Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2004, 10:08 AM   #46
InuPhoenix

yesh! i wanna see a pic of you InuTaisho, one year i want to do izaoi (the one from the episodes not her birthing outfit) i might just fake the other collars though lol
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2004, 01:32 PM   #47
_Mandy_
Adventure Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Well, for Inuyasha, if you wanna show that you went all out, get a good wig, do the ears, GET CONTACTS THAT HAVE CAT EYES, do the nails, and have all of his other props and clothes.
If you want cat-eye contacts 9mmsfx sells them I think. They're a bit pricey but they're good quality and won't screw up your eyes. Except...the thing is, InuYasha doesn't have cat-eyes. His eyes are just yellow, so you'd probably be better off getting yellow contacts, not cat-eye contacts. Plain yellow would probably be cheaper too.
_Mandy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 01:32 PM   #48
Wind Archer
Femme fatale

I'm planning to make a Sango costume, after I'm done cosplaying with my Kikyo costume. ^^ It's going to be the commoner outfit, because I know that I would just look horrible in the youkai exterminator one, I don't have the figure. >.<
Wind Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 04:03 PM   #49
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Actually, Inu and sessy do have cat/reptilian eyes, all Takahashi demons do. They aren't however, just yellow, the have black on the sides and dark gold mixed in too. It's a gradient really. I'm working on a design for Inu/sesshy contacts for 9mmfx from these pics

Sesshy and Inu and muted color and smaller slit
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2004, 08:59 PM   #50
InuPhoenix

WIND ARCHER I DID HER OUTFIT!!!! lol sry ^_^* im just getting kikyo bow tommorrow so yay!! but yes it is tru i did my sango costume (details in sig) and my pics are posted on my site if you want to take a look prob though, my pics are HORRIBLE!!! >_< but take a look anyway lol im willing to help!!!
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-11-2004, 10:38 PM   #51
Wind Archer
Femme fatale

Lol, I love your costume InuPhoenix, it's really nice! The blue kercheif around her neck with her boomerang, and the Kirara plushie add a really nice touch. ^^
Unread 09-12-2004, 10:31 AM   #52
InuPhoenix

thanks ::blush:: lol yes that a big thing and ppl get wrong, the blue tie is acctually a pack that she wears it not a kercheif or anything, jsut get a yard of blue fabric ::medium bue:: and paint random circles all over it and roll each corner hlaf-wayy in and tie it around your shoulders lol if that made sense ^_^*but PM me if you have any questions and such im will to help ^___^ !
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #53
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Glad I found this thread, I'm new to the forums and I really need some help! My boyfriend and I are cosplaying Miroku and Sango (exterminator outfit) at a convention in April (also several other costumes apiece, which is why I'm worrying about this so far ahead of time). There are several pieces I'm confused/need help on.

Miroku's staff is giving me headaches. I want to make it as close to the anime as possible, but there's a lot of semi-intricate carving involved. I don't want to do just another round ring on a stick. There's supposed to be carving on the part of the staff that runs through the middle of the main ring, as well as on the large ring itself (it's got those pointy bits on either side of the ring.) I'm not sure if I should carve it out of wood, or use some other material. (Neither of us has any carving experience.)

The ring he wears on the middle finger of his cursed hand is also bugging me. It's a wide gold band with a curving zig-zag pattern, and it connects his wrist wrap to his hand. How would I make that? (I don't want to resort to something like Fimo dough, because I'm pretty sure that would look bad, and it probably wouldn't hold up very well.) Should I try to special-order it? If so, where would I go?

Sango's armor and hiraikotsu are also nagging at me, more the armor and her poison-shielding mask than hiraikotsu (I have some ideas on that, at least.) I want to make the armor out of something hard, but I'm not sure what. How do you make something curved/bowl-shaped like that? And how do you make something more intricate like her mask? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. (Sorry for the long post, I'm just very confused right now.)
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2004, 05:52 PM   #54
InuPhoenix

never be scared of long posts

oki im making my friends demonslayer costume if she ever gets aroudn to buying the body suit and party sity!!! lol

the armor, you dont exactly want it hard, esspecially if she wants to sit down at teh con ^_~ have your tried super stiff felt sheets? als for the stomache area, id say get a 1/2 yard of the color (wine i think) cut out the shape then get teh supper stiff inter facing, apply it then use silver (?) fabric glue to decorate the edges, for the shoulders try getting actaul shoulder gurard or knees guards and cover it with the same fabric that yuo used for the middle part, for the shing gurads, again buy some them cover them with fabric, for the mask, unfortuantely your going to have to use clay (dont use the crayola stuff, try to find a soft cement clay or sumthing like that) for the staff, try carving it out of foam insulator that you use for a basement (for the round part of the staff not hte stick) and hot flue it or wood glue it onto the wood, for the ring...un fortuantely you might have to use clay but not the crayola stuff, use the same stuff you use for sango's mask.

::takes a deep breath:: thats it in a nutshell lol
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-13-2004, 09:46 PM   #55
Wind Archer
Femme fatale

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuPhoenix
thanks ::blush:: lol yes that a big thing and ppl get wrong, the blue tie is acctually a pack that she wears it not a kercheif or anything, jsut get a yard of blue fabric ::medium bue:: and paint random circles all over it and roll each corner hlaf-wayy in and tie it around your shoulders lol if that made sense ^_^*but PM me if you have any questions and such im will to help ^___^ !
Thanks for the tip, and the offer, that's so kind of you to say so. ^_^

As for Miroku's staff, it is kind of complicated, and I've seen many different versions of it. So I guess it wouldn't matter that much if it doesn't look exactly like his'. It looks to me like a gold circle, with intricate designs of two crescent shaped things on a line to me.
Unread 09-14-2004, 01:43 AM   #56
Storm Akima
Animator

My brother went to Otakon 03 and 04 as Miroku and he made a pretty decent staff. I can ask him what he used for materials. I know he got a lantern thingy with a metal black pole attached to it (he broke off the lantern). Then he basically got the rest from Walmart... a towel ring, some moon shapes, big wooden beads, and a dowel that went through the middle of the towel ring and the wooden beads (sorry if my spelling/thinking is horrible today LOL, I had a long day in class). After some drilling and sanding, he used some gold metallic paint on the top and then ta da'! It took him a while, but it was worth the pain . You can actually see his staff in a few of our group photos. Don't know if that's much help, but I wish you luck!
Storm Akima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #57
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Thanks for the help, guys. Yeah, I know it's kind of picky of me, but I really want to do a "true" Miroku staff, or as close as I can get. I'm very details oriented, and it would really bug me if I didn't at least attempt it. Also, this is my boyfriend's first time cosplaying, so I want to make him a really nice costume. I actually bought the fabric for his in February, thinking I was going to make him a Miroku costume at Sakura Con earlier this year, but I put off making my costume too late and never got around to his. (Another reason why I'm getting started now; otherwise, it would get put off until the last two weeks of March!) He really wants a costume this time, especially one that relates to mine.

I'm still curious about the ring (one worn on his hand). Even just a broad, flat gold band would work, the zig-zag carving isn't entirely necessary. (Though it would be a really cool touch!) But where do I get something like that? I'm planning on attaching the wrist wrap to a thin strip of fabric or loop of string that will go around his finger, then putting the ring over it, so I wouldn't have to mess with trying to attach all that cloth to metal (and how would I do that anyway?). He's a fairly big guy, about 6'5", 6'6" and has what I like to call "the farmer boy build" (not heavy, just BIG), so he'd need a large sized ring.
Unread 09-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #58
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Just took a look at your photos, Storm Akima. Wow. Your brother's staff rules! How did he get the crescent-shaped beads for the center of the ring? Those are what I've had the most trouble locating so far, 3-D crescent shapes that are big enough. (Also, nice group pics. Great costumes!) Any chance he'd be willing to contact me?

Also, really nice Sango costume, InuPhoenix. I love the fact that you went to the trouble of making her gloves. Sango's yukata was my costume at Sakura Con earlier this year, and I think the glove...things (what are they called?!)...were my favorite part of the costume. I ended up doing both the long black gloves themselves and the white hand wraps she wears under them, and while they made eating kind of a pain, I really liked them. (It made up for the fact that I didn't have time to hem my yukata properly.) I'll have to get my boyfriend to put some pictures up, since I'm computer-stoopid. (See the typing I'm doing here? Yeah, that's what I can do.)

Last edited by Kumi-chan : 09-14-2004 at 11:15 AM.
Unread 09-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #59
Storm Akima
Animator

Thanks for the complement! I can't speak to my brother today... I have class shortly and on through late tonight... but I will let him know. On the other hand, I believe Tom bought the wooden moon crecents at Walmart's craft section... that or Crafts Basket (or any other crafts store). The crecents actually aren't 3D.. they're flat.. but Tom used two for the front and back side of the shape, gluing them to the dowel... so from afar, they look like 3D cresents.... also a solution to the flat dimensions... is fill in the middle (once they're glued to the dowel) with wood filler then sand it smooth. That will work fine Good luck!
Storm Akima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #60
InuPhoenix

thank-you kumi chan and no prob wind archer! lol wow walmart has everything ne?
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto