Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-08-2004, 04:21 PM   #31
Arin

Quote:
Originally Posted by inu-chan00
ohhh i remember you^^ u made an awsome kagome cosplay ^^
Thanks! I still need to hem the skirt up a bit..... (it almost reaches my knees) But thanks! It went pretty well, considering it was my first....
Arin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #32
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha
"InuTaisho" is literally 'lord of dogs'...he was also referred to as Inu No Taisho, 'lord of the dogs'. It's more likely that "Inutaisho" is a rank and not a name. I beleive in the manga Sesshoumaru was referred to as 'inu no taisho' once or twice as well.
InuTaisho never got an official name. When I was researching when making my InuTaisho costume, found out his name was originally listed as Touga - but that never got to official status as all the production notes called him Inu-Papa and the cast never calls him by anything but his title.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #33
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Yeah, I seem top recall a lot of people referring to him as Toga (why is animal house coming to mind?) in fanfictions/fan shrines. I doubt they'll ever clear that up as the show is set to end soon. The manga continues though but even it seems to be coming to a close. Very sad. They have announced the fourth movie though so I'm sure Inuyasha will continue through other incarnations which is good.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2004, 07:15 PM   #34
InuPhoenix

yep next wek actually for the TV seires but no worries for america there prolly showing it here for another 3 year ^___^ lol but yea ::sniffles:: the second to latest chapter in the manga was soooooo sad ((not giving away spoilers unless ppl want them))
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2004, 07:48 PM   #35
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

I saw on ear-tweak.com actually, is that your site? It rocks hard!
Unread 09-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #36
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

his title fits him! i mean hello! inuyasha fits himself so why not have inu-papa as Inutaisho? i do remember hearing myoga, totosai and Saya calling him "otaisho-sama" or something like that ^^; i donno i might be hearing it wrong
Valerie, Ace of Pilot Fish (Pandect) 40%
HisuiKirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2004, 08:30 PM   #37
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

Quote:
"InuTaisho" is literally 'lord of dogs'...he was also referred to as Inu No Taisho, 'lord of the dogs'. It's more likely that "Inutaisho" is a rank and not a name. I beleive in the manga Sesshoumaru was referred to as 'inu no taisho' once or twice as well.
In the episode where sessh has to fight against the cat demons he was refered to as "inu no daioh" meaning prince of dogs soooo maybe thats where u got that reference! *shrugg*
Unread 09-09-2004, 12:46 PM   #38
Lazarus

Well, for Inuyasha, if you wanna show that you went all out, get a good wig, do the ears, GET CONTACTS THAT HAVE CAT EYES, do the nails, and have all of his other props and clothes.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2004, 01:28 PM   #39
InuPhoenix

heh heh ^_^* no i dont own ear-tweak it belongs to the lovely webmistress kuro! hee hee but. prolly but InuTaisho sounds good so maybe tkahashi jsut let her fans name him ::shrugs::
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-09-2004, 03:09 PM   #40
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Well, for Inuyasha, if you wanna show that you went all out, get a good wig, do the ears, GET CONTACTS THAT HAVE CAT EYES, do the nails, and have all of his other props and clothes.
problem with cat-eye contacts is it distorts ur vison. even contacts in general can scratch ur lenses and affect ur vision, that's why it's advised to not use contacts unless u NEED them. using them for a cosplay(probibly going to be out in costume for 5+ hours) isnt good if u have cat-eye contacts. but yellow contacts(which arent so slitted) probibly wouldnt do much. im just saying this as precaution.
If you use contacts, keep your eyes moist!
take some Visine with you. and DO NOT FALL ASLEEP WITH THEM ON! you will not be able to see when u wake up!!!(it happened to my boyfriend)
so just warning people who want to use contacts, this is why i didnt use them, i have perfect vision and dont wanna mess with my eyes!
Unread 09-09-2004, 11:51 PM   #41
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Don't waste money on the cat-eye contacts, they spin. They end up looking like this \ / plus they're like neon yellow and Inu's are golden. I'd recommend the wolf eye ones. Hisui's right, these kind of cosmetic lenses generally only come in one diameter and base curve, meaning they can be extremely uncomfortable and even do damage to your eye. All in all they probably aren't worth it. I'm having custom lenses made by 9mmfx, but they cost over $200, but to me it's worth it to have accuracy and comfort.
Unread 09-10-2004, 03:06 AM   #42
R1KKu

Quote:
Don't waste money on the cat-eye contacts, they spin. They end up looking like this \ / plus they're like neon yellow and Inu's are golden. I'd recommend the wolf eye ones. Hisui's right, these kind of cosmetic lenses generally only come in one diameter and base curve, meaning they can be extremely uncomfortable and even do damage to your eye. All in all they probably aren't worth it. I'm having custom lenses made by 9mmfx, but they cost over $200, but to me it's worth it to have accuracy and comfort.

I've heard about cat eyes that are balanced, I guess its called prism balancing, which prevents the spinning. The wolf contacts look more accurate to the design, but the highest power they have is like 4.0 or 4.5. (sucks to be me, having 5.25 and 6.25) The 9mmfx contacts are awesome (I have a pair, see avatar =) but they spin, which makes them look all funny. You might want to ask if they have the balanced contacts before ordering them. ( I wish I could afford another pair, Sesshy just aint Sesshy without those purdy eyes.) =*(
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 03:28 AM   #43
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

They can prism balace them, and do with anything that has a slit. They have plain cat-eye contacts that are prism balanced, but for that price you might as well just get the custom paint job to ge those golden tones he has. I feel you on the prescription problem, mine's -6.50. Accuracy is so expensive!
Unread 09-10-2004, 07:57 PM   #44
InuPhoenix

hmm yea i never will wear contacts they look uncomfortable!! lol but im prolly never going to inuyasha since i technically already sis him, id rather do mirdoriko ro akagura which focus more on the outfit and not the eyes (cept for kagura)
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #45
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

i want to make my inutaisho almost perfect(not including eyes)
so everything on the costume must be done so well u dont need to care about the eyes, and i can photo edit later to make the eyes look cool XD