Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > SNK

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2004, 12:51 AM   #1
S3FilmsR3x
Shake Well Before Usage

Help for costumes in King of Fighters fan film

My buddies and I from S3 Films are working on a movie based on the King of Fighters games. The movie is an all-out parody of fighting games (and other trends in gaming), and is an alternate story retelling of KOF '99. It is called Quiz of Fighters '99: Neo Dream Match Millenium. We really need help with our costumes. I have no idea how to make a good, true to the game costume. Instead of winging it, I decided to turn to professionals for help. Whoever helps gets their names in the credits of the movie under "Costume Design". I need plans or tips for
Kyo
Iori
K'
Krizalid
Yuri
Benimaru (Is it even possible to get someone's hair like that?)
Whip
Terry
Andy
Joe
Mai
King
Blue Mary
Athena
Sie Kensou
Chin
Ryo
Robert
Takuma
Chin
Choi
Shingo
Duck King

Any help would be appreciated. This thing's almost ready to film and we're shooting for the final cut to be around 80 minutes long and on DVD & VHS by December, so we can start working on our Splatterhouse movie (Due to copyright law we can't have it called Splatterhouse, so it will be Splattermansion).
S3FilmsR3x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2004, 01:13 AM   #2
Skyline Kyo
Elysiam.org

Wow, that does sound cool! Good luck with that!

If you have lots of money to spare, then I would recommend www.cospa.com

It takes some navigating but they do sell awesome costumes. They do sell SNK costumes (that's where I got the Kyo 99+ outfit from). They do ship to the U.S. very fast as well. Here's the really long link for the exact part of the site:
http://www.cospa.com/cgi-bin/netshop...85%81%5B%83%80

Renegade Pocky and Michi on the message boards here will know a lot more regarding making the costumes.
Skyline Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 02:24 AM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I can surely help with figuring out details and putting things together. It's good that KOF doesn't really feature any overly elaborate costumes, heh. I've done a few KOF costumes, and my KOF/SNK fangirlness makes me quite anal about the correct details on KOF related things. >D You have to be a bit more specific on what "plans" and "tips" you want, though. :P Send me a PM, I suppose?

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 02:46 AM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

He isn't casting, Ziggy. He's asking for costume help. I think it was okay where it was. =/

Unread 08-01-2004, 02:53 AM   #5
Yumeko
20 years sewing strong

Well considering your timetable I'd be willing to make some of the costumes for you...PM me so we can set up a time to talk more in detail

"Either you do or you don't. There is no try" Yoda
~~~~~*~~~~~
OniNeko.Net
Specializing in Costumes and Cosplay Commissions for all ages and sizes
My Work Blog
A running commentary of all my projects (Updated: constantly)
My Gallery
Photographs of all my work
Yumeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 04:02 PM   #6
S3FilmsR3x
Shake Well Before Usage

Wow, I'm a spammer! This will be a good story to tell in the locker room...
Unread 08-03-2004, 11:18 PM   #7
S3FilmsR3x
Shake Well Before Usage

Unhappy KOF Movie- Possible Death Blow to Production

I just kind of had a little fight with another bigwig at our movie studio and I just up and quit the studio. I'm no longer involved with QOF'99 or our Splatterhouse movie or anything, for now... I'm in odd negotiations as we speak with the two other main guys.
Unread 08-04-2004, 02:47 PM   #8
cactusmomma
Let's play!

I can help with any of King's garb...and out of curiousity, where are you from? Maybe there's some local people who could help too
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #9
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm sorry that happened, S3FilmsR3x. =/ It was a good idea, anyway.. So they're still going through with it? Is anyone else from your group on this board?

Unread 08-04-2004, 10:59 PM   #10
S3FilmsR3x
Shake Well Before Usage

Yeah, it sucks... I'm very guilt-ridden about leaving, and I feel like I've let everyone else in the group down (I could've easily kicked the other guy out, but he's been in the studio since day one, and he's practically my brother, so I'd feel even more guilty than I do now), but now I can spend the money I get working on other, more important things, like import games. Nobody from S3 Films is on the board, and they'd kill me if they knew I was here (They make fun of me all the time for being a hardcore otaku/fighting gamer, and they like to make fun of cosplayers), but I'm not even sure if they're going to go through with it. Part of the Anti-Rex rant was that I think i'm "fricking Speilberg and I want to create visual masterpieces but fail horribly", so I doubt that they'll put out anything other than Jackass videos.
Unread 08-05-2004, 02:10 AM   #11
cactusmomma
Let's play!

Off topic sorta...can I come and kick their asses in civvies then?
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
Unread 08-05-2004, 02:13 AM   #12
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

^^; Geh. If everyone else on the staff makes fun of cosplayers and hardcore gamers (something I am! both, even!)... I don't think I want to help them. XD; Oh well. n.n

Unread 08-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #13
S3FilmsR3x
Shake Well Before Usage

Well, with the making fun of me because I'm a hardcore gamer/otaku I think that's only because I'm the only one who lives and breathes games and anime in our little social group, but the cosplayer thing... it's really not their fault. We've all be raised in South TX, where dressing up if it's not Halloween will get you jumped by drunken wannabe-cowboys, so cosplaying's pretty much frowned upon.
Unread 08-05-2004, 11:31 PM   #14
cactusmomma
Let's play!

They can suffer my saddle shoe up their 10 gallon hat if that be the case *nod*
Unread 08-13-2004, 10:46 PM   #15
S3FilmsR3x
Shake Well Before Usage

Well... Quiz of Fighters is probably going to be made. It took awhile, but all the other guys in S3 Films just kinda dropped it after I left. Me, this other guy from S3 Films, and a few other guys we know that weren't involved or had minimal involvement in the studio are now making a documentary about how crummy our school is. We just started filming today after school... as far as I know nothing similar to our project has been attempted on the same scale as ours... you'd think that Bryce (the other S3 Films guy) and Matt (this friend of mine who's very much into anime and gaming) are wanting to go to a film fest with this thing, they're getting super hardcore into making it. If our whole town dosen't hate us after making this movie then QOF will be made, and if they do hate us then we're uber-screwed. A trailer should be finished for the documentary sometime in September (a link to it will be put on my blog, with all other information on the movie as well as behind the scenes crap).