Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Street Fighter

Unread 07-31-2004, 05:58 PM   #1
Aleathia Burns
Even Crazier in person!!!

Smile Chun-li's hair pieces and braceltes.

Hey fellow cosplayers YunaBrat here and I am thinking about doing a Chun-li cosplay, but I have to know where and how can I make those two white hair pieces on her head? Or where can I purchase them? I really would love to make this costume, but I have always dreaded those two hair pieces. Also those dreaed bracelets are another dilema too. I wonder can they be easyly made or bought? I am up for any advise guys.
Aleathia Burns is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2004, 12:50 AM   #2
KuroBara
dog of the military

Are you talking about the bun covers? I recently made one for another costume and thought it was pretty simple, just took a bit of problem-solving. I cut two circles out of fabric ~10" in diameter. (This will change depending on the size you want, experiment a little. I sewed the two together near the edges, left a small opening, turned it inside-out and stitched the opening shut. Now I had a finished seam around the edge. At this point you'll have a fabric pancake.

Decide how far from the edge you want the casing. Stitch a circle. Stitch a second circle inside of that slightly wider then your elastic. Now you have a pancake with 2 concentric rings.

Cut a small slit through one of the fabric layers within the casing. Attach a safety pin to the end of the elastic. Thread elastic through casing, pull to gather. Sew ends of elastic together, then stitch the casing shut. Flip inside out and voila! You have a bun cover.
Unread 08-01-2004, 03:12 AM   #3
Raiderbabe
The UK's Southern Belle

that sounded complicated!!
Raiderbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 05:29 AM   #4
megumibish
I should be drawing Yaoi.

For a quicker easier method and easier to fit to your hair just place the make the circle as she instructed but skip the part about sewing the extra encasing for the elastic. Just get some white nondamage hair holders(sans the metal part). Place The circle over the bun and snap on the hair holder to hold it in place. Then tie the ribbon about it.

For the bracers as I'll dub them you could make them by paperclay or the like. Maybe find some foam in a circle you can fit easily over your wrist and build onto it. Or you can go the insane route and sew them. It's not terribly hard to do.
That or I also do commissions. ^_^
Unread 08-01-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
Solairis
MaigO

Quote:
Originally Posted by megumibish
For a quicker easier method and easier to fit to your hair just place the make the circle as she instructed but skip the part about sewing the extra encasing for the elastic. Just get some white nondamage hair holders(sans the metal part). Place The circle over the bun and snap on the hair holder to hold it in place. Then tie the ribbon about it.

For the bracers as I'll dub them you could make them by paperclay or the like. Maybe find some foam in a circle you can fit easily over your wrist and build onto it. Or you can go the insane route and sew them. It's not terribly hard to do.
That or I also do commissions. ^_^

I actually did that ^^ I used a styrofoam base, covered in paperclay, and made the spikey things out of metallic look sculpey, and super glued them on, it worked out quite well !
Human Luna - 5%
И волки сыты и овцы целы!
風のとおりみ chi........
Solairis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
mitylene
Cosplay crazy

Yeah as everyone mentioned the bun covers aren't that hard at all. I recently made a chun li costume. You just cut out two big white circles, I used to scrunchies to make my hair bun bigger since I don't ahve that much hair, covered them with the white covers, held them down with white hair ties, and then tied white ribbon on them.

My bracers are kind of ghetto. I got black pipe insulating from home depot and hot glued/taped white foam spikes to them.

good luck!
mitylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
Aleathia Burns
Even Crazier in person!!!

Thanks a bunch guys I will try my best!!!!
Aleathia Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #8
Raiderbabe
The UK's Southern Belle

yeah the last bun covers idea didnt sound too hard!

also i will check out my local d.i.y. store for foam ect.....

any more info on the commissions?
Raiderbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2004, 03:00 PM   #9
KuroBara
dog of the military

Oops, I make things sound too complicated! My bun covers aren't being covered with ribbon, so I couldn't use the hairtie shortcut. Really, they're simple, I just suck at explaining ^_~
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
NekoGoddess
I'm one hell of a Neko

Could some post pictures of how to do it? I follow so much better with pictures lol.
NekoGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
nyla130

Hope it worked out okay
Seems like everyone gave you plenty of info
nyla130 is offline   Reply With Quote