Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 08-18-2004, 07:05 PM   #1
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

InuYasha Movie costumes

HELLO! ^^ t3h original Inutaisho here just wanting to discuss possible cosplayers for Menomaru, Kaguya, Inutaisho, Izayoi, Takemaru, Ai, or any other character from the InuYasha movies!

I know my inutaisho isnt complete nor perfect(OMG I SOOO HAVE TO PERFECT IT!) anyway! I am going to complete my Inutaisho(and if you dont know him by that, (inuyasha/sesshoumaru)'s dad , also reffered to as Taisho-dono, Taisho-sama, Inu-daiyo, Toga, etc etc) lets just leave it at Inutaisho or Inu-papa because it's easier and it fits him ^^

ok check my gallery for a few pictures of the "base" of thew costume, i should have it totally complete by Anime Expo next year! ^^
i will also be workign on a Izayoi costume so YAY!

I have a pair of friends across the country also doing the Inutaisho/izayoi couple so im sure there's more
anyone else planning it? ^^
and any other comments would be nice too ^^
ttfn
Valerie, Ace of Pilot Fish (Pandect) 40%
HisuiKirei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

While it wouldn't be a movie character exactly, I have considered making the 3rd movie version of Sesshoumaru's costume, which would just involve making a new kimono and sash, not much work but it's a version i've never seen done. He also looks younger and his hair's shorter, did anyone else notice that? Here's a couple pics for those who haven't seen the movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fluffy3rdmovie.jpg (49.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg inupapa.jpg (45.7 KB, 0 views)
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I've got an InuTaisho costume I have been wearing since April at MTAC (pictures in my gallery). Seems like I was the first in North America to have the costume. Would be nice to see an Izayoi.

Several of the other costumes you listed have been done by Florida cosplayers.

Last edited by Hikaruchan : 08-18-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2004, 08:46 PM   #4
Masayume

I've seen one Izayoi and it's by a woman who rather annoys me and can't seem to cosplay anything else but Inuyasha but oh well x_x I'd definitely like to see a Kaguya since the second movie is my absolute favorite >^^<
Masayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2004, 01:29 AM   #5
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

AAAAAAAAAAAA I WANST THE FIRST!? *cries*
Unread 08-19-2004, 01:40 AM   #6
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masayume
I've seen one Izayoi and it's by a woman who rather annoys me and can't seem to cosplay anything else but Inuyasha but oh well x_x
Looking around, I think I see who you mean. Her kids are nice, but she gave me a death glare when I placed in a competiton & her group didn't. Not an Izayoi I would want to cosplay/get pictures with - plus I would like to see the multilayer kimono Izayoi instead of sleeping/labor kimono Iz.
Unread 08-19-2004, 01:44 AM   #7
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaruchan
Looking around, I think I see who you mean. Her kids are nice, but she gave me a death glare when I placed in a competiton & her group didn't. Not an Izayoi I would want to cosplay/get pictures with - plus I would like to see the multilayer kimono Izayoi instead of sleeping/labor kimono Iz.
thats what i was planning on! WOW!
Unread 08-19-2004, 11:13 AM   #8
Masayume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaruchan
Yea I met her at my first small anime convention (you were there by the way in the dress in your avatar o_o C-kon? unless I was imagining things), and when we talked she just went on about all she had and how she was the first one to get this or this. x_x I mean, bragging is okay, but if that's all you do that's scary. And I like 16 at the time. The need to feel big over a 16 year old? O_o

Anywho! I agree I'd like to see a more formal Izayoi, since those layered kimono from that time are hella difficult. Since there are so many layers x_x I don't know if I'll ever get around to Inuyasha cosplay, but if I ever do I want to get pictures wiff yoooou! >^^<
Masayume is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2004, 02:15 PM   #9
keri1966

Actually making the kinu (robes) isn't that difficult- especially if you do the summer version- unlined, with false layers. (the true kariginu mo was only worn by the highest nobility, and only from about 950-1100, after that even the royal family used false layers in their robes) I've made one like it, but done to fit the period color combinations. If you do the summer version it's not too heavy either. (I'd still recommend wearing it just for fall and winter cons though, because even if you use lightweight cotton like I did, the multiple layers will be hot. Be sure to add the drawstrings to the bottom of the hakama so you can draw them up to walk in. (they'll be blousy just like the men's hakama of the period was. Make the hakama out of fairly lightweight material. (the stiff modern hakama originated during the Meiji period.)
keri1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2004, 03:29 PM   #10
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri1966
Actually making the kinu (robes) isn't that difficult- especially if you do the summer version- unlined, with false layers. (the true kariginu mo was only worn by the highest nobility, and only from about 950-1100, after that even the royal family used false layers in their robes) I've made one like it, but done to fit the period color combinations. If you do the summer version it's not too heavy either. (I'd still recommend wearing it just for fall and winter cons though, because even if you use lightweight cotton like I did, the multiple layers will be hot. Be sure to add the drawstrings to the bottom of the hakama so you can draw them up to walk in. (they'll be blousy just like the men's hakama of the period was. Make the hakama out of fairly lightweight material. (the stiff modern hakama originated during the Meiji period.)
WOW! u really know your stuff! *bows*
i'll keep all that in mind! *sides* It's not ME who's going to wear this thing on stage...but my boyfriend XD
I'll be the inutaisho!
Unread 08-19-2004, 03:40 PM   #11
keri1966

Thanks! Hope to see both of you at a con in your costumes sometime.
Unread 08-19-2004, 03:46 PM   #12
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

are you going to AX?
Unread 08-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #13
keri1966

No, I pretty much stick to cons in the Southeastern US. Dragon Con will probably be my last 2004 con (went to Animazement and Otakon earlier this year)
Unread 08-20-2004, 01:02 AM   #14
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

[quote=Masayume]Yea I met her at my first small anime convention (you were there by the way in the dress in your avatar o_o C-kon? unless I was imagining things), and when we talked she just went on about all she had and how she was the first one to get this or this.[\QUOTE]

Yep, that was me at C-kon 1 - and also when I meet her. Keri1966 wore her kinu (robes) there too, if they were the right colors I could say she is my Izayoi but Iz favors pinks - maybe a new outer robe is being called for ;-) (I got that nice overly pink asian material when textile fabrics had its moving sale)

Last edited by Hikaruchan : 08-20-2004 at 01:07 AM.
Unread 08-20-2004, 01:17 PM   #15
keri1966

Are you bribing me with free fabric? I might be convinced if it's free...