Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Central

Unread 12-06-2002, 09:08 PM   #1
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

For Para Para / Eurobeat fans...

It has come to my attention that Franz Tornado and Pizza (or was it Bazooka?) Girl have been scheduled to make an appearance at Anime Central in 2003. Such Para Para songs done by either or are "Bandolero Commanchero" and "Velfarre 2000." I just heard this from my friend, Kat. Has anyone else heard of this or can confirm this?

Unread 12-07-2002, 01:07 AM   #2
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Hehe *tsktsks* You know Kat is a total Para Para freak. If she says it's so, then it's so :3
Unread 12-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #3
Shashu
Cat Slime! Ya MEOW!!

Are they going to have Para Para Paradise machines at ACEN 03'?
Unread 12-08-2002, 01:05 PM   #4
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Ooh, that would be schweet to see Franz Tornado & Bazooka girl in concert If they perform ParaPara songs, you can expect audience members to be doing the routines to the songs while they're singing it.

Kat: If you read this, we should form another A-cen-ParaPara-lobby show at A-cen 2003, since i've been practicing the routines from v1-7, (still need to learn a lot, though..) so let's do it again at the con on either FR or Sat. night, ne? "Fantasista!"

Last year they had a ParaPara machine, ver. 1.0 I believe. It was good, but got extremely crowded (not to mention hot & shtinky) so hopefully they'll have another machine (or 2) and perhaps put them in a larger room next year.
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2002, 04:33 PM   #5
Shashu
Cat Slime! Ya MEOW!!

LOL ok cool thanks for info!
Unread 12-11-2002, 11:35 AM   #6
venus2869
ConMom & Miracle Worker

ACEN Game room will be larger!

Quote:
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
Last year they had a ParaPara machine, ver. 1.0 I believe. It was good, but got extremely crowded (not to mention hot & shtinky) so hopefully they'll have another machine (or 2) and perhaps put them in a larger room next year.
Well, you got your wish! Since the dealer's room will be in the convention center, more than likely, the video game room will be moved also(it's quoted as so on the website).

I say it's gonna take the place of the former dealer's hall, which was ALOT of space!
Unread 12-11-2002, 04:42 PM   #7
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

I'm ever so genki, now. *^^*
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:03 PM   #8
Shashu
Cat Slime! Ya MEOW!!

Will there be any competitions on these machines?
Unread 12-17-2002, 02:51 AM   #9
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

I'm not sure, but at cons they usually just have DDR competitions. I've yet to go to a con where they have PPP set up, and actually have competitions. The ones I've seen (at a local arcade a while ago) was to see who could do the routines the best, and that meant seeing guys & girls doing a lot of body movin' & hip-shakin'!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2002, 08:17 AM   #10
Shashu
Cat Slime! Ya MEOW!!

LOL I will just fall on the machine and make an idiot of myself trying to do freestyle!
Unread 12-17-2002, 05:09 PM   #11
Irvy
See you in Space..cowgal

Woo, para para machines! I'm have to visit my friend in annarbor more often and practice!
Unread 12-19-2002, 03:11 AM   #12
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

Yeah, Kat was saying that sh's pushing for a PPP competition, but it's gonna probably be per dance, not machine score, if she has anything to say about it - which is probably a good idea since the dances for the songs on the machine are too easy for some peeps, so you can pick your routine this way. But the machine might be there, I'd imagine as well. There's a real one at Crazy Nickle's and another in Wisconsin, plus some of the Korean versions scattered nearby here, so it's very likely they could be borrowed.

She's also trying now to organize a workshop to help train people, inspired by last Saturday at Kat and Poli's combined b-day party where the two of them got like eight guys to para for the first time. (The most amusing thing I've witnessed in a while...and it's on tape....aha, the blackmail....) Yeah, and those two are going to have some kind of 20-minute long straight through performance planned for ACen, too. They're insane, I tell you, insane...
Unread 12-19-2002, 07:21 PM   #13
Shashu
Cat Slime! Ya MEOW!!

Ouch I remember the first time I played DDR in public (speaking of embarrasing yourself) and coincidentially it was also my first time playing DDR period... Ya well a huge crowd surrounded me and I thought "Hey this looks easy!" so I stepped on and well... Never had I heard so much laughing directed at me... So just a lesson for ya kids out there, when you are trying something for the first time... Never go public!

You know what... just don't try anything new j/k
Unread 12-23-2002, 11:00 AM   #14
Troppy
That was... objectionable

*giggle* Hey Yui, don't leave me out! I'm actually the one who's doing most of the staff-badgering when it comes to the Para Para workshop. (Staff...is...so...uncooperative *twitch*) And...I missed Kat/Indira's party! I was misinformed, Lol. Indira said the date was iffy, Kat said she was going to get Indie to change it, and I heard nothing afterward...so Su-chan and I stayed home. Lol.

I still have their presents too. ;p

Last I heard, we were going to do the PP6 Special Performance at one point or another, since those are the outfits we're making...but...we need a Maki.
Troppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2002, 02:07 AM   #15
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

Haruka-chan! *^^* Nice to see you on cosplay.com! Looking forward tot he Para Para-ness in 2003!