Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Yaoi-Con

Unread 08-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #1
CardCaptor Will
Pink is my favorite color

about the bishie auction

okay, i see this on the site, and i've also looked at the application. one of the main questions is 'is there anything you are uncomfortable with??' So what does happen to the winners? are the locked in bondage and spanked mercilessly? details!!!
CardCaptor Will is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-27-2004, 08:43 PM   #2
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

CCWill: If you sign up for the bishonen auction, they give you the option of whom you'd like to have (or don't mind have) bidding on you when you go onstage. You can choose to have "women only" bid on you, or you can let "men & women" bid on you. Yesh, there are guys who are in the audience who participate in trying to win a bishonen, so if you're uncomfy with guys bidding on you (and possibly WINNING you!) then choose to only have female-bidders when you do your thing onstage.

Funny-story: Last year my friend Mike went onstage dressed as Neo, did a ParaPara routine (it was to "Sexy Sexy Sexy") and he even used a pair of Sai's with him. Then the bidding began, and the craziness ensued, as more girls cheered him on to take his clothes off.. Somehow, the more clothes come off, more bids & $$ keep coming.. heehee At the end, it was a see-saw battle between my friend and her friends (6 ladies altogether) vs. 2 guys (not sure who they were) and they kept bidding on him, trying to scrounge together $$ to make sure they won him. Finally, the ladies won him for $250, and afterwards they asked me to take pics of them with their bishonen, and later they went out to dinner at Denny's..

Now.. that's just one story to what happens to a bishonen at Yaoi-con's Bishy-auction. What happens really is up to the winner & his/her bishonen, and anything goes really. hehe I've heard stories, and I believe there was a thread about it after Y-con 2003, but I think the discussion about what happens after the auction turned ugly.. Overall, the auction is the main-highlight for Y-con, and the $$ earned goes to the con, and it helps to ensure that there'll be a Yaoi-con 2005..

With that said, were you planning on coming out to Y-con 2004, CCW?
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
CardCaptor Will
Pink is my favorite color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King
CCWill: If you sign up for the bishonen auction, they give you the option of whom you'd like to have (or don't mind have) bidding on you when you go onstage. You can choose to have "women only" bid on you, or you can let "men & women" bid on you. Yesh, there are guys who are in the audience who participate in trying to win a bishonen, so if you're uncomfy with guys bidding on you (and possibly WINNING you!) then choose to only have female-bidders when you do your thing onstage.

Funny-story: Last year my friend Mike went onstage dressed as Neo, did a ParaPara routine (it was to "Sexy Sexy Sexy") and he even used a pair of Sai's with him. Then the bidding began, and the craziness ensued, as more girls cheered him on to take his clothes off.. Somehow, the more clothes come off, more bids & $$ keep coming.. heehee At the end, it was a see-saw battle between my friend and her friends (6 ladies altogether) vs. 2 guys (not sure who they were) and they kept bidding on him, trying to scrounge together $$ to make sure they won him. Finally, the ladies won him for $250, and afterwards they asked me to take pics of them with their bishonen, and later they went out to dinner at Denny's..

Now.. that's just one story to what happens to a bishonen at Yaoi-con's Bishy-auction. What happens really is up to the winner & his/her bishonen, and anything goes really. hehe I've heard stories, and I believe there was a thread about it after Y-con 2003, but I think the discussion about what happens after the auction turned ugly.. Overall, the auction is the main-highlight for Y-con, and the $$ earned goes to the con, and it helps to ensure that there'll be a Yaoi-con 2005..

With that said, were you planning on coming out to Y-con 2004, CCW?
I MIGHT. Emphasis on the word might, depending on fundage. Just, the curiosity is killing me. I wanna know what it's all about
CardCaptor Will is offline   Reply With Quote