Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #2386
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

O0oh sounds exciting i'll definitely have to check that out then, and even if there's like one cosplay group or one cosplayer it's still fun on a bun. I gotcha yeah I've noticed over the years with Nycc anyway, that more non cosplayers and non regular con go'ers go there and parents with more kids, it's becoming less of a Fun con and more of a big media thing with all the movie companies and panels people go more for that I've also noticed from non cosplayers and first time con go'ers they seriously harass cosplayers like curse and sometimes yell if god forbid they don't take a picture with that person. Sdcc has always been that like though, I've had a few run ins with these angry people who tried to curse or harass me, i would just end up laughing at them and calling them pathetic old people. How bout you though, have you ever been in a costume and got harassed by people?
jerseydudee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #2387
Nekotin
Nekotin

I've actually haven't been! everyone is usually great to me at cons and stuff and that's probably why I miss going to one so much I dont think I've been since Last years Anime Expo in california. It's just a place for me to kinda have fun and relax with people that have similar interests. Sorry to hear that it happened to you though
Nekotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #2388
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

That's cool then, the harassment thing has only happened twice. Once at Megacon and the other at Sdcc naturally, but i hear that always happens especially at Sdcc so it was Mmmkay. I felt like a real cosplayer after that too knowing someone really wanted a pic and got mad that they couldn't get it. It was like a trail by fire or a initiation kinda sorta. Anywhorez though Anime expo i've heard of that one, it looks so freakin fun i've always wanted to go there, so are you planning on making any costumes this year? Whether it be for cons this year or next.
Unread 08-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #2389
Nekotin
Nekotin

Plans so far are America Chavez (young avengers) Gogo (big hero 6) sailor mercury (sailor moon) and A twilight sparkle lolipop chainsaw ..combo thing from lolipop chainsaw and my little pony, And then depending on what else catches my interest from now til then we just have to wait and see, how about you?
Unread 08-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #2390
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

I gotcha nice ones I know about chavez from the name you'd never think she was a character even in a comic but still totally epic. And Gogo i had to look her up, the design looks awesome too, for a second i thought the movie already came out like how does she know who she is and what she looks like. And and my little pony and lollipop chainsaw cross bread, my gawd that's gonna look amazing! And i did a minecraft full body costume I have to make slits in the elbows and knees to walk easier and get around. And after Dragoncon later this month I'm gonna start working on either a Big daddy costume or Subject Delta, with a full working drill and a sound system or something that can make the noise of a big daddy.
Unread 08-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #2391
SomeGuy22

A Big Daddy costume??? What other video games have you cosplayed?
SomeGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #2392
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

Yeah man i saw it at Dragoncon 2009 or 10 so its possible, the guy who made it sells the blueprints for $20. But I've done characters from star wars games like Jedi or enemies, and the Blue Spirit from Avatar the last airbender. How bout you though, what games have you cosplayed from?
Unread 08-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #2393
SomeGuy22

Just Metal Gear haha. I think for a while i'm gunna stick with Naked Snake from MGS3! Not only is he a funny character to do, for me it's also really easy to cosplay him haha. He has a quirky but shy personality so I fit right in xD And from now on I'm going to make my con-goal to find a carboard box so I can sneak around without anyone knowing I was there :3 And my friend is going to do Corvo from Dishonored at Castle Point!
Unread 08-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #2394
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

O0oh noice man yeah big boss snake is fun and just cosplaying as snake is even better. And so you want to sneak around a convention that would have hundreds of people in a box? That's well that's AWESOME! Roflz i could imagine a box in a corner and seeing it move around foot by foot. And the sneaky stabbing man himself Corvo that's awesome i've seen a few of them cosplayed, they were all great costumes like designed so well right down to the boot. I was looking at your pictures too, that picture of you in a box sitting down on the grass that's perfect, if we were playing hide and seek i'd never ever Evar find you. And i think i saw you at Animenext this past June, your costume looks amazing in person.
Unread 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #2395
Nekotin
Nekotin

Ah only video game character i've done is Lux from League, I play games but there arent enough girls that fit my height/face shape for me to really want to do. Though been thinking about mecromancer from Borderlands
Unread 08-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #2396
Nekotin
Nekotin

Someguy22, what part of jersey are you from?
Unread 08-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #2397
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

Coolness never played L.O.L, Pc can't handle it, it would always freeze or crash. And nice mercomancher that always looks awesome, and with the new borderlands having lady characters as main characters, you could possibly cosplay them. Also you could do male character cosplays, ladies and dudes always do cross gender stuff, and when they do it, it looks better then the actual version of the character.
Unread 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #2398
SomeGuy22

clearwater, I'm from Somerset haha AnimeNext is always held 5 mins away

jerseydudee, Yup it's really exciting haha! That's why I can't wait for Castle Point and AnimeNext again, maybe I should start a hide and seek cosplay game
Unread 08-11-2014, 01:50 PM   #2399
jerseydudee
Heeyyooooo

5 minutes away, holy tap dancing jesus aren't you a lucky cosplayer. And yeah man go for it I'd play hide and seek at a con, and the cosplayers can hide anywhere and they'd be caught in seconds, but you a box and anywhere? Pfft they'll be looking for you throughout the whole day. So aside from castle point and Animenext, what Con do you really want to go to?
Unread 08-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #2400
SomeGuy22

I'd really want to go to Otacon since I've heard there's a lot of metal gear cosplayers there... but its too far away. I've also been to NYCC but it's getting crowded and tickets are starting to sell out too quick. I'm actually looking for cons around the size of Castle Point or AnimeNext that are closer to home... Any ideas?