Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-21-2010, 01:56 AM   #736
p1ng

I am going to be cosplaying Naoto at A-KON this year my roomate is doing Youske. I saw her as a character and her personality fits me well (Bear in mind I'm a guy doing this so it's going to be quite a fun time for me.) I got my glasses yesterday. I guess the reason I like this outfit and I am doing my best to look the part perfectly is because I like the games and she is really the first character that jumped out at me that is short enough for me to pull off.

Zero (code geass)
Shikamaru (Chunin outfit)
Agito/Akito (air gear straight jacket outfit)
Chibi Vash
Harold Saxon (The master from Dr. Who)
p1ng is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #737
EmpressToria
Danmaku DJ Rave Empress!

Thank you very much for the help with the image.
I was hoping to do the design with a image transfer paper for dark colors.
EmpressToria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #738
Spelli

I'll be cosplaying Ryoji from P3 this summer, and I'm not really worried about the costume overall... just... the wig. :|;; I always have problems shopping for wigs, and this seems extra hard, for some reason. I've read that people used an Axel Widow's Peak tutorial, or slicked back some bangs on a wig with bangs... I could probably attempt both of those, but I'm a bit unsure of what base wig I would purchase. Any help at all would be appreciated!
Spelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #739
Ika
tamallama

I want to do a Naoto cosplay at some point, but can't find the right hat for the base...

COSPLAY ROSTER 2011
FANEXPO - Morrigan - DA:O // Nurse - Silent Hill (movie version) // Marceline the Vampire Queen - Adventure Time!
NYAF: TBA
AWA: TBA
YOUMACON - Lady Hawke - DA2 // TBA

Ika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #740
p1ng

http://www.yesstyle.com/en/grace-bel...pid.1022238610

Was the one I was looking at using for the hat cause I will not pay 70+ dollars for the replica

Zero (code geass)
Shikamaru (Chunin outfit)
Agito/Akito (air gear straight jacket outfit)
Chibi Vash
Harold Saxon (The master from Dr. Who)
p1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 05:52 AM   #741
Aokiyai
comfy and easy to wear

You can also try the pattern Vogue V8440. (:

so how would you catalog it? dawn in the fields? light brought in in buckets?
snow and dirty rain?
Aokiyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #742
makki

Does anyone know of a pattern that would be good for Minato Arisato's school Jacket? Also does his jacket have a zipper on it? Thanks!
makki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #743
Kuzu Kuzu

More questions from a driveby member...!

Rise's hair. What'd be the best way to go about that? I imagine doing the bunches separately to the hair would be easier, but I'm used to dealing with short hair and don't even know where to begin with that. e.e I'll look around the forums for an answer to the specifics of bunches, but I was wondering if any Rise cosplayers could throw suggestions at me.

Thanks!
Kuzu Kuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #744
Kiel
\(>3<)/

Anybody planning on cosplaying P3P?
I'm going to do the Mshe soon..
Kiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #745
Kiel
\(>3<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuzu Kuzu View Post
More questions from a driveby member...!

Rise's hair. What'd be the best way to go about that? I imagine doing the bunches separately to the hair would be easier, but I'm used to dealing with short hair and don't even know where to begin with that. e.e I'll look around the forums for an answer to the specifics of bunches, but I was wondering if any Rise cosplayers could throw suggestions at me.

Thanks!
The easiest way to do Rise's hair is to buy a short wig and two clip-on ponytails
and put them on the side.

here's and example of what it would look like :
http://blog.naver.com/jihedk/60051889416
(it's an asian online wig shop, so don't be scared when you see all the weird fonts)

it is very hard to make a twintail hair with normal wigs, and it doesn't look as good..
Unread 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #746
Kuzu Kuzu

That's the kind of thing I thought would be best.

...Now just to find some clip-on ponytails and a wig that match, and have clip-ons that look like they can take a little styling. ^^ I'll undoubtedly surrender and just dye things in the end.

Thank you!
Kuzu Kuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #747
Kiel
\(>3<)/

Quote:
Originally Posted by makki View Post
Does anyone know of a pattern that would be good for Minato Arisato's school Jacket? Also does his jacket have a zipper on it? Thanks!
Yeah P3 school uniforms are opened by a zipper.
I'm not much of a skilled costume maker so i'll pass the pattern question to someone else.

Oh, and if you need any reference for details of the jacket,
http://www.cosrevo.com/shop/index.ph...roducts_id=108
this site has a nice example of Minato's jacket so you can look at it for ref..
Unread 04-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #748
glassbutterfly

Hi,

I'm gunning for Naoto (winter outfit) for AX this year. I was wondering if there is a a good way to make a blazer's collar 'pop' like in this image:

http://www.dokuganryu.com/scans/megaten/p4/87.jpg

I'm not very good at sewing. Although, I have a friend who's very good. Does anybody know an effective way to go about this? Any help would be appreciated and thank you.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 02:22 AM   #749
Tao nar Acen

Hi, everyone!

I am planning to cosplay Junpei for AnimeCentral this year, but although I originally was planning to do his (somewhat easier) summer casual look, I've changed my mind and really want to do his school uniform. I realize that there is not a lot of time left before Acen, but I would like to poll you all for some advice particular to the Gekkoukan High uniform jacket (references: Junpei @ MegamiTenseiWiki, Gekkoukan High @ MegamiTenseiWiki, CosRevo).

I have no sewing skills and I don't really have a lot of people I could get to help me with the sewing itself... coming up with something from scratch would be no mean feat for me. I've scoured a few thrift shops and found some suit jackets that seem approximately the same design, except that I would have to remove the breast pocket, buttons and buttonholes. I can see no way I could do that which wouldn't horribly scar the jacket and even in the best light look kindy tacky. (However, a friend is lending me her sewing machine and I can learn what I need to, as long as it's something a complete novice can actually pick up in the first place -- and as long as it is humanly possible to make the modifications look good).

There are a few online retailers I've found: CosplayStation, HelloCosplay. I found others at QQCosplay and CosplayHouse, but when I drilled down and looked at the details, I wasn't especially happy with how their outfits looked.

So my question is this:

For those of you who have cosplayed SEES members in their school uniforms -- did you make your own from scratch? Did you modify something you found elsewhere? Did you commission it to be custom-made? Did you buy it from a retailer?

If you bought it from a retailer or had it commissioned, could you tell me what recommendations you have as to where to purchase my uniform? And if you made it yourself or modified something, could you give me any guidance on what how I might be able to do the same?

Thank you very much for your time and any assistance you can provide.

See you at the Dark Hour!

-- Tao
Tao nar Acen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #750
AlbinoPlant

I premiered Shadow Teddie (Persona 4) at Tekkoshocon two weekends ago! I still have to upload pictures from my camera, but here is a picture from the con. He isn't completely done yet (still a bunch of things to fix up) but I'm pretty happy with how he turned out!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2523425/

Upcoming Conventions:
Tekkoshocon, AnimeNEXT, Otakon
AlbinoPlant is offline   Reply With Quote