Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Member Events and Gatherings

View Poll Results: Where would you prefer our gathering to be?
San Jose 5 41.67%
Santa Cruz 0 0%
San Francisco 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-30-2004, 02:38 PM   #1
felicity869

EGL Nor Cal gathering in San Francisco (NOW WITH PICS)

Pictures from this day can be found here: http://images.cosplay.com/showgalle...500&ppuser=7163
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: Sat Oct 2nd
Time:1 p.m.
Elegant Gothic Lolita, Sweet Lolita and Gothic Aristocrat outfits are all welcome. Boys, don't be shy, you're welcome to come too

San Francisco won with an overall 5 votes. So it will be held at the Palace of Fine Arts. The Exloritorium is now in the Palace of Fine Arts so I figure a good meeting spot would be the large exloritorium sign at the enterence. Behind the Exploritorium is a large dome with collums which would be a perfect place to take pictures. There is a pond with swans and on the other side of the pond there is a grassy area where we can spread out a couple blankets and have a little picnic. If we wanted to we could walk to the beach about a block from there where you can see the golden gate bridge adn take some more pictures. There is free parking at the Exploritorium/Palace of fine arts. I'll bring my tea set, one blanket and hopefully some cold tea (since I won't be able to bring hot tea) and some cookies. If you can bring an extra blanket, some tea or some snacks that would be great but you don't have to. In case you don't knoe what it looks like here are a couple pictures:
http://www.eliraz.com/RoadTrip03/Day24/palace2.JPG
http://www.santiano.net/graphiques/s..._arts3_big.jpg
The address and a map can be found here(to get directions just click on 'driving directions' located right above the map) : http://tinyurl.com/4kb3e

This will be cross-posted on the cosplay.com message board, lolitasnap.com message board, fanime.com message board, and in the egl and ca_lolita livejournal communities. If you would like to post about it anywhere else feel free to do so. If you need to contact me for any reason you can email me at flyinpurplemunkiez@yahoo.com

Last edited by felicity869 : 11-10-2004 at 12:43 PM.
felicity869 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #2
felicity869

Anyone else interested? The poll will be open until Sept 7th.
Unread 09-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #3
Nadeshiko
white rose assassin

Thing is, I'd love to go, but AniMagic falls on the same weekend.
Unread 09-10-2004, 02:38 AM   #4
Kaelistale Nyau
Gackt & Hyde lover

So does this mean its in San Jose? It's been past the 7th...

Sushi for all,
Kaelistale http://i.myspace.com/29/43/2313492/15141011_l.JPG
Kaelistale Nyau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 12:12 PM   #5
felicity869

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelistale Nyau
So does this mean its in San Jose? It's been past the 7th...
Sorry I've been super busy and haven't had time to add up all the votes on all the places that I posted this poll. I will add them all up tonight and anounce where it will be held. It actually looks like it will probably be in San Francisco but I won't know for sure until I can check the polls on livejournal (which is blocked here on my work computer).
Unread 09-11-2004, 08:41 PM   #6
Kelly
I'm Having Shinya Babies

hiya! i think you should make it later because the ani-magic con lies on the same weekend, and i would love to go! its just that i'm going to ani-magic. ^^

Die-sama?-Drain away/Yokan
Shinya-Myaku
Gekiai no merry go round seek-Psycho le cemu
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 01:55 AM   #7
Kaelistale Nyau
Gackt &amp; Hyde lover

kelly did make a good point... I know tons of people going to Ani-Magic... Iam not unofrunateally but lotsa of peopel who want to go to the gathering is going to thecon and many pre registered already :/

Sushi for all,
Unread 09-12-2004, 09:26 PM   #8
felicity869

I'm honestly really sorry that I planend this for the same weekend as Ani-Magic but I'm not going to change the date. I'll probably host another egl gathering in a few month so anyone who misses this one because it happens during Ani-Magic (or for any other reason) can go to that one.

San Francisco won with an overall 5 votes. So it will be held at the Palace of Fine Arts. I updated my orginal post with all the details.
Unread 09-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #9
liddo-chan
frogtographer

Well, since it's in SF, I will try to come, but the PFA is kind of a tough place to get to without a car, I think... Is anyone driving from Oakland or Berkeley, by any chance?
Unread 09-13-2004, 10:05 PM   #10
piggyface
Oink! ^^

Looks awesome. I might try and make it.
Unread 09-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #11
felicity869

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddo-chan
Well, since it's in SF, I will try to come, but the PFA is kind of a tough place to get to without a car, I think... Is anyone driving from Oakland or Berkeley, by any chance?
I hope you can make it. I don't have a car either and I'm comming all the way from San Jose. Yay, all morning on various forms of public transportation.
Unread 09-14-2004, 05:24 PM   #12
prettypopcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by liddo-chan

I'm not coming from there but I take I-80 over the bay bridge so I pass right by Berkley. I'm not for certain on going yet but I could probably get ya there if I am. I'll keep in touch.
prettypopcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2004, 08:10 PM   #13
Musashi Killer

Sweet, I will definetely try to make it there in EGA. I'll probably bring some local EGL friends along too.
Musashi Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2004, 01:41 AM   #14
Kaelistale Nyau
Gackt &amp; Hyde lover

Just outta curiosity how whats the minimum amount of people going to the EGL gathering from all the forms? Since iam taking my younger sis with me my parents will probably hafta drop us of there but are a bit suspicious that were going dressed but not to a con.... they will want a good crowd there since they think Freaks live in SF and that this is some type of scam to kid napp us.. -_-;;; Thats myoverprotective asian parents for you....

Sushi for all,
Unread 09-15-2004, 02:02 AM   #15
liddo-chan
frogtographer

prettypopcandy, that'd be great if you could swing by this way. just keep me posted

If I go, I'll be bringing my nice camera (as opposed to my far less nice digital)... I can offer the same deal as I posted in the WIC-TOP thread:

(copy & paste!)

So, I've been getting more into cosplay photoshoots lately, and I'm very excited to come and take photos of people, as well as cosplaying myself. However, I still use a film camera, and film (I use Kodak Portra) and developing gets expensive after a few rolls. I'll try to get at least 1 photo of as many people as I can, but if there's anyone who's interested in kind of a mini photoshoot (a series of 5 photos, for example), I will develop and mail the actual prints to you at cost. I can also e-mail scans of the photos. If I get at least a few people (about 5-7 would be ideal) who are interested, I can do this for about $5 per person.

Let me know if you're possibly interested, so I can bring enough film. Also, for those taking photos, I'd be happy to do a straight exchange--photos of me for photos of you.

PM me for examples of my work.