Lips: Royal Blue lip color 6 66.67%
Lips: Lip Shape could be better 5 55.56%
Foundation: White or Pale 4 44.44%
Its perfect! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-18-2004, 10:26 PM   #1
KireiX

Question Merveilles Mana Makeup Critique

Tell me guys what you think, the only improvements I see are...

Exfoliation and moisturizer: I had to do the makeup for this shoot faster than I wanted... I had to get it done in time to take some pictures outside before it got dark.

Foundation: I have been debating between a white face or a pale face. I think I am going to go with the pale face. Mana wears it that way in the lives I've seen and I think the white is mostly lighting. (Except when he has the half and half makeup (half white half pale)

Lips: Maybe a darker lipstick?

Eyes: I need to buy fake lashes of course. I should also do a better job on the eyeliner. My eyes are different so I have to sort of cheat when doing my right eye, which makes it sort of funky looking when my eyes are closed. I also need more skin showing between the eyeliner(around actual eye) and the blue faded coloring on eye socket rim.

Jewels: Of course put them on better spaced and straighter.. I was rushed. I also need to get two royal blue (one small one large) tear shaped jewels for my face (I cant find them anywhere!). I painted them on in the pictures.

Lemme know your thoughts! Thanks. Email me at Kireicars@yahoo.com or message me on AOL at Usagibuny . If you want or need to see more pictures let me know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mana-LeCiel-15.jpg (47.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg mana14.jpg (34.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Mana-LeCiel-19.jpg (40.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010092.jpg (33.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1010077.jpg (55.8 KB, 0 views)
KireiX is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
xue
hair master

maybe you should try to use a darker blue. more indigo and less aqua to the hue.
they also sell really good dark blue hair dyes in Sallys, or other hair products stores.

lovers-suicide

A-KON 2006
AX 2006

*** Costume List ***

Soubi [ Loveless ] ..... 10%
Toshiya [ CAGE ] ..... 5%

+ more to come...
xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #3
Malicious

don't forget your eyebrows!and.....hmmmm...... i suggest going a little paler....other than that wow! ur makeup's really good... even if it was rushed
Unread 08-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #4
KireiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by xue
maybe you should try to use a darker blue. more indigo and less aqua to the hue.
they also sell really good dark blue hair dyes in Sallys, or other hair products stores.
You are talking about my wig? I didnt think regular hair dyes would work on synthetic wigs.
Unread 08-20-2004, 09:46 AM   #5
xiaolong

I really like it! I think you should cover up your eyebrows with wax and paint over them to create the thin Mana-ish ones. (Or you could shave them off altogether, if that's practical)

The shade of blue you use seems fine to me. In the reference pics you provided, the shade was different each time. I think the most important part is that the blues match, and they do.

As for foundation, I would recommend pale, since it's most practical for cosplay at a con, but white if you're just doing a photoshoot. You look pale enough with foundation to pass for Mana! ^^
Unread 08-20-2004, 10:39 PM   #6
xue
hair master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KireiX
You are talking about my wig? I didnt think regular hair dyes would work on synthetic wigs.
i am not so sure that dyes work on synthetic hair.

but yeah, if the blues match, then it is good. becasue your make-up technique is amazing!

lovers-suicide

A-KON 2006
AX 2006

*** Costume List ***

Soubi [ Loveless ] ..... 10%
Toshiya [ CAGE ] ..... 5%

+ more to come...
xue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2004, 10:56 PM   #7
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

aLL IN ALL i THINK ITS GOOD. bUT i THINK IT SHOULD BE PALER. oops all caps didn't mean to do that 0_o
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2004, 01:51 AM   #8
Toshiya no Koi
Quack Quack San

I think you did a great job! ^_^ It will definately look better with the fake lashes. And pale is good, cause you don't want to be tooo white and look like a clown..hehe.
*Kashikoi~ Kikasa
Toshiya no Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2004, 02:18 PM   #9
Juu-Sama
ジュウ様

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaolong
As for foundation, I would recommend pale, since it's most practical for cosplay at a con, but white if you're just doing a photoshoot. You look pale enough with foundation to pass for Mana! ^^
YESH!!!!! in Le ciel, Mana went for the snow white face...as in....WHITE white...not his normal soft gowing white ^_^....so yeah...face has to be paler...and...yesh yesh ^_^ eyelashes needed ^_^ hehehee ^_^ as for liners...DON'T RUSH....I smudge ALL the time X_X.....even if I'm not rushing ^_^....just blend the shadows and liner a bit for a softer look...then again, you don't have your lashes on...so I can't really tell ^_^.....over all...it's really good ^_^....should go for a darker shade for the shadows for a more dramatic look ^_^...mana used Navy blue eye shadows ^_^ not sky blue, even though it may seem so on the photos, after blending it with the white WHITE foundation the colour changes a little ^_^....
over all, really good job ^_^....

Juu-sama
Juu-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #10
kyojin_alex
It is a good day to die!!

In general the hair, eyes, and lips need to be a lot darker. the face needs to be lighter. A fuller wig would help out a lot too but I know that would be more expencive. looks like its coming along good though. Great job.
kyojin_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #11
KireiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyojin_alex
In general the hair, eyes, and lips need to be a lot darker. the face needs to be lighter. A fuller wig would help out a lot too but I know that would be more expencive. looks like its coming along good though. Great job.
You wanted darker so here it is! daaa dunn. lol I agree the darker is better. I am not sure about the whiter face though.... in the pictures with flash the white doesnt show up as clean as I would like(but hey this was a 30 minute try my new makeup out deal). What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallP1010023.jpg (41.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg smallP1010036.jpg (52.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg smallP1010042.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)
Unread 09-25-2004, 06:08 PM   #12
Juu-Sama
ジュウ様

Quote:
You wanted darker so here it is! daaa dunn. lol I agree the darker is better. I am not sure about the whiter face though.... in the pictures with flash the white doesnt show up as clean as I would like(but hey this was a 30 minute try my new makeup out deal). What do you guys think?
set a layer of powder (baby powder or transparent powder) over it....if you already did set a layer of powder over it, use more MORE ^^...if that fails...I'll photoshop it for you ^^ ne ne ^^ hmm...the wig should be a little darker..actually, the wig is the wrong hue, Mervilles Mana has a navy blue wig...your's is aquamarine ^^ may want to change that... but here...I attached the edited photos for you (since am editing Sadistic_Mana's photos anyways) ^^ and changed the wig colour abit ^^ hope you don't mind ^^

Juu-sama
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled copy1.jpg (28.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg untitled copy.jpg (23.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg untitled1.jpg (36.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Juu-Sama : 09-25-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 09-25-2004, 09:43 PM   #13
KireiX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juu-Sama
set a layer of powder (baby powder or transparent powder) over it....if you already did set a layer of powder over it, use more MORE ^^...if that fails...I'll photoshop it for you ^^ ne ne ^^ hmm...the wig should be a little darker..actually, the wig is the wrong hue, Mervilles Mana has a navy blue wig...your's is aquamarine ^^ may want to change that... but here...I attached the edited photos for you (since am editing Sadistic_Mana's photos anyways) ^^ and changed the wig colour abit ^^ hope you don't mind ^^

Juu-sama
Thanks for the photoshop edit. I did already have a powder layer over it... I just didnt feel like working with the base forever since this was just a makeup test(mainly for the blue lips and eyes... not the white base).

Mervielles mana does not have a navy blue wig, I have MM's appearance on Hammer Price and it shows Mana's mervielles costume without the special lighting etc, so I have accurate colors to go by. His wig is light colored.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (51.0 KB, 0 views)
Unread 09-26-2004, 10:05 AM   #14
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!

its really good. but i think the crystals under each eye are on the oppisate side ... im not sure though.....
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #15
Juu-Sama
ジュウ様

Quote:
Thanks for the photoshop edit. I did already have a powder layer over it... I just didnt feel like working with the base forever since this was just a makeup test(mainly for the blue lips and eyes... not the white base).

Mervielles mana does not have a navy blue wig, I have MM's appearance on Hammer Price and it shows Mana's mervielles costume without the special lighting etc, so I have accurate colors to go by. His wig is light colored.
ooh...my bad my bad ^^ he had black feathers in his hair so it appeared to be alot daker ^^ ohohoho....sorry about that ^^

Juu-sama