So who's going to the risingsun ghetto cosplay shoot and contest? I know there at least 40 people signed up and someone of them have to have cosplay.com accounts!
What are you wearing and how's the construction of your costume going?
Here's the info from Mab's website!
Ghetto Cosplay Photoshoot & Contest!
Sept 11, 2004 - Orlando, FL
By popular request, we're going to have a "Ghetto Cosplay" Contest and Photoshoot sponsored by RisingSun.net and CosplayLab.com. What is "Ghetto"? It has several meanings, but for our use, it means a cosplayer with very little money but with a big desire to create and have fun! Think of it as if you were going to a convention and ran out of money before the con, but you still wanted a new costume to wear......you improvise!
LOCATION: Cranes Roost Park - Orlando, FL
ADDRESS: 370 Whooping Loop - Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
DATE: Saturday, September 11, 2004
TIME: 10:30am - 7pm
Crane's Roost Park is a public park around a nice lake right behind Altamonte Springs Mall (behind the AMC theaters). We'll have a good opportunity to get a few nice photos at the park as well as a few with the mall parking lot (to go with our "ghetto" theme). There will be an hour long break in the middle for everyone to get something to eat at the mall and then get some more photos.
PRIZES for "Most Creative" and "Best Construction"!
Winner's will receive an upgraded CosplayLab.com membership and winning certificates. They will also receive a spotlight on the risingsun.net homepage and a mid-sized poster (12" x 18") of themselves in costume. Other prizes may be announced.
1. Must be of an Anime, Video Game, or Manga character.
2. No nudity or vulgarity. Use reasonable judgement.
3. Must bring a reference image (that can show enough detail to judge from).
4. No sewing - only staples, tape, and glue may be employed as needed. Safety pins can work also. The point is "no sewing".
5. Only found clothing around the house - anyone's house, just not bought for the contest.
6. You may borrow an item from a friend, but it must not be a main part of the costume or it must be used creatively.
7. Don't take an existing costume and "ghetto-ize" it for the contest. Must be a new creation of old stuff.
8. You may bring more than one costume for the photoshoot if you like, but only one will count for the contest.
9. No money must be spent between 7/20-9/11 on the creation of the costume. Think of it as if you were going to a convention and ran out of money before the con, but you still wanted a new costume to wear......you improvise!
SIGN UP: Entries will be accepted at the time of the contest as well as by sign-up, but it is preferred that you use the "sign-up" method to let us know you're coming (so we know how many people to expect). To do so, just send and email to email@example.com
and say that you're coming.
The contest will be judged by CosplayLab.com and Carmel Bohlen from Anime Sushi. The contest is sponsored by RisingSun.net and CosplayLab.com