Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-29-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

Multicolor Skin Tone?

I know there are threads about changing skin color, but I haven't seen anything answering my particular question.

I'm going to be cosplaying as Wrath from Fullmetal Alchemist, and it's an important plot point that one of his arms and one of his legs are a different color (tanner) than the rest of his body. And I'm sorry, but I am NOT going to self-tan one arm and one leg only.

Should I do it with foundation or what? I'm really quite pale, how much darker makeup should I buy? (I have access to Ben Nye at a local theatrical supply store.) And for a darker patch of skin on the darker areas, how much darker should I go for that?

Unread 07-29-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
archangeli
~ Ich bin da. ~

There's no problem with tanning one side only...
When you're done the cosplay tan the other side

and since self tanners fade in about a week you'll be back to normal in no time flat...
Unread 07-29-2004, 09:41 PM   #3
Kokuu
Armed and Dangerous

I'm not familiar with this character, but how much darker do you need to go? If you go to your local theatrical makeup store, you should be able to try out the different colors, until you find the colors that works for you. Make sure you have lots of loose powder to seal the makeup, otherwise you'll find makeup all over your costume.
Kokuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
Wakusei
Kaizoku no Oujisama

Is it just the arm and leg? I'm unfamiliar with the character. If it is just the arm and leg you could always take some pantyhose. Use one leg and make a sleeve from the other. This would probably look better with a glove, but it will give you the effect without any make-up.
Wakusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2004, 11:31 PM   #5
China-Lilly

Self-tanners tend to fade in about 3-5 days unless you reapply. If you use a scrub (or just bi-carb soda mixed with some Cetaphil) in the shower, you'll help it fade faster.

Pantyhose - if you get quite a thin denier - would be an easy option. Just cut one of the legs off at the thigh. And then you could opt for makeup on the arm. It's just with makeup you risk it rubbing off onto clothing.
China-Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote