Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-26-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
EllieSama
Crazy like a moose!

Red face Body paint that won't smear?

I'm cosplaying as Jo (Bakuretsu Tenshi) for Otakon. She has a design on her left arm and back, but she also wears a long scarf and a big jacket. I won't be wearing the jacket the whole time, but when I do I know it'll smear the design... and if the jacket doesn't, the scarf will. Does anyone know of any non-smear body paint or anything I can do to make it not rub off on my costume?

~Ellie
EllieSama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2004, 10:19 AM   #2
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

Mehron's or Ben Nye's makeup sealer.

Check out the "costume info" of KaraokeKate's Shiva costume for more info.

I've used it before also - and it's fantastic!!
Unread 07-26-2004, 10:20 AM   #3
Elemental
I do that photo thing...

Ben Nye paint pots with their liquid seal (used mostly for sparkles but works wonders for pigments) is retty smear resistent, though I know someone mentioned a brand to me that was even better.
If you have a theatrical store nearby, you might want to check to see what they have in stock. Just avoid greasepaint.
Elemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #4
Graceria

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieSama
I'm cosplaying as Jo (Bakuretsu Tenshi) for Otakon. She has a design on her left arm and back, but she also wears a long scarf and a big jacket. I won't be wearing the jacket the whole time, but when I do I know it'll smear the design... and if the jacket doesn't, the scarf will. Does anyone know of any non-smear body paint or anything I can do to make it not rub off on my costume?

~Ellie
I would suggest liquid latex. That's the best thing I've found. I use it to make my scar for my Kenshin costume and, if you do it right, it lasts ALL DAY and looks VERY REAL! It dries glossy, so I would suggest a light powder make-up over it to dull it if that's what you prefer. Also, the powder stops it from sticking to itself, which can be a problem if you're doing full body coverage. You can see the scar pretty good in this pic. You can go to Graftobian's website to find the best quality stuff. They have massive amounts of make-up and it's all professional stuff. They have it in a wide range of colors, but you can also get the white and use a latex-based paint to make it any color you need. You might even be able to find something you like better than liquid latex there. Hope this helps.

Graceria
Unread 07-27-2004, 04:08 PM   #5
LLC

Temptu. It is what was used in the X-men movies for Nightcrawler and Mystique.
LLC is offline   Reply With Quote