Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 12-11-2002, 10:10 PM   #1
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Japan Expo 2002 Pictures Delayed until January..

Hey everyone,

A lot of people have asked me when I plan to post the pictures I took from Japan Expo, but unfortunately due to circumstances I have put off posting the pictures until January. Reasons being that besides the horrendous drive back from L.A. to SF Sunday night, rental car problems, and other problems regarding the weekend, the main reason was because during JE my grandfather passed away, but it was a calm mood throughout my family.. So the week after JE, I had relatives over visiting to pay their respects, as well as staying a few nights here, so that limited my online-time.

I had a lot of fun AT Japan Expo, and the pictures came out really well. They will go up here on cosplay.com but probably not until after Ohayocon (Jan. 10-12) so when I send admin the pictures from that convention, I'll include the pics from JE also. I appreciate everyone's patience, and if you want me to email you a picture of your costume that I took, feel free to PM me, saying who you are, and which costume(s) you wore at JE. Thanks, and see you next con!!
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-11-2002, 10:33 PM   #2
FlameSniperRei
LORD OF THE LOOP

it's all good ! thanx for taking them!
FlameSniperRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 12:46 AM   #3
aznaphrodite

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about grandfather, Eurobeat King. I'm glad that it seems like you and your family are dealing with it okay.

It was nice meeting you at JE! Thanks for always taking such cool pics! Can't wait to see them in January then!
Unread 12-12-2002, 12:53 AM   #4
Dark Vision
Dark Mousy

Its okay Al, you take great pictures and they're worth the wait.

I also give my grivences to you and your family. Losing a relative is really tough on anyone.
Dark Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 01:54 AM   #5
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

Hey Al,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.. My grandfather also passed away on Wednesday after JE. I had alot of relatives from socal coming up to visit and for the funeral. I saw alot of people that i never met before. we had the funeral on saturday.. it was pretty hard on the family. He was 99 yrs old.. Im glad i got to see him a couple of hours before he passed away Wednesday morning. Its been hard for me cuz its right before finals too.. and yes i do agree the drive from socal is really long. we stayed in bakersfield for about 2 hrs at Boomers playing games. It will be tough for me to go down to socal this weekend, but im going to visit my uncle and for the Anime Jungle event.. hope to hear from u soon..
Aoshi Shinomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 03:14 AM   #6
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

:/ *huggles* Poor Al-niichan. ;_; I'm sorry to hear that your grandfather died. Aoshi, I'm also sorry to hear that your grandfather passed on, as well.
Geez but it sounds like it was a bad couple of weeks for grandfathers -.-;; It's always hard losing a loved one. I grieved deeply when my grandfather passed on, but even having gone through it myself, I -still- can't think of any words to offer that would be of any help, except that at least he isn't suffering anymore. ...But then I don't know that either of your grandfathers were suffering to begin with. Hopefully they weren't. Ah, I'm shutting up now ._.;; I wish you and your families the best in these trying times.
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:50 AM   #7
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi

yeah.. the holidays isnt the same anymore cuz he was like the head of the family. what got me tripping is that he was doing so well during thanksgiving too. He was walking and talking.. and then during JE weekend.. he got ill.. and then he was sleeping alot... i went to go visit him.. and he opened his eyes and saw me.. he tried to say something, but i couldnt understand.. *sigh*...
Aoshi Shinomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 08:28 AM   #8
Sana-chan
I know, right?

Awww I'm sorry to hear that Al . It's okie about the piccies, I've seen em already anyway =P. You take such awesome pics! Juss don't do so many of the ugly me next time lol. Wouldn't wanna loose all the cosplay.com visitors now.
Sana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 10:29 AM   #9
Freya
Doing the "FROdo"

Ok first off Sana-chan you're NOT ugly...*sheesh*

Yes and I'm sorry about your grandfather passing away...that's tough on anybody. My condolences to both Al and Aoshi. I'll pray for you both. ^_^

And yes we shall be patient for JE pics...they are definetely worth the wait.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2002, 04:56 PM   #10
Doremi Chan
Pretty Ojamajo

No worry There are more important things in life
Doremi Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2002, 01:39 AM   #11
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

*hugs* Tom told me the situation. Sorry to hear about that. Your family has my thoughts and condolences. I understand there's more important things in life than pictures, and knowing me, I'm patient to wait. (still owe me that AniMagic video! ^^) I really don't know what else to say. I don't remember when my grandfather died. I just remember being naive and thinking he'll wake up in a few months. After Japan Expo, I had to visit my grandma since her time is almost up. She's had a few heart attacks, and I just wanted to see her as much as I could. Again, my warmest thoughts to your family...*hugs*

On the brighter side, I'm looking forward seeing your pics!

Last edited by Nadeshiko : 12-13-2002 at 01:42 AM.
Nadeshiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2002, 12:04 PM   #12
Kenshin Ken
Ore wa, Pocky Ken desu!

SOrry to hear about your grandfather ... my condolences..

^^; it's odd that we dont get to talking all that much, but I hope thigns go for the better for ya ^^.