix costume. After that, I'm packing up the computer here, driving a hopefully-fast-8-hour-drive, and won't be posting pictures again until Monday evening (7/26) after 8pm PST. So please view & comment on the pics (nicely!) and look for more pics soon! Thanks for your patience!!
Unread 07-25-2004, 02:43 PM   #13
Scruffy Rebel
Nerfherder

Yeah I saw Kell around a lot...yet I never said hi, I'm such a dope.

Oh, my friend was Jack Sparrow (male), and I was Elizabeth Swann in the plum gown. We were around were a pirate crew on Thursday. And if he wasn't with me on Friday or Saturday, he'd be with a girl in just the shift dress - who you got some pics of up already. Sometimes all three of us were together.

~Oracle

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw about five pics of me and/or my friend currently on page 19. Yay!

K.Y.O. Cosplay Member

Last edited by Scruffy Rebel : 07-25-2004 at 02:48 PM.
Scruffy Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2004, 06:45 AM   #14
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

UPDATE: Back home at last!!! After being stuck in SD traffic for 3 hours, and then stuck ON I-5 at the grapevine mountains due to an accident (both sides were shut down for about 30 mins.) I finally made it home around 3:00am and set up my computer.. Ahhhh, so much love to DSL and fast u/l of my pics! I shall resume u/l pics tomorrow evening after 7pm, so while I'm half-asleep at work tomorrow, please enjoy & comment on the pics I've posted so far, and thanks for your patience!!

No total count on the # of pics I took over the weekend, but I want to say over 3000 at least.. Hopefully I'll have most of them posted before I go to Otakon on Wednesday night, else my brother will assist me in posting them while I'm gone.. So give him some thanks this weekend while I'm away at the biggest East Coast anime con and he's posting pics from SDCC for me.
Unread 07-26-2004, 10:15 PM   #15
pegasusmaiden
pegasus wings are of ruby

I was so happy I ran into you at the con. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to find anyone there. Soooo many people. For some reason it was hard to find cosplayers at the con and gatherings were also hard to locate. I couldn't find the 501st booth for the longest time. And even when I made it to the right side of the convention hall I still couldn't find it. I hope you got a good pic of Steve in his Darth Maul costume. I feel really bad I wasn't able to make the star wars gathering.

Overall thanks Eurobeat you're the best. *hugs thankies thankies

Last edited by pegasusmaiden : 07-27-2004 at 07:49 AM.
pegasusmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote