Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-29-2009, 02:38 AM   #631
Roozu
That's Elet-tri-tri-tric!

^^
This is just my guess, but on the zipper, I think it's just a zipper...no additional fabric.
See: http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p3/art28.jpg

Though you could always fake it and just sew bias tape wear the zippers are supposed to be. May be a lot easier, but if your going for accuracy then I'd say stick with the zipper idea.

Unread 06-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #632
Lady Saya
Smile?

@ chaltier: No problem! There was another place that was selling the exact same patch but they wanted $10 for the patch and $7 for shipping (I think it was QQ Cosplay's site). @_@; Even though the shipping is what makes the patch kinda pricey, I'm glad I found that listing.

Anywhoo, I ordered the patch last Wednesday. I was looking at the feedback on some other person's order and it looks like it took a week for theirs to arrive so I'm hoping that mine will arrive sometime this week.

@ Roozu: Hmm... I think you're right since it looks like other other P3 cosplayers use just zippers on their jackets. But every time I look at a reference pic of Minato I keep asking "I-Is that a zipper... or a zipper with fabric?" XD;

//Planned Cosplays//
::Mari Illustrious Makinami [Evangelion]::

Last edited by Lady Saya : 06-29-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Lady Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #633
chaltier
下剋上!

@Roozu: Yeah, I'm looking at other people's cosplays on cos.com and I think they did theirs the same way. There are a couple who've done theirs in a way that seems like they've added a strip of white fabric, PLUS the zipper though, and those throw me off a little haha.

I had thought of the bias tape idea too, but I want it to be as accurate as possible (even if there's the possibility that my cosplay will end up looking like a blob of mess) so I think I'll just go with using a zipper. Thanks!

@Lady Saya: Oh, wow. That's expensive for just a dinky little patch. ): I know one other place that charged around 15 dollars though, so I'm glad you linked me to the listing on E-bay as well. ;__; But I hope it arrives soon for the both of us! I procrastinated on my cosplay so now I have a little more than two weeks to finish it. ;;
Unread 06-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #634
Lady Saya
Smile?

@ chaltier: I know, huh? It's a good thing I looked around some more. XD Oh yeah, I just got an e-mail from the seller saying that she just shipped the patch via USPS priority mail (so it should arrive in 2-5 days). Hopefully she mailed yours by now as well. :3

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 06-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #635
chaltier
下剋上!

@Lady Saya: Well I ordered mine some time last night so I don't think I got any notification as to when she's sending it yet, but I'm glad that yours is already shipped!

I'm kind of excited for this cosplay, haha. Been wanting to do P3 for...forever now.
Unread 06-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #636
Roozu

I hope your zipper deal works all out. ^^

I'm in need of opinions. For a wig for Aegis, I was planning on the Angela 750 (and cut/straighten the life out of it) in 613, but I'm worried the yellow sharpie won't wash it out as much as I would want to. I was also thinking of 613a, but then I may need more colors/maybe FW ink dye method.

Reference: http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p3/art24.jpg

So good way to go, or no? I've been looking at every 613 color/Angela wig and after staring at the color for a bit more, I begin to think it won't work the way I have in mind.
Unread 07-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #637
chaltier
下剋上!

@Roozu: Thanks! I'm not personally sure if the Angela wig would work for Aigis since she has bangs and all (And I'm not sure if you can brush the sides/style it so that you can make bangs) but I think the 613 color seems to work okay. If you want, I can always ask my Aigis what wig she ended up buying so you can have a bit of an idea...?

Lady Saya, I got my patch in the mail today, but it looks different from the one that I saw in the listing--I sent a question to the seller about it though, so I'm hoping they'll reply back soon. I was wondering if yours had the same problem? Mine is like a plastic pin instead of an embroidered patch. B(
Unread 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #638
Lady Saya
Smile?

Same here, mine just arrived in the mail as well and I'm having the same problem. It's like... a squishy-badge... thing. ಠ_ಠ

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #639
chaltier
下剋上!

Yeah...LMAO squishy badge thing. That's the exact same one I have. Did you e-mail them asking about it as well? I'll let you know what's going on, on my end as soon as I get a response from them. According to their site though, there's a 35% restocking fee *and* I think we have to cough up a couple bucks for shipping as well.

In the end I'm not even sure if it's worth the fuss but I want an embroidered patch. ]:
Unread 07-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #640
Lady Saya
Smile?

I did message her about it. @_@; I'm hoping she'll at least respond soon. I might keep it anyways so at least I'll have something to use until I have a real patch. >:

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 07-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #641
Roozu

You have a point, but I'm thinking since it has a full skin top that I'll be able to change the part and such. Time to go search around coscom.

Sucks about the patch deal. The patch listed on that page looked pretty nice too. Shame that you two got something completely different from what was listed. But the seller should not even charge you guys anything if you decide to return it. What your received looked nothing like the picture, so I'd for sure bring that up if she asks you to pay a fee. It looks like she may have stolen that picture from another website...actually.

So last night an idea came to me to how to do Aegis's fingertips. (I was actually just thinking about cashing in for wonderflex and use that for her headband and fingers.)

It's far from done, but I have a progress picture of the idea that I'll put up. Recently I found out that you could make paper mache castings so I took paper and duck tape and made a small cast around my fingers. The next step would be paper maching it, then detach it from it's mold, sanding, priming, and hopefully getting it looking like metal. Make take trail and error though.

This is just an idea, so if it works like I think it might, then I'll post finished pictures soon enough.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/k...x/101_3191.jpg
Roozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #642
chaltier
下剋上!

@Roozu: Oh! Well if it has a full skintop then it should be okay. I haven't actually ordered from cosworx before, so I wasn't sure. xD

The idea for Aigis's fingertips is a neat idea though! It seems like it would work out pretty well; I'm excited to see the outcome!

@Lady Saya: Yeah--I actually got a response from her awhile ago, "It's all we had in stock... if you don't like it, you can refund it." They didn't mention whether refunding would be without that whoule 35% + shipping janx but I'm still negotiating. ;; But whatever the case, I guess I'll still have to keep it though. It's better to have a kind of ...off looking patch than none at all, I guess. ):

And as Roozu pointed out, the patch could've actually been a stolen image--I found the same image HERE but I'm not sure if this CosplayHouse.com relates to the Ebay one.

Last edited by chaltier : 07-01-2009 at 08:02 PM.
chaltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #643
Roozu

Hm. I don't know about that website...it seems a little off. They have a Junpei costume, but it only has reference pictures. Very sketchy.

And I swear I've seen those P3 schoolgirl outfits on another website before. It looks like it's one of those websites where they just order the costumes from a Chinese wholesale warehouse and match your "custom" size to the either a small, medium, or large, and so on.

Yeah. I think I'm going to order the wig soon. And with the 10% off sale...every little penny saved helps.

Thanks! ^_^ I hope it works the way it worked in my mind.
Roozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #644
Lady Saya
Smile?

@ chaltier: She hasn't respond to me yet. D: Also, the patch they used on the listing looked like the one from QQ Cosplay's site as well.

//Planned Cosplays//
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #645
chaltier
下剋上!

Yeah, the whole thing seems a little sketchy now. I'm just a little surprised since the buyer had such positive feedback and stuff. ): But I guess all we can do is wait for replies and see how it's all going to work out...

@___@ And I'm having so much trouble with the collar. The pattern I'm using refuses to look like a normal collar and it's pissing me off so much. I bet it's just because I'm retarded and can't follow instructions but I don't think it should be this difficult. B|