Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-19-2004, 02:00 PM   #61
TwiliteSea
More active on ACP.

Correct, Maryssa. Rikku's gun is almost half the size of Yuna's gun.
Looks pretty much like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rikkus gun.JPG (6.0 KB, 0 views)

Unread 08-20-2004, 08:59 AM   #62
Kairi G
*shiny*

ah, my mistake, its paine's that is the same. oh well watever. You could prolly sculpt those out of foam easily. or carve them out of a light wood, however i would go with foam, that big pink kind that is really dense but light.
Kairi G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2004, 02:27 PM   #63
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

I thought Paine's gusn were a bit longer than Yuna's... that sounds so wrong after six hours of sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi G
ah, my mistake, its paine's that is the same. oh well watever. You could prolly sculpt those out of foam easily. or carve them out of a light wood, however i would go with foam, that big pink kind that is really dense but light.
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #64
TwiliteSea
More active on ACP.

Paine's gun does seem a bit longer than Yuna's. And Paine only carries one gun, not two.
Unread 08-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #65
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

You could probably buy a similar looking plastic gun and just paint it the right color. The details could be added using clay and hot glue guns (those are my best friend). And plastic toy guns cost like nothing.
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2004, 02:18 AM   #66
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

yuna boots can be found at http://www.dream-angels.net/foot.html the people there are SO nice and their boots are beautiful. i got my boots from a thrift store in cali for $2 in perfect condition..... yhea im happy about that. but those people are perfectionists theyel make your boots perfect and no.... i don't work there.
Unread 08-21-2004, 09:03 PM   #67
Kairi G
*shiny*

We already talked about those boots on the late Yuna thread. That is a complete waste of money.....they are not accurate. And $85 for those things??? I paid $15 for something much more accurate at BonTon. They dont even come with the White laces, you buy them for an extra $5! so they are $90 plus shipping, and those boots are hardly worth that much money. I assure all of you that the style of boots Yuna wears is not hard to find as long as you look! and looking online is not always your best bet.
Unread 08-26-2004, 10:28 PM   #68
Senda
V-1uhhh!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiliteSea
Hello there, Gunners!
This has nothing to do with me cosplaying as a Gunner in anyway. But as a way to help reduce the confusion of what the Yu-Ri-Pa Gunner outfits look like from all angles, I am happy to say that I will be drawing the designs[meaning all angles] of the Gunners, and ALL other dressphere classes, and posting them up in their appropriate topics.
Hopefully this is allowed...I am helping fellow cosplayers, afterall.
For the Gunner class, I only have Rikku's design done. Hopefully today I will have Yuna's and Paine's done today. I will post all three when I am done, but here's an example of the Rikku one anyway.
The boots and leather bracelet aren't colored in. But the colors of those are self explanatory. And I will be adding the extra bracelet she has later.
Well, since I'm doing a costume of a gunner, all I can say is THANKYOU!!!
Unread 08-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #69
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

I've finally figured out how to "gather" the 3 tiers of Yuna's gunner skirt.
I'm having trouble figuring out how to attach the 3 tiers together without ruining the gathers, though. Every time I try to sew the gathered top of one tier to the loose bottom part of the next tier, it ruins the look up the upper tier! >_<
From the looks of some people's skirts in the galleries, is it easier to just sew the tiers all together while flat, and then just gather the top layer of the skirt, and have the others fall into place just from that? It makes each tier a bit less gathered-looking than the one above it, though, but that would be fine since my costume is already sadly inaccurate >_< I just don't want to go even more inaccurate by making the skirt fall totally flat.

Any tips are appreciated!

<---- I'm the dinosaur, not the dude.
KittyCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2004, 10:45 PM   #70
Kairi G
*shiny*

what you can do is gather the lower tiers to be the size of the ungathered edge of the tier above it... if that makes any sense.... good luck on it... i hope that helps.
Unread 09-01-2004, 04:35 AM   #71
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Well, I did that, but I think I'm sewing them together all wrong or something. Sewing the gathered edge of one tier to the ungathered edge of the next highter tier makes the ungathered edge all flatten out and lose any left-over gather it had from it's own top edge being gatherd.
I think I'll just have to experiment a bit more! ^_^ I've never worked with anything gathered before! ^_^

Unread 09-01-2004, 06:44 AM   #72
apathyinspades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taipa
Well, I did that, but I think I'm sewing them together all wrong or something. Sewing the gathered edge of one tier to the ungathered edge of the next highter tier makes the ungathered edge all flatten out and lose any left-over gather it had from it's own top edge being gatherd.
I think I'll just have to experiment a bit more! ^_^ I've never worked with anything gathered before! ^_^
I stay-stitched the gathering. Basically, this is what will work, but it takes a while. 2 cm away from the top-edge, stitch 2 parallel lines, about 1 cm apart. You should have a medium stitch length. Use these 2 lines of stitching to gather by gently pulling-up the bobbin thread. When you have gathered the right amount and "eased", that is, made the gathers even, tie knots in the threads at either end to secure. Next, put your machine on a zig-zag stitch. Carefully and slowly sew with the zig-zag *between* the two lines of stitching that you used to gather with (you may even have to lower the presser-foot tension to avoid "ironing" out the gathers with the presser-foot). This will secure the gathers in place quite well. Now you're ready to affix the panel to your skirt. I have found that this is the only way to sew something gathered to something non-gathered.
Hope that helps!
Unread 09-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #73
Kairi G
*shiny*

yea thats right..... you will want to set the gathers in place first. thanks apathyinspades for that advice. a very good explanation of how to do it! hmmm i really want to make a gunner side skirt.....not the rest of the costume....just the side skirt........ i have all the lace and stuff.

which btw......i have some tan suade fringe that im not using and would sell to someone looking for some for the little pouch thing she has. i also have tons and tons of wide white lace like that on the skirt.....pm me if you care...
Unread 09-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #74
KittyCanuck
Ph.D. in Horribleness

Quote:
Originally Posted by apathyinspades
I stay-stitched the gathering. Basically, this is what will work, but it takes a while. 2 cm away from the top-edge, stitch 2 parallel lines, about 1 cm apart. You should have a medium stitch length. Use these 2 lines of stitching to gather by gently pulling-up the bobbin thread. When you have gathered the right amount and "eased", that is, made the gathers even, tie knots in the threads at either end to secure. Next, put your machine on a zig-zag stitch. Carefully and slowly sew with the zig-zag *between* the two lines of stitching that you used to gather with (you may even have to lower the presser-foot tension to avoid "ironing" out the gathers with the presser-foot). This will secure the gathers in place quite well. Now you're ready to affix the panel to your skirt. I have found that this is the only way to sew something gathered to something non-gathered.
Hope that helps!
Wow! That's a very detailed explaination, thank you! I'll definately try that when I get back from Dragon*Con!

Unread 09-04-2004, 02:26 PM   #75
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

Ok, I was looking at a picture I scribbled and at TwiliteSea's very helpful drawing, but since I couldn't find any screencaps or anything I just want to double check with you fine people: Paine DOES NOT have studs on the back of her garters like she does in the front, right? I didn't see them it what either I or TwiliteSea drew, but it seems odd to me that she wouldn't. I don't know, maybe I'm hung up on symmetry or something.

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote