Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-06-2004, 11:16 PM   #31
Kairi G
*shiny*

wow, awesome TwiliteSea! very helpful! im sure many gunner cosplayers will be happy campers thanks to those pics!
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #32
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

now that's HELLA nice!!! dang girl you got some skills!!
♥◌°
Chibi Plush Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2004, 12:49 AM   #33
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

SWEET.

Thank you. I was going to make instructions how to make different outfits and post them. This really helps.
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2004, 03:48 PM   #34
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

Now does anyone know how to design patterns for those? That's why I'm completely lost... >.<
♥◌°
Unread 08-07-2004, 06:11 PM   #35
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

For which one, Y R, or P?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Plush Toy
Now does anyone know how to design patterns for those? That's why I'm completely lost... >.<
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Unread 08-07-2004, 07:01 PM   #36
TwiliteSea
More active on ACP.

I'm no good with patterns...I just provide the designs ._.
Yuna's design, speaking of which, I won't draw, since there's enough references of her costume already...Same will go for Rikku's Thief and Paine's Warrior.
Unread 08-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #37
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

TwiliteSea - Okay but thanks ^_^
Yunalesca - Yuna
♥◌°
Unread 08-07-2004, 08:11 PM   #38
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

It's more altering slightly and finding patterns is the problem for Yuna.

For her shirt, the probelm isnt' the patterns, but the fabric. The top is flat fabric, while the bottom is either ribbed or gathered.

The only halter pattern I found that worked for Yuna is sold by Kwiksew. It has a wid enck instead of a thin one. This alows you to cut out the triangle. last I checked they had boyshorts and tap pants too.

I reccomend getting a pattern for a sweatshirt because hte hoods on those have drawstrings.

For the skirt, any side skirt should do. Something more flared will give in a more flowy look and cover the leg better.

Quote:
TwiliteSea - Okay but thanks ^_^
Yunalesca - Yuna
Unread 08-07-2004, 08:29 PM   #39
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

Hmm...triangular pattern...I didn't think of that. Double thanks!!

holy crap i just sewed on my lace...:\

IT LOOKS LIKE A FRICKIN TUTU!!!! *wails*
♥◌°

Last edited by Chibi Plush Toy : 08-07-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Unread 08-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #40
apathyinspades

Quote:
Hmm...triangular pattern...I didn't think of that. Double thanks!!

holy crap i just sewed on my lace...:\

IT LOOKS LIKE A FRICKIN TUTU!!!! *wails*
Oh No!!! It will end up looking like a tutu if the lace is gathered along the top edge. Basically, the lace needs to be flat. If you can, use a stitchripper to very, very carefully take the lace back off. On your strip of lace, there is most likely a band on one edge that hold the ruffles in place. Get rid of that band. If the lace is still all pouffey, I recommend ironing it. Just use a pressing cloth over the lace so that you don't melt it or something.
Here's a link to a pic of the lace I used (I dyed it pink, though). It was flat, and that made things much easier.
http://www.geocities.com/mandascosplay/pinklace.jpg
Also, it's not a bad idea to avoid stretching the white fabric when you sew the lace on. The fabric I used was sort of "ridgey", and it stretched quite a bit. I had to start over, and more or less CRAM those ridges together so that it wouldn't flare out tutu-style.
Good luck! And you could always be "Ballerina Yuna"!
Unread 08-09-2004, 02:30 PM   #41
Chibi Plush Toy
KTBSPA24-7

>.< that was not funny..... and even more problems came along with the stupid Sideskirt...anyone know where to get those dyes?
♥◌°
Unread 08-09-2004, 03:14 PM   #42
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiliteSea
Hey, its no problem ^^
Ugh....been coloring in Paine's Gunner on the computer for the past 5 hours....Next time, I'll use colored pencils and then scan the pics..

EDIT: Wooo.....Paine's Gunner is done. I didn't color in the boot or draw the boots from the back view because people should know what boots look like from the back <_<

TwiliteSea, you are my new favorite person! ^_~

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 08:51 PM   #43
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Quote:
>.< that was not funny..... and even more problems came along with the stupid Sideskirt...anyone know where to get those dyes?
Places like JoAnn Fabrics sell fabric dye. I used RIT dye for my Yuna sleeves. Only thing is, if you bought dark fabric and are dying it lighter it's going to take awhile to dye it. So, save yourself the trouble and if you haven't bought fabric buy it a really light blue or white.

I painted the dye on my Yuna sleeves and then used my hands to spread the dye around. I found rubbing the fabric between my hands at the tips gave it a really nice gradient and spread the dye in evenly. Once there's no chance for dripping (believe me, it will drip and it will be BAD, so let it dry a little before this) hang the fabric upside down. If it does drip, use bleach. It took me about half an hour of scrubbing to get dye dripping out of my sleeves. With blue fabric...that might ruin it though.
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2004, 07:59 AM   #44
Kairi G
*shiny*

yea just use rit dye, you can even get it at places like Wallmart and the instructions are very self explanitory.
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2004, 09:03 AM   #45
taryn
The Cat's Meow

Guns

Anyone know where I might purchase Yuna's guns? Or something that looks like them atleast?
taryn is offline   Reply With Quote