Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 09-24-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
GoddessOfSugar
Everyone's Hero!

Kagome's Bow and Naraku's Mask Help

I am revamping my 8 year old Kagome cosplay for a group cosplay my friends want to do. I'm going to go back a make her backpack which won't be an issue but it's her bow that I'm a little stumped on. The "easiest" way would be getting a toy bow and making alterations but I know the paint will flake off and I rather make the whole thing from scratch, wood if I can find the right curved piece. I was thinking trying to find a piece of a frame? I'm not sure.... Just don't know how to approach this.

The other thing is that I'm also making my friend the Baboon Naraku outfit for my friend. The pelt its self will not be the issue, it's the mask that I'm brain storming on. I'm not sure if I could make a wire frame and cover it with material, shape craft foam, use the combination of the two, or do something completely different.

Any tips or advise would be wonderful
GoddessOfSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
xMidnightMotion

I don't know about Kagome's bow, but Naraku's mask I would either make out of foam, and/or paper mache.
Good luck!

.:UPCOMING CONS:.
SpringFest, NY - I-CON 31 - Castle Point Anime Convention - AnimeNEXT

.:CURRENT COSPLAYS:.
Rose Lalonde - Homestuck [100%]
Imp-form Midna - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [30%]
Ciel Phantomhive (Wonderland version) - Kuroshitsuji [0% - PLANNED]
xMidnightMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Stitches

I made my naraku mask out of a wire frame built to my head covered in aluminum foil then super sculpey ontop, sanded and painted. It's nice because it's pretty durable and you can have a longer time to get the shape just right before you bake it with a heat gun. :3

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...297919 _n.jpg

Here's how mine turned out. The teeth are the worst part, most of them have fallen out because I decided to do them separately, I would definitely build it all in one piece. T_T
Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Try using a full face mask, newspaper, celluclay and powdered dark blue dye. The mask is the bas frame the newspaper builds it up and pads it out. Mix the powdered dye in with the celluclay when mixing the celluclay up (gloves optional but be prepared for blue tinted hands). Shape mask, eye holes, ears, and teeth. Make sure that there is plenty to attach the hood to. Also keep in mind that celluclay shrinks when it drys and shouldn't be too thick or it won't dry. When the mask drys enough that you can remove it from the mold without it losing shape then it can be baked on low heat in the oven. Keep something under it to keep it from falling and bake it on a cookie sheet.