Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 08-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #1
katabulous
Palace of Justice!
 
katabulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 197
Unhappy Shiney, Puffy, Sweaty cheeks? ;/

So; after getting con photos back from Otakon this year,
I've come upon the sad realization that my cheeks, nose, and forehead are super shiney, my cheeks are puffy, and even when I'm comfortable and cool.. my cheeks are super duper rosey. (check out my cosplay pics and see.)


Otakon IS in the summer, so you'd expect SOME sweating.... but I ALWAYS look sweaty. I'd look sweaty in Antartica. ;( My cheeks are always puffy as well, unless I drink like 12 gallons a day, but I really can't stand constant bathroom breaks. x.x


Help Me? ;(
katabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
ShatteredSunset
The Triad
 
ShatteredSunset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 271
First off, you make a very kawaii Dizzy. Secondly, the pictures don't seem so bad-- for the rosiness and such, a good foundation (and powder will stop the shiny) And your cheeks don't look puffy to me. Also, if you find your face is shiny, it's probably from oil-- Perhaps get a face soap specifically for your kind of skin?

Just suggestions. Good luck.
__________________
Feed me.
ShatteredSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2004, 07:16 PM   #3
katabulous
Palace of Justice!
 
katabulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredSunset
First off, you make a very kawaii Dizzy. Secondly, the pictures don't seem so bad-- for the rosiness and such, a good foundation (and powder will stop the shiny) And your cheeks don't look puffy to me. Also, if you find your face is shiny, it's probably from oil-- Perhaps get a face soap specifically for your kind of skin?

Just suggestions. Good luck.

Thanks! ^^

It's not so much that my cheeks are puffy;
I just get a lot of under-eye puffiness. :/
katabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2004, 08:52 PM   #4
ShatteredSunset
The Triad
 
ShatteredSunset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 271
Teabags! They say it does wonders, I've never tried it. There are ways to neutralize and hide shadows that are gone into more in depth on other threads though. Good luck!
__________________
Feed me.
ShatteredSunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2004, 10:04 PM   #5
katabulous
Palace of Justice!
 
katabulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredSunset
Teabags! They say it does wonders, I've never tried it. There are ways to neutralize and hide shadows that are gone into more in depth on other threads though. Good luck!

I've tried tea bags before; but I usually never really have much time.
Plus they never really worked too effectively.
Perhaps it's time for me to search the other threads. x.x
katabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2004, 07:08 PM   #6
China-Lilly
Registered User
 
China-Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 78
Your cheeks don't seem puffy to me either.

For shininess - try a t-zone mattifier such as Chanel T-mat (or cheap 'ol milk of magnesia from a drugstore applied with a cotton ball). This step should go on first before anything else on your face. Touch-up with powder (MAC Blot powder is a good one) as any sheen on the skin in real life will look like oiliness in photos. Touching-up is important!

For under-eye puffiness - A lot of people like teabags (rosehip). I like Origin's No Puffery Eye Mask, but both have very temporary effects (they feel nice though). If you use a concealer in that area, match or go a shade darker rather than a shade lighter than your foundation. The lighter shade of concealer will simply make that area more obvious! I'd look at getting enough sleep and cutting caffeine from your diet.

Rosy Cheeks - I don't actually think they look bad in your pics! But a foundation (or tinted moisturiser if you want sheerer) should do the trick. Just remember you need to powder the foundation down to make it last and prevent oily shine.
China-Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2004, 07:11 PM   #7
Rikkie
I'm H2O intolerant.
 
Rikkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 56
hmm yeeh I feel your pain. But my suggestion is...you can use foundation on your cheeks to cover up some blemishes if you have any. I prefer a slightly darker shade, but thats just me ^^... and once you get the color to be even, top it off with powder, since most powders can block the "shine". That's how I usually do it...hope it helps!
__________________
"Just a feeling, but I think my dad kinda likes you."
Rikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
katabulous
Palace of Justice!
 
katabulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkie
hmm yeeh I feel your pain. But my suggestion is...you can use foundation on your cheeks to cover up some blemishes if you have any. I prefer a slightly darker shade, but thats just me ^^... and once you get the color to be even, top it off with powder, since most powders can block the "shine". That's how I usually do it...hope it helps!

I actually don't really have much acne.
One pimple might've shown up on my chin during Otakon because of the massive amounts of stress; but other than that my skin's abnormally clear. I just get really sweaty and shiney a lot. ;/

I don't use foundation or concealer; but would I be able to use powders or mattifying gels w/o any make-up under or over them?
katabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2004, 01:28 AM   #9
Rikkie
I'm H2O intolerant.
 
Rikkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by katabulous
I actually don't really have much acne.
One pimple might've shown up on my chin during Otakon because of the massive amounts of stress; but other than that my skin's abnormally clear. I just get really sweaty and shiney a lot. ;/

I don't use foundation or concealer; but would I be able to use powders or mattifying gels w/o any make-up under or over them?
yeah, same here I don't get acne but sometimes my skin turns a little sweaty and reddish cause of the sun.

And yep you can. sometimes I use powder without anything else, it just helps control the shine and evens out the skin tone...there are products made especially for shine control too, like daily face scrubs..just take a look around at your nearest drugstore..=]
__________________
"Just a feeling, but I think my dad kinda likes you."
Rikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.