Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

Unread 08-02-2004, 01:57 AM   #1
Anna
Still Alive

Talking Fort Worth cosplay picnic

Me and my friends have kinda been thinking about planning a cosplay picnic in downtown Fort Worth Texas sometime in spring next year. Catering won't be a problem(My Mom has alot of good friends at Risky's and a pizza place somewhere) it's just a exact location and a time that's the problem. I was wondering if anybody would like too attend or help plan. Wev'e kinda been thinking about the park by the zoo. Because it's very scenic and not very crowded. Ideas for activities would be appreciated too.

Last edited by Anna : 08-02-2004 at 03:55 AM.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
lysariala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna
Me and my friends have kinda been thinking about planning a cosplay picnic in downtown Fort Worth Texas sometime in spring next year. Catering won't be a problem(My Mom has alot of good friends at Risky's and a pizza place somewhere) it's just a exact location and a time that's the problem. I was wondering if anybody would like too attend or help plan. Wev'e kinda been thinking about the park by the zoo. Because it's very scenic and not very crowded. Ideas for activities would be appreciated too.
sounds interesting, keep us updated, i live in arlington, so somewhere near say the botanical gardens michg be nice. or maybe trinity park?
Unread 08-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
Anna
Still Alive

I'm probably going too check out the parks next week. Right now though it's more than likely going too be in Trinity park. Me and my friends are going to get together tommorow and decide on a date. I'm probably going too put my friend lindzy in charge of activities. She's a party animal.
Unread 08-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
basiik

I'd love to help, maybe.... flyers... or art for the event. I draw lots. You could ask to see some examples of my work. Not that I know if picnics use flyers, but I've never attended or helped with one of these before. There are several wonderful places in Dallas, I'm sure. There's White Rock Lake area, there's Joe Pool Lake... but wait. Lakes don't matter.

I feel sorry for the kids who happen to be at the park celebrating their birthdays when we're there. :3
basiik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2004, 11:23 PM   #5
Anna
Still Alive

It's going too be in Fort Worth. Trinity park (across the street from the botanical gardens) Were still considering an EXACT date but were thinking sometime in march.
Unread 08-04-2004, 12:35 AM   #6
basiik

Wish I could drag my boyfriend. He'll laugh at me for attending or participating, either way. Well, goes to show who's cool! :3 Actually, he'll probably be my ride and sit around being anti social. Ah, well, the more the merrier.

I'll be sure to let school kids know about it when dates and locations are finalized. They'd love the idea.
basiik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2004, 12:44 AM   #7
Anna
Still Alive

*looks at all the Texas cons* *looks at calender* How does March the 12th sound?
Unread 08-05-2004, 07:46 PM   #8
Anna
Still Alive

Update!(sorry double post)
It will be held March the 12 2005 in Trinity park. Food will consist of Pizza, Barbeque, and cake. Activities and fee's(if there are any) are still being decided . My older Brother will be incharge of security( I might request other people's help depending on how many people come). And Kibo no Hikari will be incharge of organizing music.People are welcome to bring food AS LONG AS (if they make it themselves) have a card with all the ingredients listed with the thing they brought(please make the wrting clear) Coming in costume isn't required but it would be nice if you do(It's okay though if you don't) If you feel the urge to bring a prop DON'T BRING ANY METAL PROPS! The picnic will begin at
12:00 PM. This will be a good chance for anybody in the Fort Worth/Dallas area to get to meet other Cosplayer's!

another update-No fees food's free .^_~

Last edited by Anna : 08-06-2004 at 10:26 PM.