Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #151
jennarose
Yeah.

I'm planning on the main character from Persona 3...or other words known as Minato.

But I was wondering, has anyone actually made an evoker? Any tips would be awesome. I was going to buy an air soft gun and modify it, but I decided that accuracy was better than actually having a 'real' gun. I plan to make it out of insulation foam. Is that a good choice of material to start with? I'll plan to paper mache is and such too. Tips for this would be awesome! =)

Lawl. I changed my mind. I started making an evoker out of insulation foam and it was horrible. So I am going to buy an air soft after all and modify it. XD.

Last edited by jennarose : 07-10-2008 at 05:33 PM.
jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2008, 11:11 PM   #152
F. Silverberg

Since this started with Persona 2, I'm guessing it's ok to ask a Persona 4 question.

If anyone knows where I can find a hat that's as close as possible to Naoto's I would be forever appreciative. I've spent over 4 hours looking and while I've found some candidates...nothing I'm sure I can commit to buying yet. It does NOT need to have the colored stripe going across the front (I can add that).

Likewise, if anyone has any ideas on how I should deal with the shoes, I'd also be appreciative.

Unfortunately reference pictures are kind of rare atm, here's the best one: http://community.livejournal.com/may...87.html#cutid1

Thanks in advance!
Unread 07-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #153
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Silverberg View Post
Since this started with Persona 2, I'm guessing it's ok to ask a Persona 4 question.

If anyone knows where I can find a hat that's as close as possible to Naoto's I would be forever appreciative. I've spent over 4 hours looking and while I've found some candidates...nothing I'm sure I can commit to buying yet. It does NOT need to have the colored stripe going across the front (I can add that).

Likewise, if anyone has any ideas on how I should deal with the shoes, I'd also be appreciative.

Unfortunately reference pictures are kind of rare atm, here's the best one: http://community.livejournal.com/may...87.html#cutid1

Thanks in advance!
A bit pricey, but I think either

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Police-Chauffeur-...QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Adjustable-Navy-Y...QQcmdZViewItem

Would work nicely. The second one would have to be poofed up a bit but no problem besides that
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #154
F. Silverberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
A bit pricey, but I think either

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Police-Chauffeur-...QQcmdZViewItem
or
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Adjustable-Navy-Y...QQcmdZViewItem

Would work nicely. The second one would have to be poofed up a bit but no problem besides that
I think it's pretty ironic that you brought those up as examples...I'll explain why.

The first problem I had with his hat was identifying what kind of hat it was. My initial guess was an officer's cap (which is what you showed, and it makes sense...I mean, he thinks he's a detective after all), but after discussing it amongst various people, we actually came to the conclusion that it most resembled a newsboy cap (or more specifically, a spitfire cap). Examples of these are as follow:

-http://www.kangolstore.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Hats-Kangol-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=_FWgI0oUaoI000w69zKCHyZq00002hmYaFzO?Pr oductUUID=nYbAqAp4e8UAAAEWcaqCz0Q4&SGCatalogCatego ryID=RybAqAqvZy0AAAEGWwKqFweG&JumpTo=OfferList

-http://www.shop.com/Men's_Kangol_Wool_Spitfire_Hat-39186560-51993256-p!.shtml?sourceid=298

-http://www.villagehatshop.com/betmar_blake_spitfire.html

I actually think the 3rd one is the closest, but of course...they don't have the color I'm looking for.

Now what's ironic about this all is the the Japanese cosplayers I've seen do Naoto (which I'm sure you've seen too) also picked what appears to be officer's caps...

Regardless, I really like the first example you showed me, and it has also become a candidate, thanks!
Unread 07-09-2008, 10:53 AM   #155
Zelos_Wilder
Time to lose some weight!

Haha, interesting. I went with the police cap because Naoto is a detective. Well ... Self-proclaimed detective anyway. I was assuming that he'd have an officers cap to make himself look more official with the law.

But the paperboy hats do look nice indeed! Good choices!
Zelos_Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 01:53 PM   #156
Turtleen

I'm also thinking of cosplaying Naoto but going to wait to actually play the game to make sure I'll like his personality and such. But at least it won't be a long wait! I was thinking of just ordering the Japanese one if there wasn't anything announced for NA soon.

I think that spitfire hat looks like the right match for his, but the police cap would also make sense.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #157
F. Silverberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelos_Wilder View Post
Haha, interesting. I went with the police cap because Naoto is a detective. Well ... Self-proclaimed detective anyway. I was assuming that he'd have an officers cap to make himself look more official with the law.

But the paperboy hats do look nice indeed! Good choices!
Thanks, the only problem I've come to is that I can't find it in the color I'm looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleen View Post
I'm also thinking of cosplaying Naoto but going to wait to actually play the game to make sure I'll like his personality and such. But at least it won't be a long wait! I was thinking of just ordering the Japanese one if there wasn't anything announced for NA soon.

I think that spitfire hat looks like the right match for his, but the police cap would also make sense.
It was announced for the US at AX (12/9 is release date).

Do you guys think I should just order the white hat and paint it? I want to avoid painting it if possible...

EDIT: lol, and now we find out that Naoto is possibly a girl...well, this won't stop me.

My lazy side wants to buy the officer cap, my perfectionist side is yelling at me not to...the inner conflict, it is too much!

Last edited by F. Silverberg : 07-10-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Unread 07-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #158
Turtleen

You could probably find a spitfire cap that's black if you looked a little more, maybe something other than ebay if ebay doesn't have one?

Quote:
It was announced for the US at AX (12/9 is release date).
Yep, that's why I'm not going to get the Japanese one It's good they're releasing it so soon.
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #159
F. Silverberg

Quote:
You could probably find a spitfire cap that's black if you looked a little more, maybe something other than ebay if ebay doesn't have one?
Oh, finding black isn't a problem at all. The problem is finding Navy Blue (which is what his hat color actually is), finding THAT while having the closest design possible has been challenging...
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #160
Turtleen

Yeah I noticed just after posting actually that it's navy blue...
That would be a bit more of a problem. It actually looks like it wouldn't be that hard to make, but the officer's cap would also make sense with his detective thing.

Ugh, is Naoto he or she?! It doesn't make any difference for me if I were to cosplay him/her/it, but it's usually nice to know whether to call someone he or she XD
S/he uses masculine speech patterns like 'boku' but normally someone his age would use 'ore', but he could just be being more formal... then there's the shadow selves picture. It could be photoshopped or it could just blatantly be, Naoto's a girl.
Unread 07-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #161
F. Silverberg

Quote:
Yeah I noticed just after posting actually that it's navy blue...
That would be a bit more of a problem. It actually looks like it wouldn't be that hard to make, but the officer's cap would also make sense with his detective thing.

Ugh, is Naoto he or she?! It doesn't make any difference for me if I were to cosplay him/her/it, but it's usually nice to know whether to call someone he or she XD
S/he uses masculine speech patterns like 'boku' but normally someone his age would use 'ore', but he could just be being more formal... then there's the shadow selves picture. It could be photoshopped or it could just blatantly be, Naoto's a girl.
Naoto actually reminds me a lot of Kino from Kino no Tabi. Kino also used "boku" to refer to herself, and dressed like a guy (she also looks similar in face and build).

However, the picture that is the basis for Naoto being a girl looks incredibly fake to me...that and every cast member (outside of MC) has their shadow self there except for Naoto...kind of strange.

It's actually a bigger deal for someone like me (a guy) if Naoto were a guy/girl since society has a pretty brutal double-standard when it comes to that, but it wouldn't change anything since I've already planned to do him/her anyway.
Unread 07-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #162
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

I'm planning an Elizabeth costume in the future... since I've suddenly been blessed with a free white bob wig. ^^;; The only thing I'm having a major standstill with is... how do I find that hat?? It looks almost like a flight attendant hat... but how would I go about finding one of those??

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #163
F. Silverberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivachan View Post
I'm planning an Elizabeth costume in the future... since I've suddenly been blessed with a free white bob wig. ^^;; The only thing I'm having a major standstill with is... how do I find that hat?? It looks almost like a flight attendant hat... but how would I go about finding one of those??
I know someone who did a pretty good Elizabeth, I could ask her how she did the hat. I'm pretty sure she made it herself though.
Unread 07-11-2008, 05:34 AM   #164
shivachan
a little girl dreaming...

Hmmm... I suppose I could ask a friend about the hat... It would just be simpler to buy it though... but I guess you can't luck out all the time.

Cons attending:
Otafest, Animethon, Anime Expo, CCEE

Costumes to work on:
Chie [Persona 4], Linda [Okage],
Ringo [Air Gear], Mamimi [FLCL],
Sakura [Tsubasa], Elizabeth [Persona 4],
Lightning [FFXIII],
shivachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #165
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

Working on Jin's costume as we speak and i was wondering if i just painted his gun black, would that make a big deal he seems to use the grenade more(Hopefully i can find them come Halloween) But i am gonna try and paint it today. I will post images when i get a first coat done.