Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 12-10-2002, 08:33 PM   #1
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Mortal Kombat V

I've heard from several fighting game buffs that MKV has more depth and actually good gameplay. I haven't played it yet.

I have heard that there are no common pokes and no two characters play the same way. It also has 3 fighting stances that open new combo possibilities that are interchangable in a single match. This game sounds to good to be true.

To those who have played it what did you think? I hated all the MK games but thought MKII was almost decent but from what my friend says this game starts the story over to the way it was inteneded.

FRom,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2002, 06:52 AM   #2
psythe

I have played them since MK1 and was a big fan until they made 4 which was absolutely horrible. MK5 is actually called MK Deadly Alliance cause it's a much different game altogether. You have your basic grab the controller and fight a friend type mode with 10 characters and 10 unlockable characters.

This is where it is different, how to unlock all the characters. There is a mode called Konquest mode, which doubles as a training mode for each character. For each mission you complete you get money, with this money you can unlock coffins in the crypt....there are 676 coffins and I am still opening them. You can get things like characters, alt. outfits and such, funny extras, etc. Plus you are learning moves and combos for each character along the way.

The style changes are great with each character having two hand-to-hand styles and one weapon style. The combo system is vintage MK button sequence, but with the added twist of switching styles in between. So you can very well have a three style branch combo. Combo's are not one hit kills though I have yet to see a combo over 33% and that is VERY rare. Battles can be lengthy between two experienced players and there are usually alot of "OH DAMN" comments to amazing hits that just look over the top

It is an EXCELLENT game and I highly reccomend it for anyone itching to get a new fighting game.

...Oh yeah, and there are Fatalities as well

Last edited by psythe : 12-11-2002 at 06:54 AM.
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

A friend of mine has this for the X-Box and he loves it.

Shinigami Photos
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 09:53 AM   #4
Rey-Rey
Cause And Effect

I've seen it and played it for a bit and, I must say, this is probably the best MK yet. The Mortal Kombat series, in my opinion, was good but not GREAT but MKV definitely boosts it up. Plus with better graphics, the fatalities look... gory as ever. =O
Unread 12-12-2002, 03:13 PM   #5
3-D

I thought it was pretty and neat to watch, but the animation was still a bit stiff on the characters. Still, I thought "This looks fun to play" because it had a lot more depth, etc... I hated the controls after 10 minutes. Timing felt all goofy, and the animation reached a point where its stiff jerkiness annoyed me. It's an improvement, and a step in the right direction for the series, but the controls totally turned me off to it as they felt VERY sloppy. Oh well. Maybe next game...
3-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 09:08 PM   #6
Yautja834
Everybody dance!!!

i havent played it yet, but i think ill give it a shot. unless someone can convince me that bounty hunter is better...
Yautja834 is offline   Reply With Quote