Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-08-2005, 07:14 PM   #511
InuPhoenix

lol ^^*its hard to notice cause your more drawn to his fingers than his outfit....
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-08-2005, 07:57 PM   #512
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuPhoenix
ooo! the one with the pinkshish magenta flowers rite? ^^* i love that outfit...hard to believe hes had others beside his red one ne?

Hehe yes, since I wanted to redo the top and pants so that I can wear the costume in the summer as well; first pair were made from a heavier fabric for the colder months. And itll keep me away from those dreaded polygonal shapes and flowers...too many!! The only difference is his top, with those magenta flowers (flowers??!!) and his belt, blue with 2 sashes, each decorated with simple yellow designs. And now that my sewing machine is fixed, I should have the belt almost done tonite, Ill post a pic =)
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #513
isami
Mid or Feed

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!
Haha, if anybody saw the pictures from my dumbass photoshoot... i'm sorry I can't look normal in anything. XD

Costumes, costumes. Once Katsu is over, I have to work on somebody new from IY

I was actually thinking one of those chicks from the movie, the one who stole Miroku's windtunnel (or cloned it, rather)

Kiwi Zing
Otakudom Rules
------------------------
Upcoming Cons
AB ? || A-Next || Otakon || M-Next

Live Journal \\ Deviant Art

isami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #514
PZB
Silk Fiend

Ruri and Hari....we're doing a female villains group for AX this year, and two of the girls are doing them. I'm doing Kaguya (second movie, second outfit), we've got a Tsubaki (did I spell that right? Brain is fried from html coding...)...I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but I think I might just be crossing groups...we've got a Kagura and Kanna, but that's a different day... But yeah...they're never done (though I wonder how many people will actually recognize us without an Inuyasha...)
Unread 02-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #515
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I've only seen her done once
http://www.icosplay.com/awa2k2/awa02p4.html
with the two first movie costumers together I recognized them
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #516
R1KKu

I was thinking of making one of those costumes, the girl with the blue hair, I get their names messed up. And Tsubaki, her outfit looks easy enough, and I really like that blue.

How bout Urasue?? She's really hideous to cosplay though. Dont forget Yura. What about that one woman from the Sesshy special (havent watched it yet) is she evil??

Ooh... there's a Menomaru... nice!
That Sango has some really interesting armor.

Picture time!!
Belt
(Just pinned in place for now, and those darn appliques arent holding well)

Isami, I keep forgetting to say this, but Good Job! on the props. I like the multicolored arrows, and the quiver turned out really nice! XD

Last edited by R1KKu : 02-08-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #517
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KKu
Ooh... there's a Menomaru... nice!
That Sango has some really interesting armor.
That Sango was the first I saw to do her armor like the manga picture - thought it was pretty and different to have designs on the pieces
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #518
PZB
Silk Fiend

Quote:
What about that one woman from the Sesshy special (havent watched it yet) is she evil??
Not sure how to classify her...not really evil, but not really what you would call a good guy either...though she's got a pretty kick ass costume (though, again, one of those you'd never recognize away from a Sesshomaru...almost too generic.) We're working on someone to do Yura...the issue is finding someone comfortable enough with their body to wear so little.

If I remember correctly, blue is Ruri (interesting that she chose the Chinese garb that they're in all of what...three minutes in the movie? XD) Anyone ever see a Kaguya done? Either outfit...I'm curious to see what others have done...

R1KKu, have you tried maybe like a stitch witchery or some kind of fusable tape to help hold the appliques in place?

Last edited by PZB : 02-08-2005 at 10:46 PM.
PZB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #519
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Knew I had seen one battle Kaguya
http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers...ostumeid=36220
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:47 PM   #520
PZB
Silk Fiend

lol, I figured someone would have beat me to it...it's been around too long.
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:12 PM   #521
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZB
Not sure how to classify her...not really evil, but not really what you would call a good guy either...though she's got a pretty kick ass costume (though, again, one of those you'd never recognize away from a Sesshomaru...almost too generic.) We're working on someone to do Yura...the issue is finding someone comfortable enough with their body to wear so little.

If I remember correctly, blue is Ruri (interesting that she chose the Chinese garb that they're in all of what...three minutes in the movie? XD) Anyone ever see a Kaguya done? Either outfit...I'm curious to see what others have done...

R1KKu, have you tried maybe like a stitch witchery or some kind of fusable tape to help hold the appliques in place?

Id cosplay Yura for you, cept I probably dont live near you =\
Yeah, Im pretty sure its Ruri, I like her other outfit, not the traveling one, like that cosplayer has on. Didnt Kaguya have another outfit in the movie??

I have the appliques on with the heavy duty Heat n Bond (or whichever one it is) Maybe Ill just sew it on.
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:56 PM   #522
isami
Mid or Feed

Ruri, eh?
Yeah, I'd like to cosplay her one day.

it'd be kinda fun doing a big villains group for Otakon, too.

Kiwi Zing
Otakudom Rules
------------------------
Upcoming Cons
AB ? || A-Next || Otakon || M-Next

Live Journal \\ Deviant Art

isami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 12:08 AM   #523
PZB
Silk Fiend

Quote:
Yeah, Im pretty sure its Ruri, I like her other outfit, not the traveling one, like that cosplayer has on. Didnt Kaguya have another outfit in the movie??

I have the appliques on with the heavy duty Heat n Bond (or whichever one it is) Maybe Ill just sew it on.
Heh...yeah...CA Kaguya had a layered Kimono as well...what she wore for the first half of the movie.

Ahh, yeah....appliques that size, you'd want to sew on. May take a while, but in the long run, you'll be happier about it.
Unread 02-09-2005, 12:15 AM   #524
Skyline Kyo
Elysiam.org

Heya everyone. I'm new to the Inuyasha cosplay so just tossing a hello wave.

I got a Miroku costume ready but I need to find that one gold ring he wears. Anyone have any clue regarding that?

And that staff.... hmmm.... I'm not very good with props but anyone have any pointers regarding that?

Sanks!
Skyline Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2005, 03:43 AM   #525
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1KKu

Ooh! I should probably mention you'll want to use something else to hold the appliques on, in the summer (especially in Baltimore because it's on the waterfront) there's so much humidity appliques can completely come off! Some of my little dots in the middle of my hexagon patterns came off of my sesshy kimono, and I had to redo them. For the outsides of the patterns I used the machine to stitch them in place, then handstitched the smaller parts. At the very least the edges will start to peel. Plus once it's sewn in place you can wash the garment, even dry-cleaning can loosen the bond without it. Looks great btw! I was going to make the 3rd movie sesshy for Otakon myself, but I've gotten sidetracked with my 4 legged Kiba(wolf's rain) suit. I'll still have Shippou with me though, and I hope to get some pics! (you are going to Otakon right, I know you said you were trying to). Keep up the excellent work! ^^
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote