Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-23-2004, 02:13 AM   #1
lunar_kitsune
Tseng of TURKS

Pokemon Cosplay...?

As long as everyone's asking about Digimon and Yu-gi-Oh, I wonder...does anyone do Pokemon cosplays anymore? I've seen one....cosplayer. Cosplaying as Ash. And a Misty I think. But does anyone actually attempt the pokemon? Is it because Pokemon is considered childish or am I just missing all the illusive the pokemon cosplayers out there?

~Shini

EDIT: I also have to ask, how could I work with the hair? The average Pokemon character's hair is gravity-defying...And some of the cute costumes are kinda hard... ;_;
lunar_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2004, 02:16 AM   #2
ash_chan
Leon! Help!

Well @ FanimeCon, some Fan Artists dressed up as Team Aqua...or was it Team Magma?...well, it was one of those two...hmm...now I'm gonna be up all night trying 2 remember...
I'd love to see it.
:3
ash_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 02:41 AM   #3
Spiffy
lieks rainbows

I'm cosplaying as Pikachu at Otakon next week~ *points to sig*
Unread 07-23-2004, 03:23 AM   #4
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

i'm wanting to cosplay as Musashi from Team Rocket or my friends made up team rocket member who is obsessed with Kojiro XD

Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 05:01 AM   #5
xryu_dragonx
The 3v1l one.

kool, haha i think i saw an Ash cosplay pic on here somewhere, haha he was smoking though. i thought that was funny. ne 1 saw that?

Queen of Zombies...
xryu_dragonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 08:19 AM   #6
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

I want to do an EGL Jigglypuff sometime. Jiggles is my favorite character...prolly because she's naughty.

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 09:49 AM   #7
Zania
The Lemon Princess

My sister and I are cosplaying as Pikachu and Jigglypuff at Otakon. The costumes are more original designs, since we didn't want to do animal-like suits, but I think we should be recognizable when we're together. We should have little pokemon plushies with us to help people figure it out Look for the two girls in pink and yellow!
Zania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #8
lunar_kitsune
Tseng of TURKS

You're going to the Oni-con, Uchiha? Whee! Well I can't decide on a pokemon to cosplay even if I wanted to. No one would be able to recognize it if it wasn't popular like Pikachu, Pichu, or Jigglypuff, would they? I mean they don't make plushies of all the pokemon... But I was thinking of Swablu or it's evolution. They're so cute.

~Shini
Unread 07-23-2004, 06:39 PM   #9
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Every single time a Pokemon cosplay thread comes up I find it necessary to mention that I have wanted to cosplay my own version of Meowth/Nyaasu for years. I've also played with the idea of being Jessie/Musashi, but the hair has gotten in the way of that. Dammit. I also have some random cosplay ideas from the video games. Ehehe.

As for the hair... For something like Ash or Misty you'd just need some gel and a blowdryer. ^_^v

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:27 PM   #10
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

I plan on cosplaying as the poke-pimp daddy himself, Brock! Someday. Argh, I'm gonna have to constantly squint. Which reminds me of a quote from the Toshihiro Ono manga. A guy yelled at Brock, "Why don't you open your eyes when you speak?!" XD Classic.
Archelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:31 PM   #11
lunar_kitsune
Tseng of TURKS

Hey! I have to tell you, if you -do- do Brock and you can sing, there's a song you can listen to on the Pokemon Jukebox at the official site calls "Two Perfect Girls" or something. It's Brock singing and it's really catchy! So kawaii~! ^.^

~Shini
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:33 PM   #12
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

I know the song. "A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for me! Jenny, oh Jenny! Joy, oh Joy! A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for meeeeeeeeeeee!"
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:40 PM   #13
lunar_kitsune
Tseng of TURKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archelon
I know the song. "A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for me! Jenny, oh Jenny! Joy, oh Joy! A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for meeeeeeeeeeee!"
Lol!! I gotta say, Brock is ultra awesome and I can't see why he was practically replaced by that Terri dude. I dunno...I like the fact he draws but that's about it...Brock was so much better... Geez, now I've gotta go listen to the song... Sorry if I was doing Brock I'd make a skit out of it...get a Jenny and a Joy. ^.^;

"Ohhh, I've tried and I've tried and I've searched way deep inside... From these two I won't choose; I can't stand the bad news bout the name of the girl that I'm gonna looooose!!!"

Michi! That idea sounds cool you should try it. Meowth is cute...if...you...can...ignore his big fat mouth. Normal Meowths are cute too.
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:43 PM   #14
Archelon
An Old-Fashioned Cowboy

But his mouth is what makes him so lovable.
Unread 07-23-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
lunar_kitsune
Tseng of TURKS

So true, so true... Anyway, if and when you do that Brock, I wanna see! I'm gonna stop talking about this though, it's turning into a conversation...O.O