Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > "Tales of" Series

Unread 08-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Tales of Symphonia - Collete's Overcoat/Shawl Thing

I'm currently trying to wrap my mind around Colette Brunel's overcoat/shawl thing. I have the front and the back pretty much traed out and, for the most part, patterns made up for them that I'm later going to transfer to some nice stiff whiteboard, to make it easier to cut out.
That said ... the thing that is the most confusing for me is the collar. By the pictures, you can see it's not a seperate piece. Someone suggested looking at men's coat patterns and such and adapting them but I've yet to see one that had a collar as a piece on the coat, not a piece added to the coat (hehehe, do I make sense with that?)
It's not a /huge/ collar and I never even noticed it still I started looking for sources. But ... what should I do? Just chalk it up and make the collar a seperate piece? Forget it entirely? Keep looking for a pattern?
Any help is much appreciated for this still costume n00b, believe me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg con_collete.jpg (152.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 760-37306.jpg (23.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by PepeluTivursky : 08-11-2004 at 02:33 PM.
PepeluTivursky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-12-2004, 03:26 PM   #2
liddo-chan
frogtographer

I think collar *is* a separate piece, though you could tack it to the underpiece. I could be wrong, but what makes you think it's joined? I would make it as a separate bit, like a poncho.
liddo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
PepeluTivursky
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddo-chan
I think collar *is* a separate piece, though you could tack it to the underpiece. I could be wrong, but what makes you think it's joined? I would make it as a separate bit, like a poncho.
Well ... I thought it was a joined piece on the overcoat/shawl itself ... mainly because there wasn't a noticeable seam to it. But then again, I guess a seam there wouldn't be highly noticeable.
You know, I never thought of the poncho ideal! Thanks! I had no clue what to 'term' it
Unread 08-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
liddo-chan
frogtographer

good luck make sure you post photos of your progress, or at least the final result!
liddo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2004, 02:15 AM   #5
Quantum9
Janitor of Crystal Tokyo

Just a question...where did you find those body sketches like the first one? I've been looking for one for Regal for a while...

UPDATE: Nevermind, found them at the official site of all places X_X; Me = Idiot.

Last edited by Quantum9 : 08-26-2004 at 02:23 AM.
Quantum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2004, 12:07 PM   #6
Miaka No Baka
All Haro belong to me!

looks like a poncho to me. In order to keep it stable and not moving around you can sew some snaps to the under dress and sew them to the underside of the poncho at the top portion so it looks still separate and flowy but yet doesn't shift around while you are wearing it.

Quantum9, they also have an artbook at most japanese book stores. I just picked it up. It's nothing BUT character sketches and design sheets. It even does the whole little close up of the hands, what the underneath looks like, etc etc...

Miaka no Baka
Miaka No Baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #7
Yuki-cyan
FF7 fan in denial...

Lightbulb Pattern help...

Hmm...I know friend, Katt, who helping me with my group costumes.(sorry FF7, not TOS...but I plan to soon!) He making Aerith's vest thingy without pattern(yeah, he took sewing/textile extreme course @ college).
If like, I can ask if he has any good idea for pattern. I hope some help...at least glad to help. ^-^=
BTW, what you plan to use for ex-spheres?? I want to make TOS group later too!! ^.'
Yuki-cyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Jaquii
Screen behind the mirror

Just a note about the collar thing: it defenately looks like a separate piece to me. It almost looks as though it's fused with her skin. At least for the ruby-looking pieces, you may want to glue them onto your body and/or create a very fitted necklace. I know that's what I'll be doing with my Collet costume ^_^
Jaquii is offline   Reply With Quote