Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Unread 12-11-2002, 05:35 PM   #1
Hikaru
You've got red on you.

Not sure if anyone else posted this but...Playstation 3 in Japan??!!

Some kids at my school brought in a magazine saying that work on the PS3 was nearly complete! It's suppose to be virtual reality and puts you in the actual game. Sounds cool! I didn't personally see the magazine but everyone was talking about it...Anyway, it seems like it came out way too fast, that's my only reason for thinking all those kids were lying. Fighting and shooting games would be SO cool on it! Well...I don't know what to make out of this...what do you guys think?
Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
psythe

Would be nice having a personal VR setup, but the PS3 won't be coming out in Japan until 2005. And it should boast tons of power.

Last edited by psythe : 12-12-2002 at 07:31 AM.
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2002, 07:13 PM   #3
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy

Its terms of the market it would be suicide for sony to bring out a new system when the PS2 is even close to near death yet. Also I have doubts on it being virtual reality setup. My guess is that you can hook up a VR setup, but I don't think game developers would like making purely VR games.

VR setup that puts you in the game. I hope those kids weren't thinking of like the PS9 which they had a cool commerical on. ( it was to promote PS2 );
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 07:31 AM   #4
psythe

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Vision
VR setup that puts you in the game. I hope those kids weren't thinking of like the PS9 which they had a cool commerical on. ( it was to promote PS2 );
I loved that commercial! XD!
psythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 07:38 AM   #5
3-D

Sony still can't figure out what they want the PS3 to look like I think. For a while it was like they were making announcements on a weekly basis "OK, now it's gonna use networked computing over the internet" o.o "Wait, now it's going to be a part of your toaster and your microwave and your refridgerator" o.O "No no no, now we want to make it... ummm... VR AND ABLE TO FLY." O.o

Sony's a bunch of morons that just luckily figured out how to get a video game market monopoly the first time around and is just trying their hardest to stay in gaming news so they don't lose it.
3-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:44 AM   #6
engrish

Sony does not have a monoply. They may be winning the console wars right now against X-box and Game Cube but Sony does not have complete dominence. IMO Nintendo back in it's hey days held a higher % of the market share then compared to Sony right now.

As for the play station 3 article sorry I don't buy it. Just like what someone already said it's still too early to be completed.
Unread 12-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #7
Hikaru
You've got red on you.

Yeah, I thought the Playstion 2 was winning the whole console battle. It seems Nintendo losing from all I've heard and X-Box is just...there...It would be different to have a VR in your own home, though. I bet that you would be able to play non-VR games 'cause how would platform games be done? Not in VR I hope! Besides, no one would really want a VR only game console.
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:13 PM   #8
engrish

I don't know about the VR though. It sounds really neat but I doubt the technology exists to make it economically viable, at least for now. Maybe when the PS 4 comes out they'll have it but I doubt the PS 3 will have it. Honestly I wouldn't mind playing a little bit of Final Fantasy in VR mode wooo hooo. Ohhh and how about VR on the internet! *drools*
Unread 12-12-2002, 07:13 PM   #9
liz-maru
oOcosplay crazedOo

one guy came into my work and was sayin he loved his ps3! -______- we were like umm no and he said that money buys whateva you want and he said he spent 1,000.00 on it! (yeahhhhh riiiiiiigggggghhhhhht) he was lyin sooo hard! i believe they are still in the process on makin the ps3. i read about the ps3 in some magazine to that it is pose to be awesome its like 3 ps2s put togetha. but that would be cool if it did already come out. -____- id be poorer then if so.

Last edited by liz-maru : 12-12-2002 at 07:16 PM.
liz-maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2002, 02:48 PM   #10
Hikaru
You've got red on you.

I can't wait till it comes out!
Unread 12-13-2002, 10:05 PM   #11
soshi
onna kaizoku

I am so sick of the system wars -_-;;;; PS2 is fine the way it is.

And yes, this means you.
soshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2002, 11:10 PM   #12
DJ(SiC)ness
Kyo For President

LOL PS3 ALMOST DONE HA!

thats the bigest piece of bullshit

like many of you are saying PS3 is still in production, and the only know release date is sometime in 2005, if that.
DJ(SiC)ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2002, 08:52 PM   #13
Hikaru
You've got red on you.

The kids at at my school are idiots O_o;
Unread 12-17-2002, 08:55 PM   #14
Hungryjack
Tokyo Nagaremono

PS3? Check out the PS5!!!

http://www.theonion.com/onion3847/gh...as_future.html

the Sony PlayStation 5, a 2,048-bit console featuring a 45-Ghz trinary processor, CineReal graphics booster with 2-gig biotexturing, and an RSP connector for 360-degree online-immersion play.
Unread 12-18-2002, 01:21 AM   #15
tamahomegurl
Itchy.Scratchy.Tasty.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Vision
I hope those kids weren't thinking of like the PS9 which they had a cool commerical on. ( it was to promote PS2 );
hahah!! i used to work at gamestop at the local mall and freakin adults and kids would use to ask if they can buy a ps9....

i mean, they call on the phone and would also come in person to ask!!!! ^____^ and when we tell them that there is no ps9, they would get pissed off because they think we know jack....XD

it was HILARIOUS!!!!!

...Itchy...Scratchy...Tasty...
tamahomegurl is offline   Reply With Quote