Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #136
kowaipanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewillusion View Post
Panda - I'm still a novice at sewing but it's something that I'm passionate for =3 I want to work with costume designing as a career and my best friend/"twin sister" and I are putting the plans up for our commissioning business but we still need some experience before we get that up and running ^_^;;

Back onto Persona: The ribbons on Fuuka's shirt neck and sleeve ends, should I look for a ribbon that isn't shiny/satin or would satin be acceptable? I seriously cannot choose between the two. For my Mikuru cosplay I went with satin on the collar and cuffs but now when I look at it I'm thinking, "what was I thinking when I chose that?!" But for Fuuka, I'm torn. The fabric for the shirt is stretching but not shiny.... gah!!! -rips out hair-

Coolness!
As for Fuuka's costume~ I think satin will be ok for the ribbons for for the ribbons
(got link from this thread...
http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p3/06.jpg)
But for the turtle neck... It would be better in cotton/ non shiny cloth because of the details on it.
kowaipanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2008, 10:34 AM   #137
mewillusion
~*~Moira~*~

-multiple headdesk- I got fabric that doesn't have little designs on it......... maybe I'll wait until I move, the Joann's near where I'll be living is like a SUPER Joann's, compared to the small one down here. I live in a small town.......

Also, Just want to get another person's opinion on wig choice. I'm thinking of using the Z (zigzag part) wig from Amphigory.
Wig
The color is Daydream. I figure I'll have to use a razor comb for the bangs (having friend with wig styling experience teach me).
Blue Rose
Tetsuko Kaburagi (Fem!Kotetsu)
Rise Kujikawa (summer variant)
Makoto Nanaya (photoshoot only)

mewillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #138
Turtleen

@MewIllusion - I'm also going into costume design =D
The wig looks like a really good colour for Fuuka. For the ribbons, I think either would work, but if you can find cotton ribbons that would probably be better. Or get bias tape and sew it in half xD
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #139
kowaipanda

mew - wig looks perfect for Fuuka~!
friend with wig styling experience ---> TT-TT I envy you!
Unread 05-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #140
Rika-Chan
orz

I finished my Chidori cosplay for ACen this weekend, with the exception of a few accessories <33;

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/144825/
Rika-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #141
kowaipanda

Nice chidori outfit! It looks like you enjoy wearing it and taking pictures with other Persona 3 cosplayers~LOL
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:54 AM   #142
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Got some Bebe and Yousuke cosplays in the works for Otakon.
Because ...

SEWING EEZ SO MUCH FUN.
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #143
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

probably a little behind but i am really considering doing Jin, he looks likes the misunderstood character that i like,
Unread 05-31-2008, 11:08 AM   #144
Turtleen

Mkay, I'm terrible. I think of stupid things to cosplay. Like Nyx. Which I actually follow through with for some reason. So now I'm going to be making FES Aegis with the military gear and stuff, so any suggests for what I can use to make the gold and silver metal parts? Cardboard's my best friend but I'm not so sure that's a good idea for this.
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #145
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

As i am cosplaying Jin and they never really show the gun he uses i was wondering if this one came close? I know i will have to paint it and really do not have a prob with that i was just wondering what you all thought.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...t=DSCN0109.jpg

Also another two questions one where could i find a toy gernade or something like that and two what would be the cheapest way to get his briefcase.

Thanks in advance
Unread 06-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #146
Turtleen

@SupremeKai - I got a gun like that too, and just painted it.
Might be able to get a toy grenade at a dollarstore in some kind of toy pack. Try a second hand store for the briefcase, or you could make it out of cardboard or something.
Unread 06-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #147
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

I fount the right kind of spray paint but am wondering what color to go with i can not seem to find a grey, or at least a decent color grey.

The paint is Krylon for plastic any help again would be great
Unread 06-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #148
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

Well, I've put my Junpei costume on hold... (he's too guyish for me... and well the hair was the real problem, not to mention I really wanted to cosplay Junpei at a con that Vic would be at...)

So instead I'm going back to my Bebe idea. Yay! Now it's back to the task of looking for a good fan to use... I doubt I'll be able to get a black one with gold butterflies... But I'm going to see what I can do.

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #149
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivachan View Post
Well, I've put my Junpei costume on hold... (he's too guyish for me... and well the hair was the real problem, not to mention I really wanted to cosplay Junpei at a con that Vic would be at...)

So instead I'm going back to my Bebe idea. Yay! Now it's back to the task of looking for a good fan to use... I doubt I'll be able to get a black one with gold butterflies... But I'm going to see what I can do.
I got my Bebe fan from ebay.
While it doesn't have COMPLETELY gold butterflies, it has gold, red, and blue butterflies.

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/...1m_9187c2e.jpg
http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/...2m_8f1e2d5.jpg (better picture of fan just ... ignore completely retarded expression l-lol)
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 05:22 AM   #150
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
I got my Bebe fan from ebay.
While it doesn't have COMPLETELY gold butterflies, it has gold, red, and blue butterflies.

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/...1m_9187c2e.jpg
http://img28.picoodle.com/img/img28/...2m_8f1e2d5.jpg (better picture of fan just ... ignore completely retarded expression l-lol)
That is a cute fan. I found one that's black with adorable white flowers on it and I may use that. But first I'm probably going to check out my local Japanese goods store and possibly the Japanese Garden's kiosk.

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote