Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:35 AM   #1
fushigi-chan

EGL/Jrock Teaparty and Photoshoot?

Well? Any lolitas attending AUSA this year? I'd really love to host a teaparty, but I'm not sure if there are a lot of egl or visuel kei cosplayers coming to ausa...

Anyways, it's been decided that the gathering will be at 7pm on Friday on the upper *Mezzanine* level of the hotel, by the elevators, either by the couches/arm chairs or in an adjacent open area. *please look for a big sign that i'll be holding, lol*
Anyone is invited ~ any type of lolita and jrock/vk cosplays as well as anyone else who's just a fan of the culture or music
I'll have food, but if you'd like to bring some snacks as well that would be great! ^_^

Last edited by fushigi-chan : 08-22-2004 at 08:48 PM.
fushigi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:42 AM   #2
Fireflystar
I'm just 1 wish away

Yeah I am ^^, in either a white or pink dress. I'll be theeere
Fireflystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 12:59 AM   #3
lunasreincarnat
hallelujah, lock and load

ill be in a red dress sunday and some time friday... friday night ill be doing karaoke but yeah... if ya set a date ill be in a red and white egl dress.
Violet Addams (egl steampunk), Lucy (I Love Lucy), Misa (Deathnote), Beatrix(FF9), Konata (Lucky Star), Alice(DDR5th mix), Fruits EGL
lunasreincarnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
fushigi-chan

Hmm, okay. Well is 7pm on Friday good?
I'm not really sure where to have it...I couldn't make it to ausa last year cus I got sick, so I don't know the layout of the hotel >_<;
So I'd say the lobby would be good since everyone would know where that is...
hmmm, any suggestions for a place would be helpful ^_^;; otherwise the lobby it is!
I'll make a little sign too...
Unread 08-22-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
Darxim
Loafer Extraordinaire

The lobby's not a very good place for it. It's kinda... well... let's say there's no real room for it. There's furniture and stuff.

A good place would be where we had the card gaming last year. This year the card gaming is in the restaurant area, so the place we had it last year will be vacant. It's on the Mezzanine (aka upper) level, right next to the elevators. There's a couch, and a couple arm chairs, and on the other side of the hallway is this open area that doesn't seem to have any purpose whatsoever short of having an open area. It's a good size for a picnic cloth, and allows a good amount of space for maneuvering around it. While it is not in the direct path of traffic, it is right next to it. It's between the elevators and the event rooms on that level (I think it's video rooms and panel/workshop rooms over there).

Here's an incomplete map (it's a work in progress, I haven't done the lower level or even finished the lobby yet) of the hotel's event area. I've put a purple X on the spot I'm talking about.
Darxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 06:23 PM   #6
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Yay! Teaparty!

Err, is this strictly EGL or EGL and Jrock? I mean, I'm going to be wearing both but I just want to know which one to wear on Friday.
Unread 08-22-2004, 07:50 PM   #7
YunalescaSummon
Blurple!

Designing a sort of EGL variation on a costume. Will that be acceptable?

"Conformity is for those with no imagination."
YunalescaSummon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 07:51 PM   #8
lunasreincarnat
hallelujah, lock and load

yeah i know what your talking about it would be cool to have it anywhere on the mezza level so bright and open.
Violet Addams (egl steampunk), Lucy (I Love Lucy), Misa (Deathnote), Beatrix(FF9), Konata (Lucky Star), Alice(DDR5th mix), Fruits EGL
lunasreincarnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2004, 08:45 PM   #9
fushigi-chan

Ok great! Thanx for the help with the location! ^_^

Then the official time and place will be 7pm Friday, on the Mezzanine where Darxim described. I'll have a sign so people can easily find the place too ^_^

as for who can come ~ anyone wearing lolita *gothic, sweet, punk, etc* is welcome, as well as anyone in jrock cosplays. Hell, even if you're just a fan of the lolita culture and aren't dressed in it, you're welcome to be there! I'm really not picky and I'd just love to have as many ppl attend as possible =b

*edited my first post to include this info*
Unread 08-23-2004, 02:04 PM   #10
XpunkRikuX

Yaaay A Teaparty!!!

lol. *gets on knees and bows to fushigi-chan.begins to cry* I...I...*sniffles* I love the idea!!! ((lol.Im just kidding)) But that sounds like a very good idea to me.At first I was only going on saturday and sunday but youve just motivated me to go on friday as well.lol.You can bet Ill be there and Ill probably be wearing a Hyde or Tetsu costume((from L'Arc~en~ciel)) or Gackt's illumanti costume((you know his skanky leather one.lol.)) but I have not decided yet.I just remember someone on here saying that she went as gackt and this mana stalked her all day and by the end of the day she((the gackt)) was covered in blue lipstick.lmao.But hey are u going to have like tea cups or something???like props?or is it just called a "tea party"?B/c if you need tea cups I have a few and I might be able to bring them.((but its just this little china teacup set I got from this boy who liked me in second grade.lol.but it might still work.I have a tiny tea pot and plates to macth.they have teddy bears on them *smiles*lol.)) If u want me to bring them just say so...but it would look hilairious to see a bunch of egl/jrockers drinking out of teddy bears tea cups.((its actually kawaii.)) I love your idea and hopefully I can meet u at ur teaparty.lol.peace out. =^.^=v
XpunkRikuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 07:40 PM   #11
fushigi-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpunkRikuX
lol. *gets on knees and bows to fushigi-chan.begins to cry* I...I...*sniffles* I love the idea!!! ((lol.Im just kidding)) But that sounds like a very good idea to me.At first I was only going on saturday and sunday but youve just motivated me to go on friday as well.lol.You can bet Ill be there and Ill probably be wearing a Hyde or Tetsu costume((from L'Arc~en~ciel)) or Gackt's illumanti costume((you know his skanky leather one.lol.)) but I have not decided yet.I just remember someone on here saying that she went as gackt and this mana stalked her all day and by the end of the day she((the gackt)) was covered in blue lipstick.lmao.But hey are u going to have like tea cups or something???like props?or is it just called a "tea party"?B/c if you need tea cups I have a few and I might be able to bring them.((but its just this little china teacup set I got from this boy who liked me in second grade.lol.but it might still work.I have a tiny tea pot and plates to macth.they have teddy bears on them *smiles*lol.)) If u want me to bring them just say so...but it would look hilairious to see a bunch of egl/jrockers drinking out of teddy bears tea cups.((its actually kawaii.)) I love your idea and hopefully I can meet u at ur teaparty.lol.peace out. =^.^=v
haha, well glad i have convinced ppl to come to the con on friday!! =D
anyways, yeah, it's more just called a teaparty than an actual teaparty...i'll have tea though =b but it's always easier to just have green tea juice boxes, which is what i always bring to teaparties at cons =b
anywho...i'd love if you brought tea cups as props! i think that'd be very cute! i actually have this little tea set w/ teddy bears on it from when i was little! that'd be really funny if it was the same set!! =b who knows
so if you'd like to bring that, that would be great ^_^
Unread 08-23-2004, 07:50 PM   #12
Riji
Everybody Go Go

I'll try to bring some food if I can. I work at Michael's and we have all that candy-making stuff. I've been wanting to try and make some.

If that doesn't work out I'll just go and buy some nice cookies or something portable for everyone to share.

Oh, and XpunkRikuX, I'll be sure to bring my neo universe tetsu in case I get too lazy to wear Mana or EGL.
Unread 08-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #13
Fireflystar
I'm just 1 wish away

Can you make those chocolate lollipop things I see on the commericals? *_* heehee,I'm so greedy..
Fireflystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2004, 09:25 PM   #14
Riji
Everybody Go Go

Hmm, I've never seen those commercials but I can try to make chocolate lollipops in general.

No, you're not greedy, you're just giving me ideas!
Unread 08-23-2004, 09:57 PM   #15
XpunkRikuX

riji thatd b soo funi if u were tetsu.and if i go as gackt ill have a mana.YAAAY.lol.=^.^= either way would b fine with me.maybe if u dont mind we could take a few photos just as larc or malice mizer.plus i wouldnt mind trying some of ur snacks. ^.^;;;.lol.cant wait 2 see u at ausa.peace out.=^.^=v
XpunkRikuX is offline   Reply With Quote