Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-04-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
Apsara
all around bum..

White face

Yes, I waited for quite awhile after putting my question in with everyone else who wanted to know how to do white face make up in the Jrock area. No one answered. So I'm making a new topic...and this really ought to be put into the sticky thread "Frequently Asked Questions" up there since I doubt I'll be the last to ask.

http://images.cosplay.com/photo.php...ion=117&u=1-190

Can any of you guess what this cosplayer (Kabuki Boy I believe) has on or even how he did it so perfectly? If you don't, do you know his email or any way of contacting him? This is exactly the even, matte white I need. My natural skintone is a caramel hue with a distinct orange/yellow/pink undertone. I need the make up to cover my face, ears, behind the eyers, and entire neck and make it completely white.

Why doesn't the other threads help me? As I said before, no one answered, but also because I'd rather not have several different suggestions (I've read them all already). I just want to know exactly what brand he's using on his face. That's it. That is all.

If none of you can help me out with this either, then if you have used whatever method has been described in the various threads, can you post a picture or just shout out that you have done it and the pictures are in your profile? I'll go look and if it's what I want, please don't mind me if I PM you out of the blue. But with hundreds of people on each day, yeah...I need you guys to speak up.

If you've done this but DO NOT have photos showing it somewhere on line, please don't answer. It'll just be a waste of my time and yours. Though if you know what brand Kabuki Boy is using on his face, by all means, speak up! Thank you again.

Apsara

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2004, 10:00 PM   #2
mikazuki
三日月

The link you provided does not work.
Unread 08-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I think his ID here is Kabuki...try PMing him. If you find out I wouldn't mind knowing the brand he uses either...^_^

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
YunalescaSummon
Blurple!

If you're going for all over white face, just go to any theatre store and ask around. You should get plenty of different varieties to choose from. A liquid based one should give you the coverage you need.

"Conformity is for those with no imagination."
YunalescaSummon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 05:26 AM   #5
Apsara
all around bum..

Whoa, extremely late reply. I'm very sorry! *grimacing* How frustrating. Here it is again. If it doesn't show up then I know it's not my fault this time.

http://www.images.cosplay.com/photo....=14024&u=3-190

Thank you for the info, Sarcasm-hime!

Apsara

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Unread 08-09-2004, 06:54 AM   #6
Alanna-chan
pwning ninjas since 1988

Tip: don't rely on pressed-powder! *learned this the hard way*
1 Wash your face
2 use some kind of moisturizer that's not too oily
3 then cream or liquid foundation
4 and then use loose powder to set it.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two rights make a u-turn. Except in America, where you'd be on the "wrong side" of the road, because you're either "with us" or you're "against us."

~Otakon 2011 Line Up:~
*Leeloo/ The Fifth Element*
*Sailor Saturn/ Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon*
*San/ Princess Mononoke*
Alanna-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 10:42 AM   #7
enna
..:: manufactured ::..

Ok.... so where do you guys get the white foundation from?? @@ Does WHITE work beter or sould I just get something pale but with SOME color in it?
The person who needs the white face in our group is quite...... tanned....... ^_^;; And yes......... I've learned that pressed powder is a no-no (played around with it before). We need white face for Macabre Kyo's makeup.

http://www.geocities.com/toshiya_ai
enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2004, 06:53 PM   #8
*Shiva*
RED SOX FTW <3

I've wondered how to get a white face for awhile too. . . my theatre uses white face paint that's in stick form and you smear it on you skin kind of like a roll-on. It seems to work pretty well on the characters who need it, although I've never tried it myself.

2014 EVENTS: Katsucon, Anime Boston, PortCon Maine, Dragon*Con
*Shiva* is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2004, 04:13 AM   #9
Alanna-chan
pwning ninjas since 1988

manicpanic.com sells it, though it's kinda expensive, but don't go any more than a few shades lighter, so you may want to just use a pale-tan (unless you want to cover ALL exposed areas)

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two rights make a u-turn. Except in America, where you'd be on the "wrong side" of the road, because you're either "with us" or you're "against us."

~Otakon 2011 Line Up:~
*Leeloo/ The Fifth Element*
*Sailor Saturn/ Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon*
*San/ Princess Mononoke*
Alanna-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #10
Apsara
all around bum..

Aaah, what's the difference between press powder, stick, pancake and loose? You're talking to a make up virgin here. ^__^

Apsara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanna-chan
Tip: don't rely on pressed-powder! *learned this the hard way*
1 Wash your face
2 use some kind of moisturizer that's not too oily
3 then cream or liquid foundation
4 and then use loose powder to set it.

Unread 08-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #11
ike ike usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsara
Aaah, what's the difference between press powder, stick, pancake and loose? You're talking to a make up virgin here. ^__^

Apsara
Okay, so you're talking about two different things here, powder and foundation. Foundation is a type of makeup that gives maximum coverage. Generally it comes in liquid, but you can also get it in stick form, which is just what it sounds like, a stick of makeup. You rub the stick on your skin and blend it in with a sponge. Pancake makeup is generally only used for theatre or costumes, and it also gives maximum coverage. It's a dry cake of makeup that you apply with a wet makeup sponge.

Powder is what you use after applying foundation to set it, or it's used to give skin a matte look (as opposed to shiny due to skin oils). It comes in loose (powder in a container, has the consistency of flour), or pressed (comes in a compact, looks like a little cake of makeup). Either one works about the same, but pressed is less messy.
ike ike usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #12
dead pixle
insert quirky title here

It almost looks like the white make up was acctaully air brushed on.
dead pixle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2004, 09:33 PM   #13
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

another question about white makeup... the outfit i am planning on making (sae kurosawa) requires white EVERYTHING. chest. neck. face. hands. ears. how is that possible? can anyone help me? will the white on my hands rub off? i really do not want to wear gloves...
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2004, 11:21 PM   #14
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

In my experience, if you apply the white thinly it will stay on and not rub off your hands. But it won't give you a super-100%-white look. If you apply it so it completely covers your skin, it WILL rub off on whatever you touch, to some degree.

I recommend Kryolan brand Aquacolor paint....it's what I used for my Morpheus cosplay (which involved white face, neck, chest, ears and hands).

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #15
deschaos
Anime Dessinatrice

In Japan, brides traditionally do the white face, and in some cases do it on ALLLLLL exposed skin (hands and arms included). Mayhap visit a Japanese bridal supply shop?
deschaos is offline   Reply With Quote