Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Persona

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #751
Tao nar Acen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoPlant View Post
I premiered Shadow Teddie (Persona 4) at Tekkoshocon two weekends ago! I still have to upload pictures from my camera, but here is a picture from the con. He isn't completely done yet (still a bunch of things to fix up) but I'm pretty happy with how he turned out!

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2523425/
That is seriously awesome.

May I ask... how tall are you? I'm wondering how easily something like that might work for someone my height (5'6).
Tao nar Acen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #752
AlbinoPlant

I am about 5'4", and it's a bit cramped in there, but I can deal with wearing it for a couple hours at a time. So something like this is completely doable for someone your height.

Upcoming Conventions:
Tekkoshocon, AnimeNEXT, Otakon
AlbinoPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #753
Gale
All the world's a stage

I've decided to make a Yukiko costume, but I have a slight problem...where do I get houndstooth fabric? All I've got near me is a JoAnns, though I'm not opposed to trekking out to NYC for fabric shopping. Or is this something I just have to order online? I'm not opposed to dying it either, since I've heard it comes pretty much only in black & white.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #754
Yukichin
ubernerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale View Post
I've decided to make a Yukiko costume, but I have a slight problem...where do I get houndstooth fabric? All I've got near me is a JoAnns, though I'm not opposed to trekking out to NYC for fabric shopping. Or is this something I just have to order online? I'm not opposed to dying it either, since I've heard it comes pretty much only in black & white.

I've found black-and-white houndstooth at JoAnn, and I think they had a different color as well. I'm not quiiite sure which color, though; if it helps, I found mine in October.
Yukichin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #755
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

Jo-Ann also has a beige and black houndstooth in their home dec 45" fabric. It says it's dry clean only but I've had no trouble dyeing and washing it.
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #756
Gale
All the world's a stage

Ah! Thanks. I figured it was hard to come by so truth be told I never looked. If I can't find it locally, there's a superstore about 40 minutes away that I sometimes go to.

Also, an FYI to other Yukiko cosplayers: the closest sweater I've been able to find short of knitting your own is LL Bean. Bought it in case I'm not able to knit my own in the long run and I'm very pleased.

Places you may find me in 2013:
Katsucon ~ ConBust ~ Anime Boston
PortCon Maine ~ ConnectiCon ~ Dragon*Con
Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #757
ginko
元気UP!!!

I'm planning on bringing Mitsuru back for Acen in a couple weeks, but I need a wig. I'm hoping I have enough time to order one from CosWorx, but I'm totally clueless on which wig to get. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe the Natalie in burgundy or henna red? I want one that I don't have to style much, although my mother in law used to style wigs professionally and may be able to help me out.

I bought a wig from CosWorx for my sister before, but I don't remember how long the shipping took.

I've used my real hair before, but as you can see from my profile gallery, it's never quite right, and I've recently put a lot of effort into lightening it - not about to dye it dark again!!

UPDATE: I ended up getting the Rose wig in Henna Red.

Last edited by ginko : 04-29-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: bought my wig
ginko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 09:00 PM   #758
Varnani
MY CABBAGES

I think the Rose was a good choice, I want to get one sometime too lol XD

I have some progress to post! I'm working on the female protagonist from P3P, I only have little things left now:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...stuff241-1.jpg

I need the band across the jacket, the SEES armband and the patch. Oh and the ribbon, haha! I dunno if I'll have the holster or evoker for Fanime, though. :<

By the by, isn't it kinda cool that Atlus is including a Junpei hat if you preorder P3P?
Varnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #759
ginko
元気UP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnani View Post
I think the Rose was a good choice, I want to get one sometime too lol XD

I have some progress to post! I'm working on the female protagonist from P3P, I only have little things left now:

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...stuff241-1.jpg

I need the band across the jacket, the SEES armband and the patch. Oh and the ribbon, haha! I dunno if I'll have the holster or evoker for Fanime, though. :<

By the by, isn't it kinda cool that Atlus is including a Junpei hat if you preorder P3P?
Good! I can't wait to get the wig.

Your costume looks great so far!

And I just preordered my copy!

Last edited by ginko : 04-29-2010 at 09:59 PM.
ginko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #760
Kexul

I just cosplayed as Junpei from P3, this weekend. I haven't got pics up yet though, I forgot my camera so I have to get someone to take some pics of me before I put it up. I was told it was a good costume so I hope everyone else thinks so too!
Kexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #761
Tao nar Acen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginko View Post
I'm planning on bringing Mitsuru back for Acen in a couple weeks, but I need a wig. I'm hoping I have enough time to order one from CosWorx, but I'm totally clueless on which wig to get. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe the Natalie in burgundy or henna red? I want one that I don't have to style much, although my mother in law used to style wigs professionally and may be able to help me out.

I bought a wig from CosWorx for my sister before, but I don't remember how long the shipping took.

I've used my real hair before, but as you can see from my profile gallery, it's never quite right, and I've recently put a lot of effort into lightening it - not about to dye it dark again!!

UPDATE: I ended up getting the Rose wig in Henna Red.
Oooo, my sister will also be a Mitsuru at Acen! (I shall be Junpei). She dyed her hair red though, so she doesn't have any wig recommendations. See you at the Dark Hour!
Unread 05-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #762
Tao nar Acen

Just a quick random note on Junpei.

My sister is making the patch for the front of the hat, but the basic hat itself should be fitted, not adjustable (gathered from the very few references where you see the back of Junpei's head). I got my hat from a 3rd party Amazon seller: http://www.amazon.com/Flex-Fitted-Co...2950849&sr=8-6

If you don't mind an adjustable style (non-canon though it may be), Amazon is offering a limited edition Junpei hat as a pre-order bonus for Persona 3 for PSP.
http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-Te...50984&sr= 8-1

Hope those might help other Junpei's out there!
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #763
ginko
元気UP!!!

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao nar Acen View Post
Oooo, my sister will also be a Mitsuru at Acen! (I shall be Junpei). She dyed her hair red though, so she doesn't have any wig recommendations. See you at the Dark Hour!
I dyed my hair last time and it worked just fine, though the wig I got is pretty fun. See you there!
Unread 05-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #764
uninsomnia
everybody lies.

Finally got my Naoto wig in the mail today~ It's a bit lighter than I wanted, but I think it'll work. Did some cutting/styling, what do you guys think?
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2540890/

I think I'm gonna get some hair wax to add into it to make the layers stick out more and to give it texture. Other than that, I'm pretty pleased. Now to master the make-up of androgyny some more 8D;;
uninsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #765
ginko
元気UP!!!

The wig looks good to me! Once you add the Naoto hat, the look will really come together.

I've always worn glasses, which sucks for cosplay (except for Persona 4 battle cosplay), but I never thought I could wear contacts since my eyes can get really dry. Last week, on my eye doctor's recommendation, I got my first contacts! They are working so well, thankfully, so I am looking forward to being a more accurate Mitsuru than I've ever been!