Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-26-2004, 10:26 AM   #166
Evergrace
Get used to it...

The way i see it with large props is that if you arn't flinging it about and causing a hazard, most cons won't care. I had a 6' Tetsusaiga at ACen 2004, but i did have to cut it down, simply because there was like 20 billion people there. Basically if you keep it to yourself and there isnt an ungodly amount of people there, they wont bother you, until you bother them.

Unread 10-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #167
R1KKu

It really depends on the con. If they have a website, and Im sure they do, I would check with their prop rules. Sometimes, security can be really strict, like Acen was this year; a sword I was carrying around had a 4ft blade, and about an 18" handle, about as tall as me altogether; no I wasnt swinging it around, and I was very careful when posing with it, but I got stopped many times for having it in the hotel, but I knew someone in security =) Im surprised you got away with your Tet there, Evergrace. By any chance did you have it at AR this past weekend? I only remember seeing one. =(

For your Hiraikotsu being foam, I dont think it would be a big deal, its not like you made it out of wood or even demon bones =P Hopefully its light enough for you to carry all day too. Do you have that shoulder strap thing on it though? That would help alot with lugging it around.
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 12:28 PM   #168
~Sango~
Demon Slayer

i will look on the site. Also R1KKu r u ever gonna post that sesshomaru costume? And is anyone coming to anime Boston? Oh and my Friend ~Kagura~ is going as kagura and was wondering if anyone could find a good reference pic, or any ideas on the costume.
Love Interest: Miroku
Pet(s): Kirara
Weapon: Hiraikotsu
Katana
Phisical Discription: Sango has dark brown hair and brown eyes. She has light skin.
Sibling(s): Kohaku
~Sango~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #169
InuPhoenix

shes doing kagura right? well if shes doing ehr second one she jsut has to get a kimono pattern and fake the collars.

oh the joys of lugging a 6ft foam boomerang on your back and wearinga kimono that only let you walka foot a second, not to mention i accidentally hit a couple of ppl (SRY LEXY-CHAND A LAURY-CHAN!!) lol but nah you wond have a problem, also you better post pics when your done ~Sango~ !!!!
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2004, 06:16 PM   #170
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sango~
i will look on the site. Also R1KKu r u ever gonna post that sesshomaru costume? And is anyone coming to anime Boston? Oh and my Friend ~Kagura~ is going as kagura and was wondering if anyone could find a good reference pic, or any ideas on the costume.
Yes yes, just a moment, I dont have my pix developed yet, but I did find one that someone had posted on their site, (hope they dont get mad for me linking) Here is that link. I know, I look dorky, and I couldnt stop smiling, gotta work on that. This is my first cosplay (crossplay actually) where I wasnt dressed as Rikku, who is always so energetic, and Im used to the smiling. Ill get my pix up asap. Also, A piece to one of my swords went MIA in our hotel room so I didnt have it all weekend, my wig was getting caught in the spikes, which got caught in an elevator door and took some damage, and my boots were killing me. And then there was the random idiot who thought it was funny to step on my tail. Oh, and the fact that I couldnt sit down because of my armor,(which was really warming me up), I was able to kneel though. Ok enough rambling, I still had fun.

I, too, am going to start work on a Kagura, and have some good/decent screencaps and pictures of her. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. Ive already purchased fabric and random supplies for the costume. Here is a link with some Kagura pix, hopefully those will help.

Last edited by R1KKu : 10-26-2004 at 11:14 PM.
Unread 10-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #171
Ryu-Ness
Rabid Fangirl

Quote:
Thanks all. I think i will either use the plastic, or pleather w/fabric cover for lower armor, and sholderpads for the sholders and elbows. So thats it. Um what is ppls opinion on bringing props to cons. I am going to animeBoston 2005 and was wondering if i would be alowed by security to bring my Hiraikotsu. Anyone know how i can find that out, (its made from foam so its not THAT hard). Also does anyone have any words of wisdom about having big props, (its about 5'5). Sorry i ask so many questions im really new to this and i dont want to mess up my favorite anime character.
Sango. 'yo. -waves hand-

Well, I got allowed into Fanime with my Hiraikotsu.. and it's 6'8". It mainly depends on the size of the convention, but even in the dealer's room, they allowed me with it because it was strapped to my back, I suppose. However, I didn't accidently hit one of my friends and Kagome on the head with it a couple of times. x_X So be careful with that.

About the armor? I'm working on a pair myself -- Shoulders and elbows are -hard-. Leggings are a kind of samurai armor.. I forget the name of which right now. And the front and butt parts of the outfit? Hell if I know. I still ned to get that part done. The shoulders and elbow armor I'm using clay for, which I bought from Michael's. I'll post the brand as soon as I get it, because it wasn't at another Michael's that I went to -- and it does wonders.

^_~ Perfecting the art of dashing in a yukata is easy.Only problem is..

You can hear my sandals click from halfway across the convention. I need to get a backing on them. Also, resist the temptation to not pretend to hit them. Be angry. Furious, and blushingly cute all the meanwhile.

Good luck. <3

Last edited by Ryu-Ness : 10-26-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Ryu-Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 04:01 PM   #172
InuPhoenix

lol well, i didnt get the click-clack, my sandala i guess are suede so they didnt really make a sound lol
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2004, 04:19 PM   #173
odango-mango

i just finished working on my Kikyou costume, i put it together last week to wear for halloween.
I had to wing it since i didn't have a pattern but it turned out pretty good
Unread 10-28-2004, 04:47 PM   #174
Miyabi-
All Will Be Well

I'm almost done with my Inuyasha! I just have to sew the sleeves onto the shirt and add the black trimming at the sleeves and tie the string around the top and add the slits into the pants.
I got my gold contact lenses today and though they look really awesome they're really uncomfortable so I'll probably end up just using them for cosplay only and not for just walking around.
My custom fang job turned out pretty well! I just have to file the rough edges down.
I'm going to probably have an untransformed Tetsusaiga. I'm going to experiament with making on out of cardboard this weekend but I have a feeling it's not gonna work. Ah well...better to try then never to know huh?
Miyabi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2004, 09:20 AM   #175
Dymatrex
Close Your Eyes and Dream

Eiii...I'm in school right now as Inuyasha, and not many people know who I am, or look at me like I'm crossplaying...*sniff*...the wig I have isn't even white. It's a platinum-blonde like color...

...at least I made a big Tessaiga

~Keep on loving and laughing~
Dymatrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2004, 12:58 PM   #176
Evergrace
Get used to it...

I'm sitting in my Advanced Placement Java class in my Inu-Yasha costume and this friggin chest plate is digging into my crotch... yes, there is a chest plate. other than that, im so afraid of stepping on my hakama and falling down the stairs... stop laughing, it's not THAT funny...
Unread 10-29-2004, 02:28 PM   #177
~Sango~
Demon Slayer

ok. i am happy one of my costumes is almost done. traveling sango is going to be done in december. yay!!!
Love Interest: Miroku
Pet(s): Kirara
Weapon: Hiraikotsu
Katana
Phisical Discription: Sango has dark brown hair and brown eyes. She has light skin.
Sibling(s): Kohaku
~Sango~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2004, 08:26 PM   #178
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrace
I'm sitting in my Advanced Placement Java class in my Inu-Yasha costume and this friggin chest plate is digging into my crotch... yes, there is a chest plate. other than that, im so afraid of stepping on my hakama and falling down the stairs... stop laughing, it's not THAT funny...
Chest plate??? Interesting.... Are you talking about that front flap thing on his shirt??? Also, picking up the sides of your hakamas like a dress helps when walking up and down stairs, but Inu's bunches up on the bottom like elastic, did you forget to put that on? That might help.

I wish I could wear a costume to school, but I dont have class Fridays, and wearing one on Thurday might get me some weird glares. I did have one lady in my class begging me to wear my Sesshy though,lol, not gonna happen, Id be dying to be able to sit down
Unread 10-30-2004, 12:36 AM   #179
Wind Archer
Femme fatale

I'm really considering about working on an Inuyasha costume for next next year lol. I think I'd make an okay human Inuyasha lol, I'd like to get a wig, but there's not really any good wig shops here.
Wind Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2004, 02:37 AM   #180
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

R1KKu, I just love your whole costume! You even got the shoes right! That's a big point with me, I hate it when people have a great costume but they get lazy about the shoes. Yours are just perfect!

AE/Kumori Con
Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke); Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2); Shura!Sakura, Jade!Syaoran (Tsubasa: RC); Kokon (Kon Kon Kokon)
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote