Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-15-2004, 08:35 PM   #61
Mystic Blossom
Herd u leik pokeymans

Everyone looks so lovely! I can't wait to wear my Miroku costume to school. My sash is so pretty and actually accurate. Only problem is, I'll need help getting it on ^^;;

This is the year of very little cosplay. How sad.

My Livejournal: It's not angsty. I promise.
Mystic Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2004, 04:56 AM   #62
HisuiKirei
fufufufufu~

im bored ^^; i just feel like posting in this thread...hm news for me? ive been watching Saiyuki, found out that i have the opening for Pretear and the second season ending for saiyuki...and i never knew where they were from till today o_O; anyway while watching saiyuki i was adjusting my armor(actually sewing on it) and i messed up! ;__; aparently i shoudl have sewn the silver cloth first...then i wouldnt be having such trouble... but *sigh* i have half black on and half silver on... ok so what i think on doing for the silver i couldnt put on b4 is just fold it over like i did with the black... and then sew it in, then stuff it! ^^; the flat peice is actually quite small, so i need to enlarge it by maybe 6 inches... so that shoulndt be too hard... but anyway... after watching saiyuki, im crawling with cosplay ideas
^^ i like hakkai, and kourin(the demon chick in the gorge town, uhm ep 15?), and lirin, and kougaji, and uhm...Yoine(i dont think thats spelled right but its another of the rival group) ^^; although it would require alot of cleavage showing. ^^;
aha- AHAHAhahaha....ha?(<~ a Chidori Kaname(FMP) fake laugh) ^^;
i also am gonna make fluffy ears for inuchan's Youko cosplay( i offered for inuyasha but she got some already ^^; ) i have been studying my sister's roomate's dog's ears, they are very fluffy and soft and I LOVE TWEAKING THEM! so i thought if inuyahsa had ears as elaboratly made so they actually looked like real dog ears, that inuyasha would be soooo kickass!.....but anyway -_-; sorry for the rant!
^^;
jaa nee
Valerie, Ace of Pilot Fish (Pandect) 40%
HisuiKirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #63
InuPhoenix

lol!!! yes that would be cool ::has cat ears to tweak but close enough:: lol
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
InuPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2004, 09:37 PM   #64
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

hello, i wanted to know if anyone has tips or pattern on how to make inuyashas kimono and his necklace, cus i count that there r five beads then the fang thingy, so i wanted to know if i'm right about it

costumes in the works for AX 07:

Kabuto ( naruto ): 85 %
yugifan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 07:23 PM   #65
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

I found the perfect thing for (some) of my Sango armor! They just opened up a Jo-Ann's superstore very close to where I live, so of course I had to stop by. I was able to get about five yards of black moleskin (a suede-like fabric, nice and soft and just the tiniest bit stretchy) for the battlesuit itself, for two bucks a yard, which makes me VERY happy. Usually it's seven to ten bucks a yard, but this was on the clearance aisle. Score! Exactly what I wanted, for way cheap. Anyway, right near the cutting table, they had a basket full of shoulder pads that you can put in a jacket or something. They're the perfect shape for Sango's shoulder guards! Maybe I can't get hard armor for everything, but these will look awesome when they're covered with the right fabric!

Oh, and you're right about Inuyasha's necklace, yugifan818. Five round beads between the fang-shaped ones. (What's the proper color, though? I think it's like a really dark bluey-purple color, almost black, but I can't remember. Shoot, now that's gonna bug me.)

I just got a Sesshomaru plushie! He's sooooo cool looking, with the armor and the two swords and the fluffy and everything! I'm bringing him with me to Sakura Con, even if he doesn't exactly belong with my character. He's a little bigger than the rest of my Inuyasha plushies, but since he's tall anyway, it kind of fits. He towers over my Inuyasha!
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #66
yugifan818
" I will not let u win "

i think the color fo rit is dark navy blue cus it turns black in the night sceen there black , and darknavy blue looks like that in the night, but i'll try with different colors to get the best resolts for it , cus i must have it to the shade, i'm freaky like that ^_^

costumes in the works for AX 07:

Kabuto ( naruto ): 85 %
yugifan818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:42 AM   #67
R1KKu

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugifan818
hello, i wanted to know if anyone has tips or pattern on how to make inuyashas kimono and his necklace, cus i count that there r five beads then the fang thingy, so i wanted to know if i'm right about it

For pattern info and such, you might want to check out This thread. Lots of stuff on Inuyasha costumes. For his necklace, its somewhat hard to determine when color the beads actually are. In the anime, they appear as a navy blue, Ive seen some pictures where they are purple and also a mix of the purple and blue. I guess its really your preference, and whatever color of beads you can find.

Kumi-chan, may I ask where you got your Sesshy plushie from? I cant find any =( oh well.....

*steals Kumi's Fluffy plushie*
R1KKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 10:36 AM   #68
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Why not go with indigo for the beads? As far as I can tell, it's a deep blue-purple (usually more purpleish).

I've seen beads in purple in the Animate, on official merch. It was relatively bright, though. I think a darker color would be better.

In Toronto and like kimono? Check out the Toronto Kimono Club!
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2004, 01:54 PM   #69
InuPhoenix

maybe... when my friend was IY we jsut used black beads but ::shrugs:: also YAAAAY!!!! i got a tainted shikon jewel off of e-bay for my kikyo costume ^____^
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #70
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Give him back! Grrr. *steals back Sesshy and huggles him* Nobody steals Kumi's plushies! If you're nice, I'll let you play with Shippo-chan. His tail is so nice and furry!

I got my Sesshomaru (or rather, my boyfriend got it) from a really cool anime store in Renton, Washington, called Sweet Kitty. Half the store is devoted to Hello Kitty stuff, but the other half is anime plushies, posters, figurines, etc. I buy all my posters there. I'm hoping they'll come out with a Kouga plushie sometime soon, I really want him!

Oh, sorry. Getting off topic again. Indigo sounds perfect for the beads. What I would do is get plain wooden beads and paint them. It's what I did when I was having trouble finding the right shade of round beads for Sebastian's Miroku rosary. I bought several packs of wooden beads from my local craft/fabric store (they usually have an aisle with small wooden items, near the dollhouse crafts in most cases), and two shades of ceramic paint to mix together. Then, I put the beads on a piece of stiff floral wire over a xerox box lid (to catch the drips), and painted them. You might also want to consider using nail polish to paint the beads, since it'll make them nice and shiny, or use clear nail polish over your chosen paint color. Make sure they're completely dry before you remove them from the wire, though, or you might leave fingerprints (which will lessen the shine). Use thin coats if you're using nail polish, if you make them too thick (or use old nail polish), it will never dry completely and you'll leave fingerprints no matter what. Just leave them overnight, or use a hairdryer. They might stick to the wire a little at first, so try removing them over a blanket or something that'll catch them. Otherwise, you might have to chase your new beads all over the floor.

I'm planning on using this strategy to make the big red bead that hangs on hiraikotsu, using bright red nail polish. The Miroku rosary I made turned out pretty well, and I was able to match the color pretty perfectly. It just took awhile to paint the number of beads I needed. (And I got paint all over my fingers. Keep the rest of your costume far away from you while you're working on the beads!)
Unread 09-21-2004, 05:25 PM   #71
InuPhoenix

yea that works lol we really just got a cave man claw necklace and re did it ^_^*
Izayoi

In Process:
Sailor Pluto
Unread 09-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #72
R1KKu

Hehe, I like your new sig, InuPhoenix.
*wants a pretty sig*

Lucky you Kumi, everyone on the west coast gets all the good stuff first, its not fair. =( I could always order the large Sesshy plushie online. I also saw a gigantic Inu plushie at a store near me *tempted*

Dumb question about Inu's outfit, and I'm sure it's what I think it is, but I never really noticed it until recently; the black lace thingy that wraps around his chest,from right shoulder to left waist, I take it that holds up his sheath?

*nearing completion of her Sesshy costume ^.^*
Unread 09-21-2004, 11:49 PM   #73
Storm Akima
Animator

Yay! I'm actually making progress on my Sesshoumaru costume! It's not much so far (there's still so much I need to do to it, LOL)... but it's something! Check it out at my gallery if you would like, I could always do with some pointers! Don't worry, I know about fur and detail on the face... just didn't get there yet O.o . Anyway, had to shout out the news. Good luck on your costumes!
Storm Akima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2004, 02:39 AM   #74
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Actually, R1KKu, I've wondered about that myself, and I've started watching Inuyasha really closely trying to figure it out. Now, while it's possible that it helps hold his sheath in place, I actually think it's used to keep the front flap of his robe closed, you know, that square piece that goes across the front of his robe. The reason is, if you watch the episodes with the sage and the human-faced fruit, (one of his "human Inuyasha" episodes, I believe it's somewhere in the late 50s, early 60s), Kagome wears his robe because her clothes are taken away. (She looks really cute in it, by the way! I love the way she ties it up!) She also wears the black string, and since she's not wearing the sword, it makes sense that it's there to hold the flap closed. Also, how else does he hold it closed? I know it's anime, so gravity doesn't necessarily apply, but I think it's a good guess. I'll have to check the first couple of episodes again, before he gets tetsusaiga. I think he just slides the sheath through his belt (whatever you call the ties on hakama) on his side, since it is tucked into there.

I really need to get an avatar.

EDIT: Okay, got my avatar. Need to talk to boyfriend about using an actual picture, he's got everything from the last conventions on his computer.

Last edited by Kumi-chan : 09-22-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Unread 09-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #75
R1KKu

Hmm, makes sense there, Kumi, I dont recall the artbook showing that string; weird. I know that Sage episode is playing on AS, first one was last nite, Ill have to take a closer look. I know that his sheath has two red stripes of something, and they dont look like part of his belt either. So much little detail, grr.